PDA

View Full Version : Mock Drafts Report

nickmeyer
01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
25. Denver Broncos: Marcus Spears, DE, L.S.U.

Last offseason the Broncos focused on upgrading the secondary by bringing in Champ Bailey and John Lynch but in the end the results were the same as they were thrashed by Peyton Manning and the Colts in the playoffs again. This year it will have to be the defensive line that receives the majority of their attention, especially the interior. Trevor Pryce will be back healthy, which should help, and Reggie Hayward enjoyed a breakout campaign by registering 10.5 sacks but beyond them the cupboard is essentially bare. Spears, a former tight end, is about as physically gifted as a defensive lineman as you will ever find and could project to either end or tackle in the pros. If they choose they can either play him at end and move Pryce inside or use Spears at tackle to generate a pass rush up the middle, either way the line would be significantly upgraded. Denver could also be searching for a top tight end such as Heath Miller because while the group they currently have has been serviceable they collectively do not provide the dynamic weapon in the passing game that this offense and franchise has become so accustomed to over the years with Shannon Sharpe. One other consideration could be a young signal caller to develop as Jake Plummer's backup and possibly eventual successor since they don't really have a reliable option there as we speak.

This is just one I found don't mean I believe it, just thought it was interesting

nickmeyer
01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
One report say we take this guy in the 2nd round just another for fun read doesn't mean I believe it

Jason Campbell

Official Bio College: Auburn Height: 6-5
Position: Quarterback Weight: 223
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.70
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Has excellent size...Has a big league arm and can make all the throws...Top natural athletic ability...Can run and scramble a little...Solid character and a hard worker...Still has a lot of upside and potential and may have turned the corner in 2004.
Weaknesses: Has been very inconsistent throughout his career...Doesn't read defenses well...Holds onto the ball too long and doesn't have a great feel for the pass rush...Makes poor decisions...Has to work on his technique and mechanics...Was aided by a tremendous running attack and great defense.
Notes: Highly touted recruit who finally began living up to his potential as a senior after a very up and down career...Was a one year wonder but has all the physical tools and will likely be among the top handful of signal callers drafted...Boom or bust type of prospect.

wizkid31
01-24-2005, 08:09 PM
sounds like another Jake plummer to me

nickmeyer
01-24-2005, 08:12 PM
sounds like another Jake plummer to me

Na more like a Jeff Blake

West
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
i dont get why everyones soo high on this kid...HE HAD ONE GOOD YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! his first 3 years he was terrible and the auburn faithful wanted him out...but now since the athletic director signed a west coast offense offensive ordinator which best fits Campbells ability he did great...now let me ask you...ARE WE A WEST COAST OFFENSIVE TEAM? no! :duh:

besides we have toooooo many holes to fill in the earlier rounds so WASTING (*key word*) a pick imo is out of the question :duh:

dbdom
01-25-2005, 02:34 AM
Use the 2nd rounder on filling some holes rather than getting a QB we dont need right now

West
01-25-2005, 05:52 AM
hense my post above :duh:

TXBRONC
01-25-2005, 01:27 PM
i dont get why everyones soo high on this kid...HE HAD ONE GOOD YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! his first 3 years he was terrible and the auburn faithful wanted him out...but now since the athletic director signed a west coast offense offensive ordinator which best fits Campbells ability he did great...now let me ask you...ARE WE A WEST COAST OFFENSIVE TEAM? no! :duh:

besides we have toooooo many holes to fill in the earlier rounds so WASTING (*key word*) a pick imo is out of the question :duh:

You know what I see in Jason Campbell, the potential to be another Jarious Jackson. We need to up grade our defense especially the D-line more than we need project qb. Spears or Shaun Cody would be nice picks if their available.

nickmeyer
01-25-2005, 05:22 PM
You know what I see in Jason Campbell, the potential to be another Jarious Jackson. We need to up grade our defense especially the D-line more than we need project qb. Spears or Shaun Cody would be nice picks if their available.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing so when I saw that report it kind of shocked me that someone would think we would Draft a QB in the 2nd

Jared
01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Na more like a Jeff Blake

a much taller Jeff Blake,

Actually, Blake had a pretty good college career.

He actually sounds more like a McNair, who kinda exploded on to the scene his senior year, and many people weren't sure he was -going to be a good NFL QB. He turned out ok. But any pick is always a risk.

Jared
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
now let me ask you...ARE WE A WEST COAST OFFENSIVE TEAM? no! :duh:

Um....yeah, the Broncos ARE a West Coast offense team. They just emphasize the run more than the old 49ers did.

The purest WC in the NFL right now is probably either Holmgren or Green. Green needs more talent to make it work, but in Minny, it was just like the old explosive Niners.

nickmeyer
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM

He actually sounds more like a McNair, who kinda exploded on to the scene his senior year, and many people weren't sure he was -going to be a good NFL QB. He turned out ok. But any pick is always a risk.

Yeah he fits the McNair mold he sure does have a canoon of an arm though, but we do not need a QB so I hope we do not draft him

TXBRONC
01-27-2005, 08:55 AM

McNair last two seasons in college were sold and of coarse he did get some national recognition his senior season. Campbell has battled with inconsistancy throughout his career. I'll admit he did have good senior season I'm just not sure he would be wise pick for Denver considering what their needs are.

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-27-2005, 09:04 AM
I can see where you make the comparison, but in all honestly, I think Campbell is leaps and bounds above Jackson.
As an ND fan, I saw jackson play a lot...he basically played in a triple option offense.

ChiefSurgeon
01-27-2005, 09:51 AM
One report say we take this guy in the 2nd round just another for fun read doesn't mean I believe it

Jason Campbell

Official Bio College: Auburn Height: 6-5
Position: Quarterback Weight: 223
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.70
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Has excellent size...Has a big league arm and can make all the throws...Top natural athletic ability...Can run and scramble a little...Solid character and a hard worker...Still has a lot of upside and potential and may have turned the corner in 2004.
Weaknesses: Has been very inconsistent throughout his career...Doesn't read defenses well...Holds onto the ball too long and doesn't have a great feel for the pass rush...Makes poor decisions...Has to work on his technique and mechanics...Was aided by a tremendous running attack and great defense.
Notes: Highly touted recruit who finally began living up to his potential as a senior after a very up and down career...Was a one year wonder but has all the physical tools and will likely be among the top handful of signal callers drafted...Boom or bust type of prospect.

We should take this guy. Brings all the attributes of Jake and with time, will probably be better. Perfect fit for what Denver does.