PDA

View Full Version : Just watched senior bowl practice

Milehigh117
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM
And two players really stood out to me, one on each side of the ball.

First of all DT Antajj Hawthorne from Wisconsin looked very good. He was incredibly quick off the line of scrimmage, and even when faced with double teams, collapsed the pocket very quickly. He has always been known as a great run stuffer at a stout 6'3 312, but he showed he has the athletic ability to provide pressure up the middle and hit a QB in the mouth. Will be a very good three-down lineman. He was overshadowed by Erasmus James, and he consistently faced double and triple teams in college, and he will slip to the late first, early second round.

The second player was WR Vincent Jackson from Northern Colorado, quite possible the biggest sleeper in the draft. He is 6'5 225 pounds and runs a 4.5 which is great for a big guy like him. He is a great athlete and reminds me a bit of T.O., a great athlete with outstanding size who is not well known and from a smaller school. He has great leaping ability and has big hands which he uses to catch the ball away from his body. He has great change of direction skills and acceleration for a big man. He shone pretty much all day except for one deep pass that he dropped. He will probably be a late 2nd rounder and could go anywhere in the third.

2 Minute Warning
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Moved the thread :cheers: And thanks for the info, looking forward to the game :beer:

DenverBaller
01-25-2005, 02:58 PM
And two players really stood out to me, one on each side of the ball.

First of all DT Antajj Hawthorne from Wisconsin looked very good. He was incredibly quick off the line of scrimmage, and even when faced with double teams, collapsed the pocket very quickly. He has always been known as a great run stuffer at a stout 6'3 312, but he showed he has the athletic ability to provide pressure up the middle and hit a QB in the mouth. Will be a very good three-down lineman. He was overshadowed by Erasmus James, and he consistently faced double and triple teams in college, and he will slip to the late first, early second round.

The second player was WR Vincent Jackson from Northern Colorado, quite possible the biggest sleeper in the draft. He is 6'5 225 pounds and runs a 4.5 which is great for a big guy like him. He is a great athlete and reminds me a bit of T.O., a great athlete with outstanding size who is not well known and from a smaller school. He has great leaping ability and has big hands which he uses to catch the ball away from his body. He has great change of direction skills and acceleration for a big man. He shone pretty much all day except for one deep pass that he dropped. He will probably be a late 2nd rounder and could go anywhere in the third.

Your right about Vincent Jackson... but his hands concern me... another WR who impressed me was Courtney Roby out of Indiana.. he looked quick and has good hands.

wizkid31
01-26-2005, 09:45 PM
hopefully they'll still be there in the late rounds of the draft!!!!

PRBronco
01-29-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm watching the game right now and i really like hawthorne, he's got some great pass rush moves, and he's got a very strong push too, I just don't like how he seems to stop hustling once the QB gets flushed out of the pocket.

2 Minute Warning
01-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Don't quote me on this....*last I knew it was
North-23
South-13

http://www.seniorbowl.com/2005/