PDA

View Full Version : Get Bubba Franks

Astros05
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
He's a Fa and the Broncos could get him and save that First round pick for someone they need on DEFENSE!!!! :beer: :beer: :cheers:

Snk16
01-27-2005, 04:16 PM
How about not and say we did?

The Dark Knight
01-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Yo, Bubba Franks is a big mo fo but he's too damn slow, ya know!

Astros05
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
But he's a great blocker!! :eek:

JoRo
01-27-2005, 06:44 PM
too expensive

Sam_Z
01-27-2005, 09:30 PM
How about not and say we did?
How bout you get off the Putzier wagon and realize this is about a team, not one guy seeing playing time!

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Actually, I think this is the one FA signing that would make sense and I don't think Franks will break the bank.

He's a classic endzone threat, Putzier is a stretch the field threat. They would truly be a good 1-2 punch, and Franks is a great blocker.

If I was a GM, this is the one move I would make on the offensive side of the ball, besides cutting Neil and replacing with Carlisle. And that's it for offense besides the draft in which I would bring in an OG/C at a later pick.

I'd spend the rest of my efforts on defense.

bornbroncofan
01-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Bubba would be a horrible pick up. we have putz and hape plus bubba is so sloooooooow.

Snk16
01-28-2005, 03:03 PM
How bout you get off the Putzier wagon and realize this is about a team, not one guy seeing playing time!

I'm talking about the Cap Space. We only have like 1. something million left. We gotta cut some guys to get him.

NeedDLinemen
01-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm talking about the Cap Space. We only have like 1. something million left. We gotta cut some guys to get him.

Wouldn't worry too much about the cap space at present. This is the 1st time in years that Denver have actually been under the cap prior to restructuring contracts/releasing players. Bronco players will be queuing up to give Shanny room to go out and get the 2-3 players that will really improve a solid team. I realise that we have to look at re-signing some of our own first including Reggie, Ben and possibly Kenoy although personally I'd rather switch one of our corners to safety (Walls) in this pass orientated game nowadays. No1 priority is a quality D-Lineman be it Corey Simon or Abraham, getting the latter will most likely be too difficult but then again we may be lucky enough to see Michael Strachan released this year and from what I've heard previously he'd love to play in Denver. All I know is Shanny will be busy again this year!!

Astros05
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Strahan would be a good addition and were did you hear that he would like to play for Denver?

Sam_Z
01-29-2005, 01:03 PM
It was in the rumor forum for a while but no one could actually provide a link. Its a nice thought but as of right now its only hear say.

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Actually the Broncos have around 3 million in cap space, geez.

Astros05
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
:confused: Well, first Corey Simon will be franchised if he can't be resigned, the Eagles have said as much. So he's not going to happen.

Darren Howard actually should be available.

Abraham will likely be franchised.

However, our cap situation is very bad and here's why.

1) Over the last several years, we have continuously created back heavy contracts just like the Ravens and 49ers did. We can't do that any more or we will have to purge our entire team in two years. Our cap situation in the immediate future is very tough thanks to all those contracts we have done.

2) So, now that restructuring is out of the picture, you have cuts. Well, if you cut someone, their bonus and prorated salaries all hit you this year. We are 2 million under the cap, we can't handle big cuts.

3) The main problem with our cap situation is that we have literally a ton of FAs that we must sign. On top of that, we have RFA's that other teams may try and steal away from us such as Herndon and Walls. All a team has to do is frontload a contract and we won't be able to match it, this is what Arizona did to get Berry.

Hayward is going to command a 5 year, 25 million contract + signing bonus. That's basically all of our cap space there. But then, we have to find a way to pay Putzier, Hamilton, Carlisle for starters. Then we have to make decisions on re-signing Spragan, Kennedy, Coleman, Ellis Johnson (who we likely traded our 4th round draft pick for), etc...

My friend, if you think we have any money at all to chase after FAs, you are on crack. The only way we can, is if we let all these starters of ours walk. And then, we will have a ton of holes to fill, and we still couldnt sign a big name because of the sheer amount of players we would need to get.

I agree we will make some cap space, but then I believe we will spend it all locking up our own FAs for next season. The only way we are going to get better is to have a good draft. Period.
:confused:

JoRo
01-29-2005, 09:21 PM
:confused: Well, first Corey Simon will be franchised if he can't be resigned, the Eagles have said as much. So he's not going to happen.

Darren Howard actually should be available.

Abraham will likely be franchised.

However, our cap situation is very bad and here's why.

1) Over the last several years, we have continuously created back heavy contracts just like the Ravens and 49ers did. We can't do that any more or we will have to purge our entire team in two years. Our cap situation in the immediate future is very tough thanks to all those contracts we have done.

2) So, now that restructuring is out of the picture, you have cuts. Well, if you cut someone, their bonus and prorated salaries all hit you this year. We are 2 million under the cap, we can't handle big cuts.

3) The main problem with our cap situation is that we have literally a ton of FAs that we must sign. On top of that, we have RFA's that other teams may try and steal away from us such as Herndon and Walls. All a team has to do is frontload a contract and we won't be able to match it, this is what Arizona did to get Berry.

Hayward is going to command a 5 year, 25 million contract + signing bonus. That's basically all of our cap space there. But then, we have to find a way to pay Putzier, Hamilton, Carlisle for starters. Then we have to make decisions on re-signing Spragan, Kennedy, Coleman, Ellis Johnson (who we likely traded our 4th round draft pick for), etc...

My friend, if you think we have any money at all to chase after FAs, you are on crack. The only way we can, is if we let all these starters of ours walk. And then, we will have a ton of holes to fill, and we still couldnt sign a big name because of the sheer amount of players we would need to get.

I agree we will make some cap space, but then I believe we will spend it all locking up our own FAs for next season. The only way we are going to get better is to have a good draft. Period.
:confused:

This would be a good post if it werent coppied right outta the one from Mith........

Dont think ive ever seen anyone steal a post..........tahts weird

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 10:45 PM
This would be a good post if it werent coppied right outta the one from Mith........

Dont think ive ever seen anyone steal a post..........tahts weird

Hey!!! That's mine!