PDA

View Full Version : Antwone Randle El

BlueDevilsDB
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure if anything like this has been posted yet, sorry for making a new thread if it has.

I've seen lots of rumors about Randle El of the Steelers wanting to move on and play a bigger role somewhere else.

I think he could bring a huge spark to our offense and return team. He has developed into a very dangerous receiver, he can run the ball well, he can throw the ball, and he is a very good punt returner.

I really don't know anything personality-wise about him, but I think it could be wise to try to make a move for him. I'm not sure if he's a FA or if we would have to trade for him. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure if anything like this has been posted yet, sorry for making a new thread if it has.

I've seen lots of rumors about Randle El of the Steelers wanting to move on and play a bigger role somewhere else.

I think he could bring a huge spark to our offense and return team. He has developed into a very dangerous receiver, he can run the ball well, he can throw the ball, and he is a very good punt returner.

I really don't know anything personality-wise about him, but I think it could be wise to try to make a move for him. I'm not sure if he's a FA or if we would have to trade for him. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

Randle El is great, but there's one problem...

The Steelers are letting Plaxico Burress go so Randle El can be a starter. He's not going anywhere.

Sam_Z
01-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Randle El is great, but there's one problem...

The Steelers are letting Plaxico Burress go so Randle El can be a starter. He's not going anywhere.
Darn, you beat me to that one, but it was a nice thought Den 45

West
01-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Randle El is a good guy with a great sense of humor..believe me i met him at the senior bowl 3 years ago

Randle El can bring that slot danger we've been desperately looking for with how Indy uses Stokley and how the Chiefs SHOULD use Dante..he also can bring a return man to the team which we need...we've experimented with many many return people this year and if we can bring this guy in he will be the field position guy late in the forth quarter when we're trying to the when the game

just my .02

TXBRONC
01-28-2005, 11:51 AM

I don't think he has the kind of size that Shanahan prefers in his wide outs. He's what 5' 8" or so and about 170 lbs. Shanahan prefers recievers that around 6'0" and up and can get up to the 190lbs to 200lbs range.

The Dark Knight
01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't think he has the kind of size that Shanahan prefers in his wide outs. He's what 5' 8" or so and about 170 lbs. Shanahan prefers recievers that around 6'0" and up and can get up to the 190lbs to 200lbs range.

No, he's about 5'10, 190lbs. He's a playmaker and extrememly versitile. We'd be lucky to have him on our team but he's not going anywhere so I'd just forget it.

TXBRONC
01-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I stand corrected about his hieght and weight. But I also looked at his career stats and their solid for a number three receiver, but there is one stats would concern me. In three years he has fumbled the ball 14 times. 5 times in each of the last two seasons.

The Dark Knight
01-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I stand corrected about his hieght and weight. But I also looked at his career stats and their solid for a number three receiver, but there is one stats would concern me. In three years he has fumbled the ball 14 times. 5 times in each of the last two seasons.

Yeah, that's because he's tries to make too much happen and gets blindsided on returns and whatnot.

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Randle El is a good guy with a great sense of humor..believe me i met him at the senior bowl 3 years ago

just my .02
Well, he IS a jersey boy at heart...so what else do you expect?!?!

His team beat my high school team 30-3 in the first round of the playoffs...however, he ended up losing to chris simms' team in the final.

bornbroncofan
01-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I like hime a lot and if by some miracle we got him that would be awesome but no way the steelers will let him go.