PDA

View Full Version : Punt Returners

BlueDevilsDB
01-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I think with all the griping about Plummer and pointing fingers at coaches and coordinators, a big problem was rarely mentioned. Our lack of a return game. I think field position was a big factor in many of our loses. Take Cincy for an example, it seemed we started inside the 15 for almost every drive, resulting in an amazing 13 points. We also had terrible field position for much of the second game against Oakland, when our offense only put up 17 points against a crappy Raider's defense.

If you think about the high powered offenses, they all have good returners. KC has Dante Hall, Atlanta has Allen Rossum, Indy has Dominic Rhodes. A big part of the reason their offense is so potent is because they don't have to start nearly every drive inside their 20.

I think we need to draft someone who can return punts and kicks well. One very good prospect is Chad Owens of Hawaii. I think he is about 5' 9", very agile, and has tremendous speed. Does anyone else know of any good returners?

Shaolin
01-29-2005, 02:23 PM
True, Justin Miller is also a good KR/PR.
But i think our first round should be dan, shaun cody or erasmus.
i just hope luher elliss stay here.

urinal_cake
01-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Roscoe Parrish from Miami should still be available in the 3rd/4th round. He'll also be a very good slot WR IMO™

SethGrandpa
01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
The Broncos should just get Levander Segars from Montana. He was the best kick returner in 1-AA. I've watched him play live and the only player I can compare him to is Daunte Hall.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 06:13 PM
We could just sign Allen Rossum he is a FA, Lesuer can return too once he gets back from injury, and Charlie Adams was kickin some ass at the end of the year on PR and Cecil Sapp wasn't doin too bad on KR.

atruebroncosfan
02-02-2005, 10:26 AM
We could just sign Allen Rossum he is a FA, Lesuer can return too once he gets back from injury, and Charlie Adams was kickin some ass at the end of the year on PR and Cecil Sapp wasn't doin too bad on KR.

Is getting Rossum a possibility or a fantasy? I haven't seen Lesuer is he any good at returns? Cecil Sapp not good enough for KR.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
The rossum situation depends on how our front office plays it out. He is a Free Agent this season so it is more possible than us getting Mushin Muhammed (who someone mentioned) but I think it might come down to the front office deciding who they would rather have Walls/Herndon, Rosssum/Walls, Herndon/Rossum but I don't think we can sign all three and it depends on how much money other people think his returning skills are worth. But to answer your question it isn't a fantasy because he is a Free agent.

touchdown
02-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Should trade a 6th round pick to the Eagles for Dexter Wynn.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-07-2005, 07:07 PM
mr irrelevant 2004

KnightOLB53
02-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Another good PR/KR is Eddie Drummond from the Lions. He also places a WR which wouldn't be bad. He averages about 25 yards on KR. And does a lot better on Punt then any of are players and his longest Punt Return is 83 yards and has done it twice. Here is a link to know more about him but i dont know if he is a FA or if it would be worth any trades but just a suggestion.

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=27&season=6