PDA

View Full Version : David Pollack

Astros05
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Do yall think Pollack would be a good choice if he is available? :beer:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Yes, but I don't think he gets past Jacksonville at pick 21. The Jags' biggest need is DE, and the University of Georgia is only a few hours away.

This seems like a classic PR move to me. And he's as good a bet to be good as any of the other DEs. Spears and Roth are "hotter" currently, but with the geography and ticket sales factors, I don't think he gets past the Jags.

Astros05
01-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, but I don't think he gets past Jacksonville at pick 21. The Jags' biggest need is DE, and the University of Georgia is only a few hours away.

This seems like a classic PR move to me. And he's as good a bet to be good as any of the other DEs. Spears and Roth are "hotter" currently, but with the geography and ticket sales factors, I don't think he gets past the Jags.
Yea I beleive your right now that I think about it.

OrangeShadow
01-29-2005, 04:14 AM
to small i want someone bigger like travis johnson or justin tuck

DENVER BRONCO56
01-29-2005, 08:26 AM
i want cody and move pryce to DT and then we have;

DE=Hayward
DT=Pope,Johnson....(Hovan,simon)
DT=Pryce
DE=Cody

This would be our best DL.

*Pryce was best a DT, and if we had someone that could fill his spot a DE then it would work :beer:

Perry1977
01-29-2005, 12:20 PM

You're right...the Jags are desperately trying to sell tickets too. The game i went to last year was blacked out in Jax....

Sam_Z
01-29-2005, 12:58 PM
i want cody and move pryce to DT and then we have;

DE=Hayward
DT=Pope,Johnson....(Hovan,simon)
DT=Pryce
DE=Cody

This would be our best DL.

*Pryce was best a DT, and if we had someone that could fill his spot a DE then it would work :beer:
I agree Trevor was way better at DT than DE but he has made it clear that he doenst care for playing DT, so in that case Id rather pickup Hawthorn if hes available. But I like your idea, I just dont think that would happen but ya never know.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Also, a thought to think about in relation to Pryce playing DT....

DTs need to use leverage and strength to overpower and push the OG/OCs to collapse the pocket and rush by. Trevor just has a spinal injury that he's still recovering from, this directly affects his leverage and his strength. I don't think he will ever be able to play effectively at DT again.

It's still going to be interesting to see if he can be an effective DE again, his speed is going to become very important now, but he's not that fast in the first place.