PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Man, has it ever been a snoozefest.

Just some updates for those who may have missed it....

Cadillac Williams, the absolute most impressive player all week in practice, played one play and sat out the rest of the game claiming a back sprain. More likely, and this is speculation based on statements made by Gruden, Williams shut it down because the Bucs have already guaranteed him, barring injury, they will select him with the 5th pick. Gruden has praised him as a future pro superstar all week long. Gruden is coaching the South team if you didn't know. Williams looks to be more appealing then getting into a bidding war with the Raiders over Lamont Jordan.

Matt Roth has dominated all day long as expected. He's been held about every play, his jersey in tatters because of it, but he has been relentless and a real force. Kiper has him as the 3rd DE going in the top 20.

Marcus Spears was quoted by Mel Kiper as moving up the most of any defensive player in the draft from 25-35 range, to a most likely top 15 pick. He is the 2nd DE rated just behind Dan Cody.

Randy Mueller on ESPN chat online, stated he believes WR Mark Clayton is a top 10 pick now just behind Braylon Edwards. Clayton was the most electrifying offensive player behind Cadillac Williams all week as a consensus opinion. Interesting enough, Mueller will be the Seahawks' new GM, and with their WRs dropping every pass, and Clayton being the best hands in the draft, would certainly take Clayton if he slips past Baltimore at 22 to the Seahawks at 23.

The most dominating performance of any player in the actual Senior Bowl was by DE Bill Swancutt from Oregon State. He had 3-4 sacks and simply dominated the entire game and every lineman he faced. He's a mid-late 2nd round prospect, at least, before this game he was.

Khalif Barnes at OT was pretty dominating, particularly against Demarcus Ware early on. Projected 2nd round pick.

RB Darrion Sproles, all 5'5" of him, was very impressive with his speed and toughness. Projected 2nd-3rd round pick. Most impressive RB in this game that played.

RB Cedric Houston from Tennessee was pretty impressive with his power running and turned some heads most likely. 3rd-4th round projection.

TE Alex Smith looked good. 2nd round projection.

QBs Charlie Frye (3rd round projection) and Jason Campbell (early 2nd projection, late first) looked very very good. They should move up the boards based on their play. Orton played solid as well (2nd-3rd round projection).

The entire O-line for the South team was overmatched and dominated most of the game. It was bad.

PK mike Nugent was extremely impressive and solidified a spot in the 2nd round. He's got a Janikowski style leg.

Both Georgia WRs Brown and Gibson looked extremely good. And QB turned WR, Matt Jones from Arkansas, had a good game.

It's important to note though that the full week of practices are used to evaluate the players much more then the actual game. The game helps certainly, but it doesn't make or break a player like the practices and combine can.

The North team dominated the game for the most part and looked superior in large part due to the D-line dominating. Namely Roth and Swancutt.

wizkid31
01-29-2005, 05:20 PM
I wold like to see denver get spears, cody, pollack, or roth with their 1st pick. I would also like denver to take frye or orton in the 3rd round, they were both very inpressinve in the senor bowl!!!

GenerationTatum
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I've heard the Packers could go Frye in the first or second. WHat would you guys think about using a non-first rounder on David Greene? He seems like a winner and might be a nice backup/guy to groom

RunByDesign
01-29-2005, 07:32 PM
You know, we have a College Football forum now.................

2 Minute Warning
01-29-2005, 08:22 PM
You know, we have a College Football forum now.................
No problem, moved :cheers:

rcsodak
01-29-2005, 09:53 PM
The most dominating performance of any player in the actual Senior Bowl was by DE Bill Swancutt from Oregon State. He had 3-4 sacks and simply dominated the entire game and every lineman he faced. He's a mid-late 2nd round prospect, at least, before this game he was.

Hmmmmmm....I see where he was credited with one and a half sacks, of two....... :confused:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Hmmmmmm....I see where he was credited with one and a half sacks, of two....... :confused:

Watch the game then. Not sure who's doing the statistics, but that's an error.

Anyone who watched the entire game saw him get 3-4 sacks. It'll be replayed, look out for it. Watching him and Ross dominate the south's o-line was amusing.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
I hope we can get Swancutt in the 2nd, but we will probably have to move up, but he was a stud, and he looked good in thier bowl game too if I recall