PDA

View Full Version : If you were to be a new gm for a rebuildin team....

JoRo
01-29-2005, 09:00 PM
wut one would it be, an wut would u do.........

9ers- young d........no qb an bust rb.........
titans........ qb is prolly retiring...........cap issues every year
chiefs- old offense.........no defense
raiders- old..........period
browns- no qb really.......... defense needs a jump
dolphins- old defense........no offense cept recievers.........

I would pick dolphins, i mean, just get a decent qb in there that can avoid the pass rush, you got the wrs an a te to give you targets, an while my qb was runnin for his life in practice i would try an get some good ol to start, while lookin at some guys for defense......... for the future.........

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Out of those teams, the Raiders.

They are in good financial shape, and really just a dominant RB away from being contendors.

They have a young, talented O-line. They have some good pieces on defense. I would switch them back to a 4-3 to utilize Sapp a little better.

They have the money to sign Shaun Alexander or Lamont Gordon if they so choose, or if not, simply draft a stud at pick 7 in the draft.

They need help at LB, which is pretty easy to find in FA. The big issue is the secondary, which if they don't draft a RB, they will draft a CB. If they draft a RB, they will probably have chosen to sign a FA corner such as Ty Law or Fred Smoot.

I think the Raiders will be good next year and years to come provided they keep Porter and get a RB and CB.

JoRo
01-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I see...................but with al davis in charge your more limited it seems, thats why gruden wasnt very happy there.........was under davis' eye very closely the whole time

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
niners are screwed for a whil but you can work them to a good future, Draft Aaron Rodgers who is a good fit, possibly work to get Plaxico in FA and some veterans on thier defense, draft primarily offfense, in the draft (after QB, TE, O-line, WR) but if they can bear 1 or 2 more bad years they can build something really special, if they have good talent scouts and draft for best player for future instead of need for future they might be really good in a while but really they should focus on youth.