PDA

View Full Version : How far will mcpherson fall?

JoRo
01-29-2005, 09:37 PM
In the draft? honestly if we can get him 5th or later would be a nice pickup...........could be a goodbackup an maybe a successor someday once plummers contract expires or we tire of him........that is if adrian is mature..........plus if he aint a 5th round bust dont kill us too bad.........

edit: i also no we have a lot of needs, but it jus seems like this kid could be a big gem if we can get him late...........ur opinions?

BlueDevilsDB
01-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Adrian Mcpherson is a very interesting prospect. He has been tearing up the Arena league. He has a great arm and athletic ability. I believe he has all the physical tools to be a Vick-like quarterback.

The one question is can you trust him? He was suspended from the NCAA for gambling. I believe he was one of the best QB prospects for that years recruiment class. If Denver thinks they can trust him, and he is avaliable, draft him.

ttejuco
01-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Well Adrian McPherson (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/qb/adrianmcpherson.html) is definately an intriguing prospect. He has great physical aspects you want in a QB (6'4 210). Runs the 40 in 4.51. The word is that he used to bet on FSU games, and at times bet against his own team, so he was kicked off the team. He was also apparently involved in a check-theft where he had to go to court. <News Report> (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2003/04/04/fish_mcpherson/)
Other than his off the field stuff, his football ability and upside is off the scale. He claims to have matured and payed his dues, but one things for certain, his past will always loom over his career. Im sure alot of teams are interested in him and dont really care about the off the field junk.

JoRo
01-30-2005, 08:11 AM
I know wut happened to him................. i wanna no how far is is suspected to fall in the draft due to all of that

Milehigh117
01-30-2005, 05:17 PM
I still want my boy Charlie Frye, in case you missed it, he proved all the scouts wrong by winning the MVP of the Senior Bowl.

JoRo
01-30-2005, 05:24 PM
What would be the point in gettin a firs round qb tho? we dont need a firs rounder to come in an "save" us. i jus think if we got 'pherson we could keep him aorund for a good while as a backup an learn, an then when jake is gone due to retiring or leavin we have our qb ready to take over already an dont need to waste a high draft pick or nothin

ttejuco
01-30-2005, 05:32 PM
I still want my boy Charlie Frye, in case you missed it, he proved all the scouts wrong by winning the MVP of the Senior Bowl.

Dude, get off his jock, Green Bay will draft him.

JoRo
01-30-2005, 06:17 PM
we have still failed to even shed some sort of light on my question :( anyone have any guesses?

wizkid31
01-30-2005, 10:30 PM
personally, i would like to watch him perform in the arena league this year before jumping to any conclusions.

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 06:45 PM
OKAY! to answer your question he isn't going to fall very far proabably, he is an insane athlete and became very accurate in the AFL, he is still sort of under the radar because no one has seen him play, he will probably have a good combine and draft experts will go gaga over him no way he makes it past day one, personally i dont see him falling past rd. 2

RebelSyxx
02-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Yea, Mcpherson is one incredible athlete....Some say he has limitless potential and is more physically gifted than......dare I say it....Mike Vick. Vick may be the better scrambler but Mcpherson has alot better accuracy on his passes. Hes a steal to whoever gets him.

JoRo
02-03-2005, 01:13 PM
unless he busts out...........hes a boom or a bust player....if hes put into the pressure cooker to early an expected to win it all fast hes gonna go out wit a whimper....if he is brought up an then he gets a decent offense around him he could be great. I wouldnt mind us takin him if we can in 3rd-7th round, anytime in there, cuz we could let him be an learn while plummer learns an one day either plummer will get better or mcpherson will beat him out in camp an boom we got a good qb.

JRWIZ
02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Adrian Mcpherson is a very interesting prospect. He has been tearing up the Arena league. He has a great arm and athletic ability. I believe he has all the physical tools to be a Vick-like quarterback.

The one question is can you trust him? He was suspended from the NCAA for gambling. I believe he was one of the best QB prospects for that years recruiment class. If Denver thinks they can trust him, and he is avaliable, draft him.

When was the last time Mikey got invovled with someone with a character issue two years ago Gardner and then before that was carter and the clown receiver now in KC.

What was the result? He got burnt and lost abunch of money in cap issues as well as attorneies fees.

Just why do you think He'd want to take a flyer on some clown like this?

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Because Mcpherson has changed a lot, in all his recent interviews he says he has done a lot of maturing and plaing in the AFL around a bunch of older players (he was the youngest player on the field when he played) probably helped him mature.

He here is some information about him
http://www.firebirds.com/team/roster/bios/adrian_mcpherson.shtml

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/adrianMcPherson.cfm

Here is his latest interview i can find.
http://www.firebirds.com/site/article_435.shtml
it is more about the AFL and his experience but there are some maturity questions in there, and you can tell by his responses

But he has serious talent he beat out Rix for the starter when he one the job threw 12 TD's to 1 int in his brief 9 game career yadda yadda you can read more about him in those articles.

JRWIZ
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Because Mcpherson has changed a lot, in all his recent interviews he says he has done a lot of maturing and plaing in the AFL around a bunch of older players (he was the youngest player on the field when he played) probably helped him mature.

He here is some information about him
http://www.firebirds.com/team/roster/bios/adrian_mcpherson.shtml

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/adrianMcPherson.cfm

Here is his latest interview i can find.
http://www.firebirds.com/site/article_435.shtml
it is more about the AFL and his experience but there are some maturity questions in there, and you can tell by his responses

But he has serious talent he beat out Rix for the starter when he one the job threw 12 TD's to 1 int in his brief 9 game career yadda yadda you can read more about him in those articles.

Talk is cheap!
Carter got/had religion, Gardner liked pancakes, the retiring moron (eddie) in KC couldn't handle the pressure, greasy was a headcase lush, romo a juicer.

Mikey was burnt a bunch of times taking a flyer on reformed players. He has since shipped their a$$es out of town at the first hint of trouble. Surprised he did not trade Jake when he decided last moment not to get married.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-03-2005, 10:44 PM
did you just break up with your girlfriend or something, it seems this issue might go lot deep than Adriain McPherson.

The thing is College to me is a shifty place especially at big time schools, not everything is quite right and athletes might be viewed differently to the public which at young ages causes them to feel a certain way or whatever, basically what I am trying to say is the spotlight might have been too much too soon for A-Mac, but after what he has been through it seems like he really could have made the turnaround.

Milehigh117
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
did you just break up with your girlfriend or something, it seems this issue might go lot deep than Adriain McPherson.

The thing is College to me is a shifty place especially at big time schools, not everything is quite right and athletes might be viewed differently to the public which at young ages causes them to feel a certain way or whatever, basically what I am trying to say is the spotlight might have been too much too soon for A-Mac, but after what he has been through it seems like he really could have made the turnaround.

I agree with you 100%, especially at the football factories like FSU and Ohio State where priority one goes to football, and moral and legal responsibilities come second and when someone is found out to have broken a rule, the school steps back and points to the individual responsible and exiles them. The same thing happened to laveranues coles at FSU and Clarett at OSU.

dbdom
02-04-2005, 04:51 AM
an intriguing talent, but off the field issues always makes a guy falls, no matter how talented, and he seems like he can either be a huge success or a huge bust, but thats the lottery of the draft, in terms of physical tools, he probably will be way above anybody by the time he is drafted, but he just get put down cuz of his issues of the field, and scouts dont look at their interview alone because all of them with previous problems will tell them how they learnt from it, yet some still have a load of issues when they get drafted

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-04-2005, 08:04 PM
for the brief period he played in college he had some good numbers and like I said earlier, before he got in trouble he beat out rix for the job, so he really can't be that bad.

Plus with his basketball background I bet he would be a good TE, jk. Maybe WR though.

I think he is a lot safer than people give hime credit wise, at least on the field.
I also think his off the field probalems are behind him.

ttejuco
02-05-2005, 04:35 PM
His off field problems are definately behind him, the problem is it might bite him in the ass in the end, just like Jamal Lewis with that drug crap.

JRWIZ
02-05-2005, 05:59 PM
His off field problems are definately behind him, the problem is it might bite him in the ass in the end, just like Jamal Lewis with that drug crap.

Are you willing to take a chance on it investing Millions on it. Mikey has been bite in the butt more than once will not happen again.

ttejuco
02-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Mikey took a shot with Plummer despite what he did in Arizona. Is it paying off? I dont know. The Broncos sure take alot of risks with it's personel.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Jr are you saying Shanahan makes "Bad Character" people worse or what? I don't see why you are bringing Shanahan into it, maybe the orginaization but why the coach? What does one coach have that makes him better with these kind of people that Shanny doesn't?

JRWIZ
02-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Jr are you saying Shanahan makes "Bad Character" people worse or what? I don't see why you are bringing Shanahan into it, maybe the orginaization but why the coach? What does one coach have that makes him better with these kind of people that Shanny doesn't?

NO I'm saying that he has made some stupid FA decisions Carter, gardner kennison and a couple of other that had issues we knew about before they were brought in. Had a couple of draft choices also thoght they had straighten up, wound up gone pretty quickly.
I doubt he will do it again, way to many other foklks without KNOWN issuses to choice from.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-07-2005, 01:39 AM
NO I'm saying that he has made some stupid FA decisions Carter, gardner kennison and a couple of other that had issues we knew about before they were brought in. Had a couple of draft choices also thoght they had straighten up, wound up gone pretty quickly.
I doubt he will do it again, way to many other foklks without KNOWN issuses to choice from.

Good Points.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't know about his draft desicions on character, i wuold need some examples but... there is the thread in general discussions about character and Corey Dillion, everyone questioned his character and he turned out to be a workhhorse all he wanted to do was win.
Terrell Owens still has character issues but i think he still has a lot of good character doing everything in his power to play in the super bowl and play well, the only character thing I think is a problem is when a player puts himself in front of the team when he cares more about something else than winning games and playing football.
By my definitions Maurice Clarett is bad character all he cares about is making it to the NFL and making the big bucks, A-mac showed that he still loved the game and wanted to play and win when he went to the arena league. his past at FSU is shaky but the most recent opinion of him is he's a gamer all he wants to do is play football and win games. on top of that he's got skills too.