PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne or Cody for the 3-4 defense

Sam_Z
01-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Ok well Im sure most of you have seen the thread where the Broncos are looking into adopting the 3-4 defense. Well with that said who would be a better prospect in the first round? Shaun Cody is in the Trevor Pryce mold but with alot more speed and of get up go power? If we were to draft him, we should be set at DE assuming Pryce will play DT, but if Pryce isnt able to do so then we'd still be in the same predicament as we are in right now. (looking for a big tackle) Im not so sure that Eliss Johnson has what it takes to excel at DT in a 3-4 scheme. So with that said do we trade Reuben Droughns along with our first pick (as we did with deltha Oneal last year) and move higher up in the first round to get Hawthorne? Im sure we could go a lil higher with Droughns than we did with Oneal, anyway we'd have a powerful DT in the middle, perfect fit for the 3-4 scheme but what do we do at DE, assuming Pryce isnt able to play? Maybe we could package Droughns with some later round picks and try to squeeze out another first round pick but itd have to be really late in the first, or would that even be worth it assuming wed prolly end up with an underclass men at DT or DE anyway?

PRBronco
01-30-2005, 03:04 PM
For the 3-4, i'd defintiely like cody more as an end. Or spears even. I defintiely don't want pryce playing nose tackle, bring back booger kennedy! In the draft I think ron fields is really gonna be a good nose tackle.

ScottyB
01-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I think if we really are going to work towards a 3-4 defense we should draft Robert McCune in like round4

PRBronco
01-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, he would be a deadly run stopper in the middle eh?

TXBRONC
01-30-2005, 05:39 PM
I did read the article, but even if Denver does employ a 3-4 it still would not be their base defense.

Dream
01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Neither is a NT for the 3-4, but I'd take Cody any day over Hawthorne for his versatility.