View Full Version : DBFan4Lyfe: Bronco Mock V3.1

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Updated 1/31/05
Round 1: Shaun Merriman, OLB, Maryland
Round 2: Charlie Frye, QB, Akron
Round 4: Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado
Round 5: Marviel Underwood, S, Central Flordia
Round 6: Ronald Fields, DT, Mississippi St.
Round 7: Michael Roos, OT, Eastern Washington

The Dark Knight
01-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Why a LB in the first round?

Dub-DeuceKnight
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
and why only one DL you know that it is slim pickings in FA this year right?

Dream
01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Why a LB in the first round?

He's versatile enough to play DE in the NFL and he could make the transition with ease.

Updated 1/31/05
Round 1: Shaun Merriman, OLB, Maryland
Round 2: Charlie Frye, QB, Akron
Round 4: Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado
Round 5: Marviel Underwood, S, Central Flordia
Round 6: Ronald Fields, DT, Mississippi St.
Round 7: Michael Roos, OT, Eastern Washington

I don't mind the pick of Merriman in the first round, if neither of the true DE's that I'd like are there, I certainly wouldn't mind swapping up this guy, however I feel that he'll go to the team like the Cowboys or Saints. Definately an interesting choice right there.

I don't mind the pick of Frye in Round 2 either, it just seems logical and he'd be able to make a great impact on our team right away.

You're still high on Vincent Jackson, he's a huge receiver, is an interesting prospect but would need lots of work.

There will be a far better saftey in round five, there were barely any taken last year in the first 3-4 rounds. I still have a feeling James Butler is still there in the fifth round if not the late fourth where we could make a possible run for him. However I'm content with Brandon and Ferguson for now.

Ronald Fields blows, he doesn't have a motor at all. If we don't go Defensive Lineman on one of our two first picks, there is no sense in picking one at all.

Don't mind the Roos pick either.

Milehigh117
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
and why only one DL you know that it is slim pickings in FA this year right?

This draft is based off of the assumption that we are moving to a 3-4. Merriman will be unstoppable in a 3-4, as he is very similar to Willie McGinest, but insanely athletic. The Means selection is to fill the spot as a 3-4 NT, since there are very few others who fit the mold as a NT in this draft.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
This draft is based off of the assumption that we are moving to a 3-4. Merriman will be unstoppable in a 3-4, as he is very similar to Willie McGinest, but insanely athletic. The Means selection is to fill the spot as a 3-4 NT, since there are very few others who fit the mold as a NT in this draft.
^Yeah that

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Roos was very impressive senior bowl week apparently. 3rd round pick.

ttejuco
02-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Charlie Frye wont fall to the 2nd round, trust me. He greatly improved his draft stock during the Senior Bowl and will definately be the 3rd QB drafted behind Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Charlie Frye wont fall to the 2nd round, trust me. He greatly improved his draft stock during the Senior Bowl and will definately be the 3rd QB drafted behind Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith.

As impressive as Frye was, he still has major arm strength questions, AND you're forgetting that Campbell was even more impressive in that game and during the practices all week long. HE'S the 3rd QB off the board in the early 2nd.

Frye will be LUCKY if he's taken in the late 2nd, he's a 3rd round pick with myriad issues, but he did establish himself as the next QB behind Campbell.