PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk nose tackles

PRBronco
01-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, what are our options?

Draft:
Mike Patterson: Might be a little small
Ron Fields: I've heard nothing but good stuff about him.
Albert Means, Anthony Bryant: Very fat, but they sound extremely unimpressive.
Sione Pouaha: Sounds really strong, 330 lbs, could be a good mid round pick up.
Matt Faga: I don't even know if he's declared for the draft, but he's 6'2", 380 lbs. Sounds like a nose tackle to me.

Free Agents:
Booger Kennedy: Wooo! Sorry, i really want to see this guy play.
Jason Ferguson: Would be a solid pick up, but the jets will probably resign him.
Marcus Bell: Backed up big daddy wilkinson and shaun rogers in detroit this year, put up better numbers than our starters.

Trade:
This idea was brought up at orangemane, trading rueben to the niners for isaac sopoaga. Obviously they'd have to spice it up a little for us, but i wanted us to draft sopoaga last year, that'd be sweet if we could pick him up.

Feel free to add comments, and suggest some other players.

PRBronco
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about seth payne, he seems pretty good, killed us this year didn't he?

db32
01-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Albert Means, Anthony Bryant: Very fat, but they sound extremely unimpressive.

Anthony Bryant isn't fat. He's enormous, but not fat. He's thick, has good bulk and the strength that bulk suggests, but he's an athlete. He's not some rotund piece of flesh. I'd be awfully pleased if he ended up in Denver.

PRBronco
01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry bud, I was generalizing, I know, he's enormous, and i shouldn't have gone so far as to call him straight up fat. Warren sapp is fat, anthony bryant just struck me as very weak for his size, I was disappointed with what i saw from him.

db32
01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry bud, I was generalizing, I know, he's enormous, and i shouldn't have gone so far as to call him straight up fat. Warren sapp is fat, anthony bryant just struck me as very weak for his size, I was disappointed with what i saw from him.

I know what you mean. He can be passive. There's some lack of movement at times. Almost like he doesn't compete-which is probably what you saw. It's when the plays away from him and he decides he's gonna' do something about it is when he shows off that athleticism he has. He had a team mate leave last year who played the same position. That's when I saw him. He was far more impressive, athletically anyway, than his more highly regarded counterpart. They two gap in Alabama, play a lot of indicators; read-and-react so to speak. That may have something to do with it.