PDA

View Full Version : Feature Suggestion

theMileHighGuy
02-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Another forum I frequent:

http://www.helponthe.net

Uses the same forum style or whatever, but they have a kool feature called "Quick Reply" that I use all the time.

It's like a small java window or something that opens below the post(There's another button for it beside the normal Reply), and you can type in it and reply without changing pages. You don't get all the text editing options, but I don't think a lot of people really use them all the time.

Just a thought

-MHG

Alastor
02-03-2005, 07:46 AM
It tends to kill dial-ups. Especially when coupled with preposterously huge sigs and sig pics, especially if the sigs have multiple color codes in them.

It's just... more stuff that the dial up guy has to wait for while it loads when this board seems to already push the limit of what some can do with relatively high connection rates.

theMileHighGuy
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Ok, I didn't think about that. I have dial-up, and I use it fine on those boards... but then again those boards have the iMG code turned off.

Alastor
02-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the image code saves dial-ups. I mean it's not really my business, just thought I'd mention it. That's why a lot of these boards have such tight sig restrictions and such to begin with.

::shrug::

DeuceOfClub
02-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Limit signature size!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ███

broncos_mgr
02-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Signatures are an important part of the personality of the Boards. I know we struggle from time to time with people having sigs that are too big, too many images, etc. but I don't want to inhibit members' ability to customize their experience here unnecessarily.

Snk16
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Signatures are an important part of the personality of the Boards. I know we struggle from time to time with people having sigs that are too big, too many images, etc. but I don't want to inhibit members' ability to customize their experience here unnecessarily.

That's what a warning PM is for.