PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Runningback steal in this Draft

RebelSyxx
02-03-2005, 12:41 AM
I have a feeling this draft, that with a 5th or 6th rounder we will take another running back. I believe it should be Marion Barber III....his stats are pretty impressive and it seems he has more positives than negatives when compared to cedric benson. He's only a junior and probably staying for another year in Minnesota would have made him a first rounder...check his bio

Height: 5'11 (Good Size)
Weight 215
40 time 4.48

Strengths: Runs Hard....Explodes through the hole...Great Vision..Good Size..Strong Runner..Shows Some Shiftiness...Has Good hands as a receiver....Great Goal Line back...Very productive....Also a good return man

Weaknesses: Needs to show more patience to let his blocks develop....Has a tendency to run tall....Some Injuries back in 2002....

Notes: Father played for NFl Jets

I think this guy is a perfect fit for Denver....Good Speed, Can catch out of the back field and runs with power and is the one cut and go kind of guy...I think we will Draft Barber on day 2 if he is still available.

Dream
02-03-2005, 06:12 AM
I have a feeling this draft, that with a 5th or 6th rounder we will take another running back. I believe it should be Marion Barber III....his stats are pretty impressive and it seems he has more positives than negatives when compared to cedric benson. He's only a junior and probably staying for another year in Minnesota would have made him a first rounder...check his bio

Height: 5'11 (Good Size)
Weight 215
40 time 4.48

Strengths: Runs Hard....Explodes through the hole...Great Vision..Good Size..Strong Runner..Shows Some Shiftiness...Has Good hands as a receiver....Great Goal Line back...Very productive....Also a good return man

Weaknesses: Needs to show more patience to let his blocks develop....Has a tendency to run tall....Some Injuries back in 2002....

Notes: Father played for NFl Jets

I think this guy is a perfect fit for Denver....Good Speed, Can catch out of the back field and runs with power and is the one cut and go kind of guy...I think we will Draft Barber on day 2 if he is still available.

Amen dude, I have us swapping up up with either our third our fourth rounder.

Barber is a great all-around back; if he were to have stayed in Minneapolis for one more year, there is absolutely no doubt that he'd be a first rounder. I don't think he goes into the fourth or fifth rounds. This running back class is decent, however I have him as the 9th ranked back in this draft. I believe he has some of the highest upside out of anyone in the draft at this position.

I hope we can get him, but it might be hard because I bet he has an awesome combine.

JoRo
02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Amen dude, I have us swapping up up with either our third our fourth rounder.

Barber is a great all-around back; if he were to have stayed in Minneapolis for one more year, there is absolutely no doubt that he'd be a first rounder. I don't think he goes into the fourth or fifth rounds. This running back class is decent, however I have him as the 9th ranked back in this draft. I believe he has some of the highest upside out of anyone in the draft at this position.

I hope we can get him, but it might be hard because I bet he has an awesome combine.

The ignorance i have seen on this board..........it happened way back in the beginnin of the season an still a lot of ppl dont no this: WE LOST OUR THIRD ROUNDER DUE TO CAP SCANDAL BACK IN 98!!!!!! holy crap i hope this gets stickied cuz its startin to bug me, we have no third rounder an prolly not a fourth cuz of ellis johnson.............

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-03-2005, 01:33 PM
The ignorance i have seen on this board..........it happened way back in the beginnin of the season an still a lot of ppl dont no this: WE LOST OUR THIRD ROUNDER DUE TO CAP SCANDAL BACK IN 98!!!!!! holy crap i hope this gets stickied cuz its startin to bug me, we have no third rounder an prolly not a fourth cuz of ellis johnson.............

I'm sure he assuming we get 3rd round compensation for Berry or Gold. I think 4th round is more likely, but I'm sure that's where his 3rd round pick is originating from.

Dream
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM

Don't call me ignorant, I'm fully aware of our situation and I'm guessing we'll be able to pump a third rounder in with our compensation or atleast trade Droughns for one. Get off my case, if you actually have something enlightening to add to football in general post it; instead of hounding me for giving my knowledge.

I happen to say I believe he won't go in rounds four of five, but that doesn't mean I am not aware of our situation.

Christ almighty.

If anything, it's wishful thinking.

I'm sure he assuming we get 3rd round compensation for Berry or Gold. I think 4th round is more likely, but I'm sure that's where his 3rd round pick is originating from.

Yeah, exactly dude.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I think one of the bigger sleepers in this draft at RB is J.J. Arrington his numbers this year were very impressive, look at his gamelog http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=144980
his average per carry, total yards per game, carries per game, now I know that the PAC-10 isn't very good at stopping the run but those numbers can't be overlooked.

Dream
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Definately, those are the two backs I'm hoping us to snag up in this draft.

dbdom
02-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I think one of the bigger sleepers in this draft at RB is J.J. Arrington his numbers this year were very impressive, look at his gamelog http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=144980
his average per carry, total yards per game, carries per game, now I know that the PAC-10 isn't very good at stopping the run but those numbers can't be overlooked.

JJ arington is projected as a 2nd rounder, and some teams are pretty high on him
marion barber i think is also projected for the 2nd-3rd round, but these will probably change after the combine

one thing for sure tho, i hope we dont draft sproles, we've already got one undersized back here, dont need another :goofy:

ttejuco
02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Haha i was just gonna say, id wouldnt be surprised if the Broncos drafted Sproles. He's actually SHORTER than Griffin, at a very very small 5'5. He's pretty fast though.