PDA

View Full Version : Poor Romanowski.....

GIVEME6
02-03-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050202/NEWS/502020350/1015/SPORTS0402

Even though he wasn't exactly the "cleanest" of players, I still admired the passion and intensity he brought to the field on D. Like other players before him, seems like being a Raider is the worst thing that happened to him.

urinal_cake
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I admired him in his time here, but I have no sympathy for him in this case™

DDP32
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I admired him in his time here, but I have no sympathy for him in this case™

Actually I think that he is getting screwed from both ends on this one. The Raiders should be paying the costs as it was int he course of their emplyment that this occured. Typical of the Raiders for turing their back on a player.

As well The ambulance chasing layers for Williams are trying to make this sound like this injury was a life altering event. First off the guy wasn't going to make the team. Second, traumatic brain injury ..... I doubt that this guy is walking around drooling on himself. I bet his medical report say that he recovered will no serious side effects.

Third the NFL better watch this carefully and provide some help to Romo because how many times in camps to you see guys going at it? It happens several times in every camp. Next thing you know all these boarder line players who got into fights in camp will hire these low life lawyers to file suit on how the fight hurt them and their chances at making a team and sue the team player invovled and the NFL for millions.

JWinn
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
I do! He was a great player here!

For all his downs off the field, he sure brought a lot of ups ON the field. I always said I'd rather have him with me than against me.

Yeah DDP, he's getting screwed, but he screwed himself also over the years. It's all a wash now..........

But he had his days. (most of them HERE :D )

PatrickdaDookie
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
When we won Super Bowl 32, I remember seeing him on TV as he said "I got so sick of telling them how good they were, I wanted to throw up." That alone is reason enough to miss him.

Jared
02-03-2005, 02:41 PM
He's a classless idiot who is finding ou tthe real world isn't very nice to bullies.

But I think the Raiders f'ed up by not paying either of their medical expenses. It was during a practice while both where under contract, and I can see a jury saying "Yes, that was during the course of employment". It may not be an often occurance, but it wasn't like it was after practice in the parking lot.

I guess sit all depends on how many fans on the jury are 49ers fans! :goofy:

urinal_cake
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Actually I think that he is getting screwed from both ends on this one. The Raiders should be paying the costs as it was int he course of their emplyment that this occured. Typical of the Raiders for turing their back on a player.

As well The ambulance chasing layers for Williams are trying to make this sound like this injury was a life altering event. First off the guy wasn't going to make the team. Second, traumatic brain injury ..... I doubt that this guy is walking around drooling on himself. I bet his medical report say that he recovered will no serious side effects.

Third the NFL better watch this carefully and provide some help to Romo because how many times in camps to you see guys going at it? It happens several times in every camp. Next thing you know all these boarder line players who got into fights in camp will hire these low life lawyers to file suit on how the fight hurt them and their chances at making a team and sue the team player invovled and the NFL for millions.

I don't doubt this could spawn more lawsuits, but players need to control themselves & not get themselves into the same situation Romo's in. After all they're supposed to be professionals™

DDP32
02-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't doubt this could spawn more lawsuits, but players need to control themselves & not get themselves into the same situation Romo's in. After all they're supposed to be professionals™

I know that they "should" control themselves but in training camp they fight all the time. In this case I mean Romo tore his helmet off and threw a punch at the same time. Had he not got the helmet off he may very well have broke his hand and this would have been chalked up to just another training camp fight like we've all seen hundreds of times.

I'm not praising Romo by any stretch as the guy was a loose cannon but he was hard nosed and prety much won where ever he was. But in this case the Raiders screwed this whole situation up by turning their back on both guys. Typical of the Raider organization. And then the lawyer who's making this borderline TE seem like the next Shannon Sharpe. (sorry but I have a real hate on for ambulance chasers)

The faster this goes away for Romo and the NFL the better off they will be. And if Romo has to take on Al Davis and the Raiders more power to him.