PDA

View Full Version : mods and points

rcsodak
02-04-2005, 03:48 PM
did all the mods start out with more points than the rest of us?
It seems wierd that only they've all moved to the next level........

Chaji
02-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I thought that they were all maxed out. Which would take a LONG time.

Alastor
02-05-2005, 07:19 AM
This was addressed in this (http://216.58.161.130/forums/showthread.php?t=26174) thread.

Yes, they started at higher points than everyone else. They're immune to the system anyway for the most part. They cannot get promoted or demoted like the rest of us because... well because mods aren't normal posters, so the rules for them are and should be different.

For many reasons, some of which would spoil surprises for you all, they were set at a different starting point than the rest of us. They are not remotely "maxed out". They have what they need to do certain things, and not really too much more. There's some cushion there of course, but not too terribly much.

If Broncos Manager wants to get specific then he can tell you more.

But like I said, they're mostly immune to the system. They don't get promoted or demoted the way normal users can be, and they don't lose the ability to mod anything as a result of the system. They really just sort of exist on a different plane than the rest of us normal folk - and rightly so I suspect. There are however, one or two things that it made it easier for us to set up if we set their levels to what they currently are.

I think the only reason they're even showing their status at all is so you guys understand there are other levels to the system, and we're not condemned to "Practice Squad" forever.

I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

Does that answer you?

rcsodak
02-06-2005, 11:33 PM
This was addressed in this (http://216.58.161.130/forums/showthread.php?t=26174) thread.

Yes, they started at higher points than everyone else. They're immune to the system anyway for the most part. They cannot get promoted or demoted like the rest of us because... well because mods aren't normal posters, so the rules for them are and should be different.

For many reasons, some of which would spoil surprises for you all, they were set at a different starting point than the rest of us. They are not remotely "maxed out". They have what they need to do certain things, and not really too much more. There's some cushion there of course, but not too terribly much.

If Broncos Manager wants to get specific then he can tell you more.

But like I said, they're mostly immune to the system. They don't get promoted or demoted the way normal users can be, and they don't lose the ability to mod anything as a result of the system. They really just sort of exist on a different plane than the rest of us normal folk - and rightly so I suspect. There are however, one or two things that it made it easier for us to set up if we set their levels to what they currently are.

I think the only reason they're even showing their status at all is so you guys understand there are other levels to the system, and we're not condemned to "Practice Squad" forever.

I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

Does that answer you?

I believe that to be the FIRST 'unscathing' reply from you!

I think I'll save it.......

Alastor
02-07-2005, 10:16 AM
This is the first post you've made that didn't deserve to be shreded, so I figure we're even rc.

AZ Snake Fan
02-07-2005, 06:48 PM
This is the first post you've made that didn't deserve to be shreded, so I figure we're even rc. --- rc has made many contributions to this website and has made countless informative, intellectual, and interesting posts !

Alastor
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
That's a fine rant indeed.

What's it about now?

The Dark Knight
02-10-2005, 03:22 PM

What's it about now?

I can't take anyone that has "gangsta" as their user title seriously.
:coffee:

Awaiting the predictable retort....

Snk16
02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
One thing I can notice, points or no point, is that some of you boys and girls take this posting thing very seriously..............no problem with that, but since I am a newbie I can look on the situation in a different manner, get off your high horse about who is this and who is that-IMAO the forum is meant to be fun, informative and sometimes a little confrontational as long as RESPECT is used by all parties....and to give you a further insight- I don't give an RA who you think you are or how long you have been doing anything-we ALL have the right to express our opinions, or lack of them as long as it's within the lines..AND what does it matter what age the poster is...........get off the age thing...If you don't like the posts or chats because of the age of a person-ignore it- or express yourself in a manner that shows the person RESPECT. :coffee: Oh yeah, I get four horse manes for this opinion............or perhaps i have the wrong end of the Bronco????????? :confused:

It's hard to respect a "Noobie Gansta"

Snk16
02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
One thing I can notice, points or no point, is that some of you boys and girls take this posting thing very seriously..............no problem with that, but since I am a newbie I can look on the situation in a different manner, get off your high horse about who is this and who is that-IMAO the forum is meant to be fun, informative and sometimes a little confrontational as long as RESPECT is used by all parties....and to give you a further insight- I don't give an RA who you think you are or how long you have been doing anything-we ALL have the right to express our opinions, or lack of them as long as it's within the lines..AND what does it matter what age the poster is...........get off the age thing...If you don't like the posts or chats because of the age of a person-ignore it- or express yourself in a manner that shows the person RESPECT. :coffee: Oh yeah, I get four horse manes for this opinion............or perhaps i have the wrong end of the Bronco????????? :confused:

Also, you do not know the full story about things. Do you know if they hate each other or are joshing each other. Please, before you go on and on about this "respect" thing, learn the whole story.

JWinn
02-10-2005, 05:19 PM

What's it about now?

I have to admit I dont get this either........ :confused:

Alastor
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah... I'm still lost.

And content to stay that way. I retract my request for clarity.

JWinn
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
:laugh: Yeah, me too! :laugh: