PDA

View Full Version : Is Marcus Jasmin in the draft this year?

PRBronco
02-05-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure he's a senior, but i can't find any mention of him on the draft websites. Did he get an extra year of eligibility? Or is he just ranked too low to mention?

JoRo
02-05-2005, 07:51 PM
who is this fellow?

TXBRONC
02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Same here, I've never heard of the guy.

PRBronco
02-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh, just a DT from texas a&m, pretty big guy, 6'5" 315. One of those stereotypical big guys that never lived up to his potential, thought he might be worth our time to pick up in the 6th or the 7th for another big body, he mostly played nose guard, but now i can't find out if he even is entering the draft.

db32
02-08-2005, 04:35 AM
How in the world do you know about that guy??
Seriously.
I'm curious.
The timing's to close to just be a coincidence. I just did him and his team mate Mike Montgomery.
Really?? How do you know about these guys?? The only way I come across them is putting in the time. Never heard of them until I checked the tape. I number the tapes (1 - how many ever I'm up to by now), check the net to see who's on the roster and see who's eligible and pray they didn't update the site too quickly.
That said - how did know who he was??
Whatever your tricks are maybe I'll try 'em out and see if I can shave some time off this stuff.

PRBronco
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Hahaha, don't worry db, i think it's just a coincidence. I've just been looking at DT prospects all year cuz i figured it's what we needed most. I can't remember where i saw his name, i think it was at www.footballsfuture.com before the season began, it looks like he fell down the rankings as the season went on, cuz i can't find his name anywhere now. So, what do you think of him?

urinal_cake
02-08-2005, 04:54 PM
looks like they have him projected as a 7th rounder at best here..

http://www.draftshowcase.com/05DefensiveTackles.htm

db32
02-10-2005, 01:55 AM
I can't remember where i saw his name, i think it was at www.footballsfuture.com before the season began, it looks like he fell down the rankings as the season went on, cuz i can't find his name anywhere now. So, what do you think of him?

You first. Just kidding. Ya, I couldn't find him anywehere either. Probably, because he wasn't "statistically" productive he's not given the consideration he's due. I've seen lesser athletes rated ahead of him. Those draft gurus put too much emphasis on that. They'll knock a guy like Carlos Rogers, who until recently wasn't taken seriously as a prospect because he wasn't statistically productive. The only difference; this year he had more opportunities to make some of the plays he made this year. That's why I put such a premium on it. That said-here goes everything. Marcus Jamin;
Ideal build. Well developed physique, broad shouldered and thick hipped. Quality first step and anticipation of the snap and plays heavy behind his pads. When he gets tall he doesn't play with much strength at all. Needs to learn to use his hands more. Comes out of his stance quickly and with some violence. Comes out of his stance to high and and struggles to redirect when engaged. Has ability to improve here if he can learn to keep his hips down-really struggled with that in the film I've seen of him. If he works on his play posture he'll improve his C.O.D. ability. Athlete-has physical ability, but needs position work-play posture and hand use need significant improvement. Needs to do a better job of dictating to the blocker (initiating contact) and seems to have the temperment to do so. If he can improve on just the fundamentals of playing his position he'll be a starter-maybe even a good one at that, but right now he may not be good enough at his position to earn a roster spot. He only wins with his initial move, but if he learns to use his hands and improves his posture he'll be a tough block.