PDA

View Full Version : Not gonna get a high draft pick for Droughns.

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-06-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2695053,00.html

Droughns is wack, if Portis runs for 1,500 yards 2 years in a row and the next season isn't very effective, how do people this that we'll get a 2nd or 3rd for a guy that doesn't even run for 1,300?

It's the system, and people are now catching on.

Don't expect anything higher than a 4th for him.

ttejuco
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Possibly a 3rd rounder could be aquired.

Sam_Z
02-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Droughns is wack, if Portis runs for 1,500 yards 2 years in a row and the next season isn't very effective, how do people this that we'll get a 2nd or 3rd for a guy that doesn't even run for 1,300?

Portis still rushed for 1300 yards, that should speak for itself. Everyone knows you can plug any running back in here in Denver and they'll gain a couple hundred yards more than in anywhere else. Im surprised these guys arent lining up to come play here if its so much of the system!

EddyMac87
02-06-2005, 04:00 PM
but remember droughns only started like 10-11 games...and still got 1,200 yards...which is more then impressing...and watching him, he's not just a system back like olandis gary was, i can see droughns having a very succesful carrer with another team...i think he is worth a 3rd rounder...

JoRo
02-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I hope we can find a place for him to trade too, we need a nuther 1st day pick if we can, or a early 2nd.......... plus i want rd to be a starter sumwhere, hopefully nfc north or sumthin since im stuck watchin them all year (MI sucks for football :( ) then at least i have sumthin to look forward too, maybe bears if they get rid of anthony thomas? :P

edit: im not sayin i think they will, but that would be cool............so dont flame bout that

Jarious17
02-06-2005, 08:31 PM

If he's traded, chances are we'll get a conditional 2006 draft pick for him (probably anywhere from a 3rd to 5th rounder depending on his production.)

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-06-2005, 08:43 PM
first off whack has a h in it
second Droughns isn't
you can't compare the two RB's (CP and RD) they are polar oppisites, there is a lot of opinions on this in other threads you should take a look
But I do agree his draft value isn't sensational I think and hope we use him to move up in the first or second but i really don't think we would trade for a conditional pick in the next draft, that isn't very smart, say he gets hurt or something, we get screwed.

mikemustgo
02-07-2005, 06:56 AM
well though its easy to say its the system I give you this...outside of KC game, denver could not run the friggin ball until they turned to RD. denver then tried every rb we had until mike was ready to give up and let RD have a shot.

I dont think just any rb can have a good year under the denver system, but i do think if you are a tough inside runner and will follow what denver does you can be better than ever have been..

RD is a strong inside runner with no extra gear, he will run you over and give you consistant yards every game and do it with a great team first attitude.

Mike will get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him or he wont trade him..bottom line RD is under contract for the next 3 years...mike is not stupid he wont give RD away

if denver cant get a 2nd or 3rd for him it wont help them anyway so no need to do it.

just my take on this issue

JRWIZ
02-07-2005, 01:32 PM
well though its easy to say its the system I give you this...outside of KC game, denver could not run the friggin ball until they turned to RD. denver then tried every rb we had until mike was ready to give up and let RD have a shot.

I dont think just any rb can have a good year under the denver system, but i do think if you are a tough inside runner and will follow what denver does you can be better than ever have been..

RD is a strong inside runner with no extra gear, he will run you over and give you consistant yards every game and do it with a great team first attitude.

Mike will get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him or he wont trade him..bottom line RD is under contract for the next 3 years...mike is not stupid he wont give RD away

if denver cant get a 2nd or 3rd for him it wont help them anyway so no need to do it.

just my take on this issue

NO one could run the ball against JAX, TPA, or SAN. Everyone that was active was tried those games.

JAX
ATT YDS TD LG
Q. Griffin 25 66 0 9
J. Plummer 6 24 0 9
T. Bell 4 16 0 7

SAN
ATT YDS TD LG
G. Hearst 3 13 0 11
R. Droughns 2 10 0 9
Q. Griffin 12 7 0 6
A. Lelie 2 6 0 8
J. Plummer 2 1 0 1
T. Nalen 1 -4 0 0

TPA
ATT YDS TD LG
Q. Griffin 21 66 0 12
R. Droughns 8 20 0 8
J. Plummer 5 18 0 7
D. Watts 1 7 0 7

CAR
ATT YDS TD LG
R. Droughns 30 193 0 32
J. Plummer 4 8 0 8
T. Bell 2 5 0 4
D. Watts 1 4 0 4

Only after a major change play calling, running out of a spread formation, bigger blocking backs and after the O-line got to know each other better, did we start to run well. Against a powder puff CAR did we gained our confidence back.

Dream
02-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Does this really surprise any of you?

Product of the System.

If Denver thinks they'll get a 1st or 2nd out of him, they're on crack.

If they get it done, good for them.

He's a third rounder now at best.

OrangeShadow
02-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Thing is fans arent the only ones who put to much stock in a season that a back has. Teams do to