PDA

View Full Version : Mike McMahon

Comrade
02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Anyone else think it might be a good idea to try and make a run at Mike McMahon in the FA this year?..a decent backup to be sure, I dont think Kanell can cut it.

OhNoKoolAid
02-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Anyone else think it might be a good idea to try and make a run at Mike McMahon in the FA this year?..a decent backup to be sure, I dont think Kanell can cut it.

I was thinking that same thing earlier. He has a lot of Plummer's characteristics, which is either good or bad depending on your opinion of Jake, but what I mean by that is that you can plug him into the lineup without changing the game plan, something you can't do with Kanell.

By the way, Kanell was atrocious two years ago, unarguably the worst quarterback to start a game that year.

Comrade
02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Was that the year we lost Beurlein in Minnesota? I remember that game, they replayed Buerlein getting his finger bent in a direction a normal, functioning finger isnt supposed to go.

But yeah, if thats what you're talking about I remember Kanell coming in...I think we won like one out of four or five games until Jake returned, I was never so happy to have Plummer taking snaps again.

OhNoKoolAid
02-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Was that the year we lost Beurlein in Minnesota? I remember that game, they replayed Buerlein getting his finger bent in a direction a normal, functioning finger isnt supposed to go.

But yeah, if thats what you're talking about I remember Kanell coming in...I think we won like one out of four or five games until Jake returned, I was never so happy to have Plummer taking snaps again.

Yeah that was the year, that was also the time that showed me that Portis didn't make the offense Plummer did. Now I see that the two together made Denver click that year. Hopefully, Bell can pick up the slack on the explosive gamebreaking side that we lost with Portis gone.

rcsodak
02-08-2005, 09:38 PM
It's doesn't make any sense to bash Kanell. He wasn't in camp to learn the playbook. Was cut. Called back after Jake went down. Then got to play his first game with the flu!
He looked really good this past preseason.
I wouldn't be worried at all if he had to go in for Jake.
In fact, in a couple of games this past season, I was hoping Shanny would pull Jake and put Kanell in.
You don't just a miss an entire season and learn a playbook in a matter of weeks and be ready to play.
Give him a break!

Milehigh117
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
being from jersey, all I can say is that Mike Mcmahon played for rutgers, which can never bode well for the career of an NFL player.

dbdom
02-09-2005, 06:37 AM
danny kannell is actually ok
even though he played pretty bad, it was under bad circumstances, he's a decent backup who doesnt cost very much and can do a job
mike mcmahon is likely to command a larger than usual paycheck for a backup and why pay someone more when they'll warm the pine

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-09-2005, 06:40 AM
being from jersey, all I can say is that Mike Mcmahon played for rutgers, which can never bode well for the career of an NFL player.
Yes...as a Rutgers graduate, I concur.

Also, being from new jersey, I know that in the past Danny Kanell has been good enough to lead his team to a division title...has plummer done that? :confused:

Comrade
02-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes...as a Rutgers graduate, I concur.

Also, being from new jersey, I know that in the past Danny Kanell has been good enough to lead his team to a division title...has plummer done that? :confused:

...Has Kanell ever led any Professional team to consecutive 10-6 seasons? :confused:

ttejuco
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Broncos Website:
1997: Kanell entered the season as the Giants’ backup quarterback and holder on placekicks but was worked into the starting lineup where he finished the season with a 7-2-1 record and led the team to the NFC East title. On the year, he completed 156-of-294 passes (53.1%) for 1,740 yards, 11 touchdowns and nine interceptions for a 70.7 passer rating.

So he did lead a team to the playoffs...

urinal_cake
02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
What about Kordell Stewart? He would make a good backup. He always seems to be hot off the bench & his athleticism fits w/ the system.™

JRWIZ
02-12-2005, 10:53 AM
What about Kordell Stewart? He would make a good backup. He always seems to be hot off the bench & his athleticism fits w/ the system.™

He is and has been a medicore player at best since Colorado. A great athlete but not a QB..

TXBRONC
02-12-2005, 11:39 AM

So what makes you think Kanell can't cut it? He's already knows the system, McMahon would have to learn it.

TXBRONC
02-12-2005, 11:44 AM
I was thinking that same thing earlier. He has a lot of Plummer's characteristics, which is either good or bad depending on your opinion of Jake, but what I mean by that is that you can plug him into the lineup without changing the game plan, something you can't do with Kanell.

By the way, Kanell was atrocious two years ago, unarguably the worst quarterback to start a game that year.

Two years ago he was thrown in as a starter without the benefit of a full offseason to get even remotely familiar with a complex offense. Put McMahon in similar circumstances and I bet you get a similar result.

TXBRONC
02-12-2005, 11:45 AM
...Has Kanell ever led any Professional team to consecutive 10-6 seasons? :confused:

Better question has McMahon ever led a team to even a winning record? Answer: no. Kanell has at the very least led team to a division title.

DPg2003
02-12-2005, 12:56 PM
For all those people who think the Broncos should sign Mike McMahon read this http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/lions12e_20050212.htm. The Lions say that he is not even competition for Joey Harrington.