• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatrickdaDookie
    Playmaker
    • Dec 2003

Here's a thought:

Trade our first round pick for a high second and a third. It would allow us to pick up more young depth at D-Line and for considerably cheaper than a first round pick. =)

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!
  • Dream
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

I wouldn't mind this at all, but I have a feeling we can shore up a second or a third rounder via compensation/trades anyways this year so I'm pretty comfortable with staying where we're at with the #25 pick in the NFL Draft.

Comment

• dbdom
      Practice Squad
      • Jan 2005

i wouldnt disagree with that
      its been shown time and time again, that stockpiling picks usually do wonders for a team's depth and overall talent level
      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

• ttejuco
        Bench Warmer
        • Jan 2005

I agree, its not like there would be a big step in talent from 25th pick to say 40something. This draft class isnt very powerful in the first place.

Comment

• bleedbluorange
          Special Teams
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ttejuco
          I agree, its not like there would be a big step in talent from 25th pick to say 40something. This draft class isnt very powerful in the first place.
          I like the idea. I hope they do it on draft day. Wait and see who's left on the board and dump the pick if we cant get a DT.

Comment

• OrangeShadow
            Special Teams
            • Jun 2004

agreed^if a talented dlineman was available id take him

Comment

• SethGrandpa
              Practice Squad
              • Sep 2003

I disagree, if anything we should trade up (maybe with Reuben). There are some really good DEs (Pollack, Roth) that will be gone by our pick.

Comment

• Caliraiderhater
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2004

on mel kiper's new mock draft he doesent even have pollack as a 1st round pick anymore! so if it stays that way we could try and get him in the second round and maybe try and get Demarcus Ware with the 25th pick!!! a great pass rushing OLB/DE who would do very well in a 3-4 D! now that in my oppinion they would be great #1&2 picks!
                sigpic

Comment

• OhNoKoolAid
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
                  on mel kiper's new mock draft he doesent even have pollack as a 1st round pick anymore! so if it stays that way we could try and get him in the second round and maybe try and get Demarcus Ware with the 25th pick!!! a great pass rushing OLB/DE who would do very well in a 3-4 D! now that in my oppinion they would be great #1&2 picks!
                  If that were to indeed be the case, than that would be the steal of the draft and would jumpstart our defense in the best way. But you and I both know that finding Pollack in the 2nd round is a pipe dream.

Ware, however, is falling to the bottom of the 2nd round in the Sporting News Warroom, if he was to fall to Denver in the second, that too would be a coup.

Comment

• db32
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2004

I'm gonna buck the thread. More than depth, which the team seems to have plenty of, Denver needs a play maker. That includes pick(s) for players trades as well. Andre Carter from SF would be one if they're seriouse about switching to a 3-4 under Nolan. I've read where it's been mentioned that Denver has the same intentions, but if the team could acquire someone like Carter and move Trevor back inside, then moving from an Over/Under one-gap D to a unbalanced 3-4 wouldn't make sense. Carter wouldn't cost much to get either-4th year of a five year deal, history of getting hurt, no longer has an everydown role with the team, but the one season he was healthy he had 13 sacks. The team wouldn't have to commit to him-low risk, high reward if SF would move off him for the right price. There's others like him too, Bryan Thomas-Jets, Damione Lewis-Rams. These guys wouldn't cost much to get, but they have at ton of ability. That would allow Denver to use a pick on the first day and have the chance to get two first round quality athletes. Even if only one of the two meets expectations, they got a guy who will make a difference on every down he's on the field-which, again, is what I believe the team needs most.
                    Last edited by db32; 02-11-2005, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• TXBRONC
                      Captain
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                      Trade our first round pick for a high second and a third. It would allow us to pick up more young depth at D-Line and for considerably cheaper than a first round pick. =)
                      It makes sense from one stand point, but as you know Shanahan track record indicates that he's very unwilling to part with first rounds picks.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• DenverFan07
                        Practice Squad
                        • Mar 2004

I dont agree with this at all...We need a top 1st round pick at DE that can come in and make an impact right away. ie: DJ Williams from this past year. I do like thought of trading up in the 1st Round to get a better player.....Marcus Spears is my vote.
                        2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

Working...
                        X