PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss

buchosiete
02-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I think we need to show interest in a possible trade for Randy Moss. We haven't been a playoff threat since Elway left and Rod Smith will probably retire in the next few years. We need an offensive threat just as much as we need a Defensive lineman. :confused:

bailey24shutdwn
02-09-2005, 10:21 AM
we dont really need randy moss, how about Jerry Porter and also draft sean cody from a shtudown corner please dont get blown out in the play-offs next year

buchosiete
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I just think that Moss is worth bidding for because he has the talent to be the best receiver whos ever played the game. His attitude is all that needs work on.

In my opinion, Willie Middlebrooks, Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls have the potential to make our secondary one of the top 3 in the NFL since we already have Champ for 5+ years. Those guys are all young.

BlueDevilsDB
02-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe Moss could make us capable of almost Colt-like offense. Moss and Lelie would both get double-teamed on sideline routes, leaving smith, Watts, Droughns, and Bell to do damage. If we got Moss would would probably have to let one of Hayward, Herndon, Kennedy go for cap. Moss might have a bad attitude at times, but I think all in all, he could make Plummer a better QB, and give Gunther Cunningham nightmares.

vicious2500
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Maybe you people are forgetting we have little to no cap space and we can't fit a big name FA player under the cap...

TXBRONC
02-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I just think that Moss is worth bidding for because he has the talent to be the best receiver whos ever played the game. His attitude is all that needs work on.

In my opinion, Willie Middlebrooks, Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls have the potential to make our secondary one of the top 3 in the NFL since we already have Champ for 5+ years. Those guys are all young.

You can't bid with what you don't have. Moss is argueably the best reciever in the game but he's trouble. Even if Denver had the kind of money they would need to get him its still a huge gamble because of his attitude. You have no idea if came here that it would change.

buchosiete
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
You can't bid with what you don't have. Moss is argueably the best reciever in the game but he's trouble. Even if Denver had the kind of money they would need to get him its still a huge gamble because of his attitude. You have no idea if came here that it would change.

O.k., maybe we don't have enough money but we could always trade players or draft picks for him. I'm not saying its a great possibility that we could get him but it is worth giving an effort.

Also, why do people keep acting as if his attitude is something of a concern??? Every team in the league would benefit from having Randy Moss on their team. A lot of Minnesota's success in recent years has been because of Moss and nobody can deny that. I KNOW for a fact that if he came to Denver we would win more games and actually be a playoff threat. "Bad attitudes" in the NFL is an over-rated concept. What about Corey Dillon's "bad attitude"? Nobody is saying that anymore because he is on a winning team. Moss is just frustrated from losing.

I guess we should have gotten rid of Bill Romanowski for his "bad attitude" back when we won the Superbowl. Nobody cared that he spit on Kordel Stewart in the AFC championship because we WON that game. Thats all that matters in the NFL.

TXBRONC
02-10-2005, 09:31 AM
O.k., maybe we don't have enough money but we could always trade players or draft picks for him. I'm not saying its a great possibility that we could get him but it is worth giving an effort.

Also, why do people keep acting as if his attitude is something of a concern??? Every team in the league would benefit from having Randy Moss on their team. A lot of Minnesota's success in recent years has been because of Moss and nobody can deny that. I KNOW for a fact that if he came to Denver we would win more games and actually be a playoff threat. "Bad attitudes" in the NFL is an over-rated concept. What about Corey Dillon's "bad attitude"? Nobody is saying that anymore because he is on a winning team. Moss is just frustrated from losing.

I guess we should have gotten rid of Bill Romanowski for his "bad attitude" back when we won the Superbowl. Nobody cared that he spit on Kordel Stewart in the AFC championship because we WON that game. Thats all that matters in the NFL.

I don't see it as worth the effort because I don't see what player or players we have that they would think could help them. I agree Moss has been part of the reason for the Vikings success, but I also think that his attitude has been one of the problems as well. I don't know for fact that his attitude would change and really don't believe anyone else could know that for fact.

Also Romo didn't spit on Stewart in the AFC championship game. He spit on J.J. Stokes a wide receiver for the 49ers in the second to last game of the '97 season. When it happened his teammates publically criticised him for it.

buchosiete
02-10-2005, 10:01 AM
I don't see it as worth the effort because I don't see what player or players we have that they would think could help them. I agree Moss has been part of the reason for the Vikings success, but I also think that his attitude has been one of the problems as well. I don't know for fact that his attitude would change and really don't believe anyone else could know that for fact.

Also Romo didn't spit on Stewart in the AFC championship game. He spit on J.J. Stokes a wide receiver for the 49ers in the second to last game of the '97 season. When it happened his teammates publically criticised him for it.

O.k. my details were a little off but my point is this:
In the NFL all that matters is how you perform on the field. Owners and coaches don't lose their jobs from having 'idiots' with bad attitudes. They get fired for losing. Mike Tice would have probably gotten fired if the Vikings would have lost to GB in the first round but Randy Moss caught two TD's, the game after he walked off the field in Washington. Did Tice bench him? No because he knew what was at stake. Winning=$$$

Unfortunately Randy Moss has a terrible attitude because he is arguably the most gifted athlete in the sport right now. Not every team can have a bunch of blue-collared athletes like the Pats do. But like I said, WINNING is everything in the NFL, no matter how you do it.

TXBRONC
02-10-2005, 10:28 AM
O.k. my details were a little off but my point is this:
In the NFL all that matters is how you perform on the field. Owners and coaches don't lose their jobs from having 'idiots' with bad attitudes. They get fired for losing. Mike Tice would have probably gotten fired if the Vikings would have lost to GB in the first round but Randy Moss caught two TD's, the game after he walked off the field in Washington. Did Tice bench him? No because he knew what was at stake. Winning=$$$

Unfortunately Randy Moss has a terrible attitude because he is arguably the most gifted athlete in the sport right now. Not every team can have a bunch of blue-collared athletes like the Pats do. But like I said, WINNING is everything in the NFL, no matter how you do it.

Well Tice is 23-26 as a head coach at this point in his career. In the two years prior to this one the Vikings has the chance to get into the by just winning their last game and two years in a row they didn't.

At anyrate I think you're missing the bigger picture here. Even with Moss being one of the best if not the best receiver in football why would the Vikings want to trade him? Because no matter how valuable/great a player is if he's trouble maker (and there in no doubt that Moss is) its bad for team chemistry. So what the Vikings won that playoff game, did they go any further? No and I don't seem them being able too unless changes are made, inparticularly in team chemistry.

buchosiete
02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Well Tice is 23-26 as a head coach at this point in his career. In the two years prior to this one the Vikings has the chance to get into the by just winning their last game and two years in a row they didn't.

At anyrate I think you're missing the bigger picture here. Even with Moss being one of the best if not the best receiver in football why would the Vikings want to trade him? Because no matter how valuable/great a player is if he's trouble maker (and there in no doubt that Moss is) its bad for team chemistry. So what the Vikings won that playoff game, did they go any further? No and I don't seem them being able too unless changes are made, inparticularly in team chemistry.

Fair enough. I don't want to beat a dead horse but I still think that the Vikings are making a mistake by getting rid of Moss. I will also keep saying that Moss will end up helping out the team he ends up with, bad attitude or not.

Gentlemens bet says the Vikings will have a worse record next year if they get rid of Moss. Maybe they should look at their defensive problems instead of putting the blame on his bad attitude.

atruebroncosfan
02-10-2005, 10:51 AM

Exactly, attitude only matters in high school sports.

BlueDevilsDB
02-10-2005, 02:32 PM
They can be successful w/o Moss and they know that. Culpepper, Smith, Bennett, Burelson, Wiggins, Campbell, Robinson can still be a very potent offense with out Moss. They want to trade Moss for defense and draft picks, which would probably be used on Defense, or possibly a reciever. Being that much of my family is from/lives in Minnesota, and that I spend a lot of time up there, I follow the Vikes as much as I can. I can garuntee the upside Moss can bring to a team is far greater than the downside of his attitude. Look at his stats from 03-04. About 1500-1600 yards and like 16 TDs. A lot of teams, if not all, would probably put up with a guy who can have attitude problems for those kind of numbers.

Almost Heaven
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
If Plummer is smart he'll take about a third of what he's supposed to get and tell shanny to go get a randy moss or joey porter , even burress. cause with the way he throws he needs as big a WR as we can get.

bmcl2343
02-11-2005, 01:55 AM
First off, we are NOT going to get Moss. I don't think that we have the cap room we would need and I don't think that we have the trade ammunition either.

However, that being said I think that if we DID get him (and were able to afford him without screwing up the rest of our team) we would be going past the Wild Card match next season.

I am 100% sure that what Plummer is lacking is a high calibur reciever to complement the ones he has - Be that a top WR or a top TE.

At WR, Rod is great but old. Lelie could be great - but has failed to live up to what every Bronco fan had hope (so far he's good but not great). Watts might develop but I wouldn't bet the house on it and I don't really think that the rest of our WR corp is ever going to be much of a threat to opposing recievers.

At TE, we need a new one.

I hope Shanny gets him that receiver that he needs.

goodcatch
02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
randy moss is a really skilled player but he mite be a team player

daniel80111
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Randy Moss if flat out the best receiver in the NFL. He would help any team out in the passing department. I think he just needs a new start somewhere else with good leadership to become a team player. Then he would become unstoppable, as he is basically now.

steve6787
02-14-2005, 01:05 PM
There is no doubt that is Randy Moss is great, but what he brings with him is the problem. If he is able to turn himself around with a new attitude(Much like what happened with Rasheed Wallace when traded to the Detriot Pistons) then he will be utterly unstoppable. But at this point he is more of a disease. The kinda of money he is going to be demanding will be a huge risk.

Great to have on your Fantasy Team or when playing Madden tho! ;)

TXBRONC
02-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't see any valid scenario where Moss would come to Denver. There is already those who think that because Pryce will be on the trading block that it would be great move to get Moss. The fact is it would utterly stupid, because it would defeat the purpose of why Denver is willing to trade Pryce. They want draft picks and more cap space.

Tatum_26
02-15-2005, 03:27 PM
There is no possible scenario that we could get moss. Im just asking, who would we trade for him? hm? Also dont forget we cant afford it at all. And also i think people forget the new owner wants to keep moss. It was just the old owner. So Moss might be taken off the trading block.

TXBRONC
02-19-2005, 10:08 AM
There is no possible scenario that we could get moss. Im just asking, who would we trade for him? hm? Also dont forget we cant afford it at all. And also i think people forget the new owner wants to keep moss. It was just the old owner. So Moss might be taken off the trading block.

If there is no possible way, that to me means that we don't have someone of equal value to trade for him, not that I would want him on this team anyway.

JRWIZ
02-19-2005, 08:23 PM
First off, we are NOT going to get Moss. I don't think that we have the cap room we would need and I don't think that we have the trade ammunition either.

However, that being said I think that if we DID get him (and were able to afford him without screwing up the rest of our team) we would be going past the Wild Card match next season.

I am 100% sure that what Plummer is lacking is a high calibur reciever to complement the ones he has - Be that a top WR or a top TE.

At WR, Rod is great but old. Lelie could be great - but has failed to live up to what every Bronco fan had hope (so far he's good but not great). Watts might develop but I wouldn't bet the house on it and I don't really think that the rest of our WR corp is ever going to be much of a threat to opposing recievers.

At TE, we need a new one.

I hope Shanny gets him that receiver that he needs.

Nope don't need to do anything here but let Putz mature. He was the third leading receiver on the team last year after having a total of 7 passes the prior two years. He is gonna be a great one, perhaps not a Sharpe but a top op flght guy about 50-60 catches a year 800-900 yards.