PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady

T.D.-Salut!
02-10-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm sure all you guys read the "Tom Brady seals the deal into the HOF." This guy can win, and win a lot, but is he already on HOF quarter back??

GIVEME6
02-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I think so. He's the best "high pressure" QB I've seen in a long time. The sound decisions he cosistently makes with the football, his accuracy, and his willingness to stand in the face of the rush to deliver the football is INCREDIBLE. Consider that he's doing all the stuff he's doing with "nobodies" at the WR position, and you can hear his Canton bust being sculpted right now.

The Dark Knight
02-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah, he is pretty clutch but he's also surrounded by a GREAT team like Montana was. I'd like to see him carry a mediocre team on his back before I start inducting him into the hall. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of Brady. He still is pretty young after all.

Ohh and uhh, wrong forum by the way.
This thread belongs here------------> Other NFL Teams (http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)

:cheers:

cadencesdad
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Heres my ploy for Brady into the Hall
Namath on left, Brady on right.

1886 completions - 1243
3762 attempts - 2018
50.1% comp% - 61.6%
27,663 yards - 13,925
173 TD passes - 97 TD's
220 int's - 52 int's
1 NFL championship - 3 NFL rings

As a side note, Brady has been in the league for 5 years, only playing one game in his first year. Namath was in the league for 13 years, missing more than half the games in 4 of the 13 seasons. However I believe Namath made it to the hall because of where he played (NY) and "the prediction". How many QB's have been inducted to the hall, with more int's than TD passes? If Namath is in, darn right Brady should be in.

Fat Joe
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Hes a HOF QB, but not the best QB ever like some people are trying to say he is.

Shaolin
02-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Hes a great qb, can lead his team to victory, but the rings say nothing, hes surrounded by a great team.
Marino has no rings and he will be a HOF, peyton is still young but if he doen't win a SB, he would still be a great qb with a crappy defense.

In-com-plete
02-12-2005, 03:39 PM
So Brady will be the first female inducted into the HOF. :D

GD I hate Brady. He plays on a great team with great coaching. It's amazing how a great team can make an average/good QB look great. There are at least 5 QBs better than him in the NFL today.

JWinn
02-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Who's Tom Brady? j/k :D

I hate to make judgements on HOF until a careeer is done. I thought TD was a shoe in, but......................

JoRo
02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Heres my ploy for Brady into the Hall
Namath on left, Brady on right.

1886 completions - 1243
3762 attempts - 2018
50.1% comp% - 61.6%
27,663 yards - 13,925
173 TD passes - 97 TD's
220 int's - 52 int's
1 NFL championship - 3 NFL rings

As a side note, Brady has been in the league for 5 years, only playing one game in his first year. Namath was in the league for 13 years, missing more than half the games in 4 of the 13 seasons. However I believe Namath made it to the hall because of where he played (NY) and "the prediction". How many QB's have been inducted to the hall, with more int's than TD passes? If Namath is in, darn right Brady should be in.

U cant compare the pas with present really, the more i have tried the more i realized it. The game is totally different from then to now. His comp. were low cuz the way thye played back then, they ran an ran, cuz rec were allowed to get mugged. Jus think about it dude, we live in a comp different game than before.

Jared
02-13-2005, 01:10 AM
I will just say that Brady is NOT surrounded with great offensive talent, as some of you are suggesting. Looking at that roster, the only one who has a shot at the HOF is Dillon, but he has to stay healthy for 2 or 3 more years. And Brady won without him. Seriously, have you guys REALLY looked at who he is throwing to?

David Patten: 16 games: 44rec 800yds 18.2avg 7tds.
In a 9 year career, this is only the second time he has gotten more than 800 yards receiving. This was a career year for TD's and YPC, however. Not really HOF stuff, nor an elite WR.

David Givens: 15 games 56rec 874yds 15.6avg 3tds.
3rd year reciever who has gotten better every year, but still not considered an elite WR. Does have good hands and will go over the middle, has yet to show that he can be a game breaker. Future looks bright, but still not in the elite class of WR. Brady's #1 target (in terms of receptions).

Deion Branch: 9games 35rec 454yds 13.0avg 4tds. This is the Super Bowl MVP? at 5'9", 193, was considered too small to be an effective reciever coming out of Lousiville. His longest reception was 26 yards. Great route runner, understands how to find space in zones. But not a great speed guy, and has limited effectiveness in one on one situations against larger corners. Still in 3rd year. Future is probably solid, as long as coaching and Brady stay there. Never has to buy a drink in New England again!

Troy Brown(career): 162 games 475rec 5516yds 11.6avg 25tds.
I included Brown's career stats because his receiving contributions were so limited this year. Has only 1 season over 1,000 yds in 12 year career. While a classy, versitle player who epitomizes the attitude of this team, he simply is not a great receiver by any stretch. Jerry Rice nearly had 25 tds in one season .

Bethel Johnson: 13 games 10rec 174yds 17.4avg 1td. WHO?

Kevin Kasper: 8 games 0rec 0yds 0tds. Tell me why he is still in the NFL? Way to pick em, Shanahan. Only wide receiver on team over 6 feet, for whatever that is worth.

TE's Graham and Fauria are basically the same size, only Graham is younger and faster, while Fauria is a cagey vet who blocks more than catches. Combined for 570 yds and 9 tds. Not too bad actually. But again, are they great, as some of you contend? Shannon SHarpe was a GREAT TE. Ozzie Newsome was a GREAT TE. Kellen Winslow Sr. was a GREAT TE. Mike Ditka was a great and MEAN SOB of a TE.

The point of the game is to win. And since QB's get an inordinate amount of credit and blame for wins and losses, that means that 3 sb rings SHOULD get you in.

Now, if he retired tomorrow, he might not get in, but I think the assumption here is that he starts for at least 1 or 2 more seasons.

JoRo
02-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Great post Jar. I think he prolly could get in right now. But he wont retire for quite sum time anyways, unless forced to (injury) which means he prolly will be. I still dont like how whats his face was tryin to compare him to unitas tho

Jared
02-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Great post Jar.
Cool. Hit the scales, dude! hahahahaaha

PatriotsCanWin
02-15-2005, 11:02 PM
I will just say that Brady is NOT surrounded with great offensive talent, as some of you are suggesting. Looking at that roster, the only one who has a shot at the HOF is Dillon, but he has to stay healthy for 2 or 3 more years. And Brady won without him. Seriously, have you guys REALLY looked at who he is throwing to?

David Patten: 16 games: 44rec 800yds 18.2avg 7tds.
In a 9 year career, this is only the second time he has gotten more than 800 yards receiving. This was a career year for TD's and YPC, however. Not really HOF stuff, nor an elite WR.

David Givens: 15 games 56rec 874yds 15.6avg 3tds.
3rd year reciever who has gotten better every year, but still not considered an elite WR. Does have good hands and will go over the middle, has yet to show that he can be a game breaker. Future looks bright, but still not in the elite class of WR. Brady's #1 target (in terms of receptions).

Deion Branch: 9games 35rec 454yds 13.0avg 4tds. This is the Super Bowl MVP? at 5'9", 193, was considered too small to be an effective reciever coming out of Lousiville. His longest reception was 26 yards. Great route runner, understands how to find space in zones. But not a great speed guy, and has limited effectiveness in one on one situations against larger corners. Still in 3rd year. Future is probably solid, as long as coaching and Brady stay there. Never has to buy a drink in New England again!

Troy Brown(career): 162 games 475rec 5516yds 11.6avg 25tds.
I included Brown's career stats because his receiving contributions were so limited this year. Has only 1 season over 1,000 yds in 12 year career. While a classy, versitle player who epitomizes the attitude of this team, he simply is not a great receiver by any stretch. Jerry Rice nearly had 25 tds in one season .

Bethel Johnson: 13 games 10rec 174yds 17.4avg 1td. WHO?

Kevin Kasper: 8 games 0rec 0yds 0tds. Tell me why he is still in the NFL? Way to pick em, Shanahan. Only wide receiver on team over 6 feet, for whatever that is worth.

TE's Graham and Fauria are basically the same size, only Graham is younger and faster, while Fauria is a cagey vet who blocks more than catches. Combined for 570 yds and 9 tds. Not too bad actually. But again, are they great, as some of you contend? Shannon SHarpe was a GREAT TE. Ozzie Newsome was a GREAT TE. Kellen Winslow Sr. was a GREAT TE. Mike Ditka was a great and MEAN SOB of a TE.

The point of the game is to win. And since QB's get an inordinate amount of credit and blame for wins and losses, that means that 3 sb rings SHOULD get you in.

Now, if he retired tomorrow, he might not get in, but I think the assumption here is that he starts for at least 1 or 2 more seasons.

Very good post here; having a great receiver is vital for most QB's. Look at Jeff Garcia's stats when he had Terrell Owens! 31 and 32 TD passes in a year. Look how terrible he was last year. McNabb had mediocre passing stats until this year; when he got a great receiver. Since Bledsoe was a Patriot, I know a lot about him. He had his best years when the offense was loaded at the receiver department. I think Peyton Manning is a better overall QB than Brady, but I'm sure Brady would have close to 40 TDs and fewer Interceptions if he played in the dome and had Wayne, Stokely, and Harrison to throw to. Brady has also had to deal with an offensive line by committee.

I can't even remember the last offensive player from the Patriots to make the Pro-bowl, other than Troy Brown in 2001(His 1 great year) and excluding the QB/K positions. I saw Manning throwing to Harrison and Brees throwing to Gates/Tomlinson in the pro-bowl. Brady was throwing to...