PDA

View Full Version : Adam "Pac-Man" Jones

uhhyeahagain
02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Anyone see this guy play at WVU? I'ven never seen him in action but the way Mel Kiper yaps about him and the fact that his nickname is "Pac-Man," makes me think that he is just plain awesome.

GenerationTatum
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
he doesn't have Champ Bailey size, but he can cover. He'd be a great pick by the titans

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
He's got potential to be a good one.

Go Mountaineers!!!!!

Milehigh117
02-10-2005, 01:17 PM
he's a little small, but hes been rumored to run in the 4.2 range.

In-com-plete
02-10-2005, 04:01 PM
A few weeks ago someone posted a mock draft that had him going to SD at 27. I said then he will be a top 10 draft pick, maybe top 5. The guy is going to be a stud. He has great cover skills, and has good return skills.

Caliraiderhater
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
He is also willing to give up his body in run support!!! he will be great!

Almost Heaven
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
I saw him play alot living right here in WV but i never imagined he'd get this much attention. I knew he was pretty good but never thought he might be taken ahead of Rolle which i have seen some mock draft that had him before.

OhNoKoolAid
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
he's a little small, but hes been rumored to run in the 4.2 range.

Which is essentially the reason for all the hype. Should he go to the combine and run a 4.4, you can expect his stock to fall (not that a 4.4 itself isn't fast). Kiper loves the workout guys, and Pac Man's percieved physical abilities have him drooling. He will need to be re-evaluated after the combine.

While we are on the topic of speedy corners, what about Okie State's Darrent Williams? He too is undersized but he has top notch spped and a warrior's mentality, which has gotten him in trouble in the past too. His size and senior season injury will cause him to fall to the later rounds, but anyone who watched the Senior Bowl workouts knows he can compete. He was the only one who came close to slowing Mark Clayton. He also can return kicks and has explosive qualities as a returner.

I'm not saying he is an elite talent, but he could be a Dre Bly-type in the slot and his penchant for jumping routes and aggressiveness could give our turnover production a needed boost. Great value in the middle rounds and much needed depth for our secondary. Any thoughts?