PDA

View Full Version : will spears/james/roth fall to #25?

bronx_2003
02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
these are the 3 top DE's IMO who can pass rush, do we have a chance at #25?

Dream
02-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm guessing one of them might make it there!

ttejuco
02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Either one of them will fall, your forgetting Shwane Merridan or Demarcus Ware who could be those pass rush tweener types.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-11-2005, 05:03 PM
I think Travis Johnson goes to the Texans at #13.
I think Merrimen goes to the Saints (as an OLB) at #16.
I think James goes to Cincy at #17.
I think Shaun Cody goes to Minnesota at #18.
I think Spears goes to Dallas at # 20.
I think Pollack goes to Jacksonville at #21.
I think Dan Cody goes to Seattle at #23.

Then you have this scenario: I think Green Bay, which has two 2nd round selections, will trade if Alex Smith slips down the board at all. In my draft, Smith is still available at pick 9, where Washington (who does not have a 2nd round selection) will swap 1st rounders with Greenbay and gain pick 51 in the 2nd. So Green Bay picks Smith at pick 9 and Washington picks Mark Clayton at 24.

Thus, Matt Roth slips and is available if we want him.

However, if Green Bay can't pull off a trade for Smith and decide not to reach for Campbell, then they will draft Matt Roth for certain.

Thus, Matt Roth will not slip and will not be available.

Hope that helped :D

bronx_2003
02-11-2005, 05:10 PM

Then you have this scenario: I think Green Bay, which has two 2nd round selections, will trade if Alex Smith slips down the board at all. In my draft, Smith is still available at pick 9, where Washington (who does not have a 2nd round selection) will swap 1st rounders with Greenbay and gain pick 51 in the 2nd. So Green Bay picks Smith at pick 9 and Washington picks Mark Clayton at 24.

However, if Green Bay can't pull off a trade for Smith and decide not to reach for Campbell, then they will draft Matt Roth for certain.

you seem to be quite knowledgeable towards football/college football - i would be interested if you posted a mock draft of round 1 - could you do that?? (i appreiciate its harder pre-combine)

Dream
02-11-2005, 05:30 PM

As much as I love your insight and how often we see eye to eye Mat'hir -- I do not believe that all eight of the best, prospected DE's and DT's will be gone by the time we pick; you're always saying on how you want the Broncos to get a defensive lineman, but with all those players being gone; there really isn't a decent choice.

Mike Patterson and Justin Tuck but I still think they're first round material.

I still feel that Cody, (USC) falls to us at the #25 spot.

To be honest with you, this is what I see.

I see Washington going with James in the first round; their defense is absolutely spectacular; but they lack an ultimate sack artist.

I think Merriman goes to Dallas at #11; because Parcells took a chance on a guy by the name of John Abraham with the Jets.

I think San Diego swaps up Marcus Spears with their first rounder. After the Senior Bowl; he showed us what kind of monster he was.

I'm thinking the Bengals will take Johnson at #17, since I believe the interior of their line is their weakest point.

Minnesota will more than likely go defense, but I'm not sure it's a lineman.

Since Dallas takes Merriman with #11; I think they focus on the secondary and take a guy like Pool or Miller.

I think that either Dan Cody or Pollack will go to Jacksonville at #21 which would probably give them one of the scariest lines in the NFL.

The Ravens, Seahawks and Packers all pass on defensive lineman; I feel that the Ravens grab Williamson, the Seahawks go after a guy like Burnett or Crowder and the Packers could take Alex Smith if he were to fall that far.

That leaves Shaun Cody up to us; I think it's an absolute steal and I hope we can get him.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-11-2005, 11:11 PM
you seem to be quite knowledgeable towards football/college football - i would be interested if you posted a mock draft of round 1 - could you do that?? (i appreiciate its harder pre-combine)

I'm working on it still. Ive gotten 23 pages done, so only 9 more to go, but it takes awhile, I've got a heavy workload atm.

Broncology,

It's very likely one of the best D-linemen drop to us, I personally think it will be Roth or Pollack. However, I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind the Vikings draft a DT in round 1. Which means for Cody to slip, Travis Johnson would have to be on the board or Hawthorne lights up the combine and Cody puts up poor numbers. I'd be fine with Cody as our pick, I dont really have a preference for any of the players as they all seem equivical to me. I think I'll get more fired up over the 2nd and 3rd round talent but I havent really begun looking that far yet.

OrangeShadow
02-12-2005, 06:23 AM
I think san diego will go with a corner

TXBRONC
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
these are the 3 top DE's IMO who can pass rush, do we have a chance at #25?

That's right now. If all three of these guys have good workouts at the combine their stock is going to rise.

steve6787
02-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I would love to see us get Matt Roth, especially if the Rumors of a Pryce departure are true......

dbdom
02-14-2005, 01:20 PM
As much as I love your insight and how often we see eye to eye Mat'hir -- I do not believe that all eight of the best, prospected DE's and DT's will be gone by the time we pick; you're always saying on how you want the Broncos to get a defensive lineman, but with all those players being gone; there really isn't a decent choice.

Mike Patterson and Justin Tuck but I still think they're first round material.

I still feel that Cody, (USC) falls to us at the #25 spot.

To be honest with you, this is what I see.

I see Washington going with James in the first round; their defense is absolutely spectacular; but they lack an ultimate sack artist.

I think Merriman goes to Dallas at #11; because Parcells took a chance on a guy by the name of John Abraham with the Jets.

I think San Diego swaps up Marcus Spears with their first rounder. After the Senior Bowl; he showed us what kind of monster he was.

I'm thinking the Bengals will take Johnson at #17, since I believe the interior of their line is their weakest point.

Minnesota will more than likely go defense, but I'm not sure it's a lineman.

Since Dallas takes Merriman with #11; I think they focus on the secondary and take a guy like Pool or Miller.

I think that either Dan Cody or Pollack will go to Jacksonville at #21 which would probably give them one of the scariest lines in the NFL.

The Ravens, Seahawks and Packers all pass on defensive lineman; I feel that the Ravens grab Williamson, the Seahawks go after a guy like Burnett or Crowder and the Packers could take Alex Smith if he were to fall that far.

That leaves Shaun Cody up to us; I think it's an absolute steal and I hope we can get him.

im feeling pretty confident that one of the those guys will fall to us
because i agree with you broncology, the 'skins will take a pass rusher OR a WR, like mike williams because they are letting rod gardner go

dallas will pick up mike williams if he's available with their #11 pick, it'll also be a reach for merriman, who i believe may even fall to their second 1st rounder, where they will take DT or merriman because i heard they may go 3-4, so need the pass rushing OLB

jacksonville will take a DE probably since they have amazing DT's but average DE's at best

minnesota, it depends if they can get moss away, but that can all change now they got a new owner, so we will wait and see, they need defensive help, but they got buckets of cap room, and if the new owner isnt a cheapo, they may get a few big name FA's in to fix that D

the ravens, they will try and pursue a WR in FA, but seem a lock to take troy williamson anyway, the seahawks LOVE channing crowder, if he falls to them, he'll be a seahawk and the packers will need a DE or a QB, but i think alex smith will be gone for sure, so maybe charlie fyre, but thats a reach

so in any circumstance, there is a very high likelihood that a top D lineman will fall to us, taking shaun cody at our position would be an absolute steal in my eyes, he is a DE/DT type hybrid and a very very good player who can play in 4-3 and 3-4

Milehigh117
02-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Nobody is considering Justin Tuck one of the top pass rushers in this draft and I have no idea why. He has legitimate 4.5-4.6 speed, and he set the record for career sacks in only his junior year at Notre Dame, which plays top competition every week. He's about the same size as roth and bigger than merriman, but he has longer arms than both of them and outstanding strength.