PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that the U always has dominate players?

Snk16
02-12-2005, 06:26 AM
IDK why but people from the U always do good in the NFL.

Dream
02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
They're coached well and are usually superior athletes on the college field anyways.

wizkid31
02-13-2005, 11:32 AM
most high school kids that get scholarships offers from miami usually go there. Miami only offers scholarshiips to the best high school athletes so many of them go pro and dominate!!!

Jared
02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
It's not the coaching at Miami, its the fact that their location and profile allow them to attract superior athletes.

I mean, think about it. You're a #1 ranked blue chipper. And you have your list down to Miami, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and USC. (the last 4 national champions)

All elite programs with superior facilites and all offer equal chances to win a championship.

But only one has co-eds coming to class in bikini tops in January! Whoo hoo.

Not to make it that trivial, but I think you'd all be foolish not to think that its an angle that not even USC has, and I bet Miami uses it too. Hormones can be powerful.

USC may have a better program right now, but I think position for position, Miami consistently gets better athletes.

I know where I'd like to have gone if I was able to have played major college football. Either Penn State or an Ivy League school. But I am weirdo, and acknowledge that. I am something of a contrarian. "let see what people saywhen I do the opposite of the obvious".

Vulcan
02-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Anyoen know how good James Bryant is doing down in Miami? :confused: I'm trying to follow him to see how far he gets. He graduated from the school I'm currently at.

Milehigh117
02-13-2005, 08:40 PM
The states of Florida and Texas, and maybe California are the top hotbeds for college recruiting talent and Miami gets their pick of the litter in all of Florida. Oklahoma and Texas usually split the top texas talent, and now USC is getting the cream of the California crop.

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-14-2005, 06:49 AM
I think another intangible that helps to lure recruits to the U. is the fact that so many alumni work out a lot at the university facilities and such...players like Portis, Lewis, I could go on for a while...the fact is that a lot of these guys practice at the U....what high school senior wouldn't want to be in that environment with proven players like that....the possibilities of educating one's self on the game of football is endless when you're surrounding by pro-bowlers and future hall-of-famers.

Fat Joe
02-14-2005, 11:09 PM
I was going to try to transfer to Miami, not to play football, just to go there.

I decided not too, and I can give you about 30,000 reasons why.

Snk16
02-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I was going to try to transfer to Miami, not to play football, just to go there.

I decided not too, and I can give you about 30,000 reasons why.

List 10 please.

Snk16
03-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Hm........the program they have down there seems excelent. They have such a rep.