PDA

View Full Version : Second Round idea

Milehigh117
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
A lot of mocks have us taking Heath Miller in the first, which is not too great of an idea being that our #1 problem this past year was our inability to create a consistent pass rush from our front four, so D-line is an obvious must especially with a one- gap interior lineman like a travis johnson or a shaun cody, or a speed edge rusher like Shawne Merriman or Justin Tuck.

However, our second biggest problem last year was our inability to put it in the end zone within the red zone, which obviously killed us several times this season, the best solution is with the TE postition. We just signed arguably the best developer of TE's in the league in Tim Brewster and while Putz is good, he doesnt have an exceptional amount of potential to be a star.

I think we would do well to pick up Kevin Everett in the second round. He has ideal size at 6-6 255, and I read reports at the beginning of the season that not only did he clock in faster then Kellen Winslow, but he was the best natural blocker the Miami staff had seen since Bubba Franks, the only knock on the guy is that he is still raw, well I think we have the staff and the offense to turn him into a superstar so we can keep pace with this other great TE's in our own division

ttejuco
02-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I think Alex Smith would be a way better pick than Kevin Everett. He's 6-7 255 and has got alot of upside. But whats the best reason to pick him? He's a homegrown boy from where else? Denver, Colorado. An instant fan favorite.

Another good option would be Joel Dressen out of?? Yes, Colorado State. At 6-4 260, not the tallest but strong and quick. He could be a 3rd round pick if were lucky.

dbdom
02-14-2005, 01:23 PM
I think Alex Smith would be a way better pick than Kevin Everett. He's 6-7 255 and has got alot of upside. But whats the best reason to pick him? He's a homegrown boy from where else? Denver, Colorado. An instant fan favorite.

Another good option would be Joel Dressen out of?? Yes, Colorado State. At 6-4 260, not the tallest but strong and quick. He could be a 3rd round pick if were lucky.

alex smith dropped balls at the senior bowl, looked bad for him
but its not a particularly good set of TE's, no definitive stud TE (and no heath miller isnt in the class of gates/gonzalez/heap/shockey when hes healthy)

JRWIZ
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
A lot of mocks have us taking Heath Miller in the first, which is not too great of an idea being that our #1 problem this past year was our inability to create a consistent pass rush from our front four, so D-line is an obvious must especially with a one- gap interior lineman like a travis johnson or a shaun cody, or a speed edge rusher like Shawne Merriman or Justin Tuck.

However, our second biggest problem last year was our inability to put it in the end zone within the red zone, which obviously killed us several times this season, the best solution is with the TE postition. We just signed arguably the best developer of TE's in the league in Tim Brewster and while Putz is good, he doesnt have an exceptional amount of potential to be a star.

I think we would do well to pick up Kevin Everett in the second round. He has ideal size at 6-6 255, and I read reports at the beginning of the season that not only did he clock in faster then Kellen Winslow, but he was the best natural blocker the Miami staff had seen since Bubba Franks, the only knock on the guy is that he is still raw, well I think we have the staff and the offense to turn him into a superstar so we can keep pace with this other great TE's in our own division

Just curious what insight that you have, that slipped by Mikey?