PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite NASCAR driver?

Lynch_mob
02-16-2005, 09:28 AM
My favorite is Dale Earnhardt Jr. Who's yours?

horsesense
02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
I like Jr. too, but this year Im pulling for Mark Martin, and Rusty Wallace as well. I hope one of those 2 win Daytona this weekend...

Lynch_mob
02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah, Martin is a good old boy. He needs to win one of these b4 he retires.Has he ever won it before?

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll say Jeff Gordon jsut cause it pisses everyone else off.

horsesense
02-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Gordon is a lil for sure.. Martins never won Daytona, hes never won a championship either. Rustys won a NASCAR Championship quite a few years ago (between all of Earnhardt Srs.), but hes never won the Daytona 500.
Is anyone else all geared up for the race this weekend? :beer:

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Gordon is a lil for sure.. Martins never won Daytona, hes never won a championship either. Rustys won a NASCAR Championship quite a few years ago (between all of Earnhardt Srs.), but hes never won the Daytona 500.
Is anyone else all geared up for the race this weekend? :beer:
Horsie..i didnt' know you were such a big nascar fan.

F1 starts really soon!!! VERY EXCITING!!!

horsesense
02-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Im not really! But there are a few races I like watching.. Rockingham, Daytona, The Brick Yard, I use to be into quite a bit, but it takes a lot of time to follow it all the whole season. Its way funner to watch motor sports in person then on TV tho.. And with my limited budget, Im lucky to catch a few baseball games, and one or two Broncos games each year.. We need to win the Lottery so we can do it all... :beer:

Javalon
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I was going to post about NASCAR not being real sport but figured that's been hashed and rehashed too often. ;) I'll just say I can't remember the guy's name but I like the one that drives that car real fast. You know who I mean?

But seriously, when is NASCAR going to get more chicks driving their cars?

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I was going to post about NASCAR not being real sport but figured that's been hashed and rehashed too often. ;) I'll just say I can't remember the guy's name but I like the one that drives that car real fast. You know who I mean?

But seriously, when is NASCAR going to get more chicks driving their cars?
**** Trickle?

O&B4life
02-16-2005, 11:45 AM

I'm with NJ on this one. Nearly every nascar fan hates him, so just for that reason I root for him :beer:

Javalon
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
**** Trickle?
Hey, no need to curse at me. I was just playin'. :(

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey, no need to curse at me. I was just playin'. :(
haha...why do you always make me feel bad jav!?

Javalon
02-16-2005, 01:37 PM
haha...why do you always make me feel bad jav!?
Do I? I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. :(

;)

Perry1977
02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
North
American
Sport of
Crazy
Ass
Rednecks

Dream
02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I am a hardcore Gordon fan, (Jeff) and Jimmie Johnson; people hate Gordon because he's good and wiped the floor with almost every driver on the circuit during his years on the top; he's still probably the most feared driver on the track. It's kind of funny though; most people like Earnhardt Jr. because of what happened to his dad and who his dad was. People need to face it; Earnhardt is dead; the wall beat him and that's just that. No offense to Earnhardt; he was a great driver; but the over-emphasis of Jr. and his praise hasn't been earned.

I'll give credit where and when it's due; if Jr. wins it this year.

Jared
02-16-2005, 03:08 PM
a retired one.

they should all think of doing it sometime soon.

Lynch_mob
02-17-2005, 09:05 AM
I first liked Jr. when he drove Busch series,and well, he's been my favorite driver ever since.

Broncinator
02-17-2005, 09:15 AM
JIMMY JOHNSON ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR BABY!!!! :beer: :rockon:

RealBronco
02-17-2005, 12:32 PM

I'll go along with this.

Is there any real reason they don't like him? He's not even a threat is he? I never see him win anything...so why do they all hate him?

That's right "they"...hehehe.

BC32Falcons513
09-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Kyle Busch

HUMCALC
09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Danica and Jr. I feel bad for both + she is GOREGOUS!

roushmartin6
09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Mark Martin

Freyaka
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Holy necropost Batman! This post has been dead longer than I've been here!

My favorite is still Bobby Labonte...Though I named my kid after Kasey Kahne and also kind of like Jr and Stewart and Logano I just can't make my mind up anymore since Bobby started sucking.

Used to be I was a diehard Labonte fan but now that he's getting up there in age it's obvious I'm going to have to find a new driver eventually I just can't decide who that is.

roushmartin6
09-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Holy necropost Batman! This post has been dead longer than I've been here!

My favorite is still Bobby Labonte...Though I named my kid after Kasey Kahne and also kind of like Jr and Stewart and Logano I just can't make my mind up anymore since Bobby started sucking.

Used to be I was a diehard Labonte fan but now that he's getting up there in age it's obvious I'm going to have to find a new driver eventually I just can't decide who that is.

Yea worst thing he ever did was split from Gibbs to join Petty.

CoryWinget81
09-14-2012, 10:21 PM
http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/f/1/f1hh9lzjaozfajz9.jpg

CoryWinget81
09-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh, and btw, this is what Smoke looked like when I first became a fan of his

http://aeryssports.com/motorsports/files/2011/09/tonystewart1996autochannel.jpg

Best man to ever drive something with 4 wheels. You name it, Smoke's drove it and won it.

BroncosDivision
09-15-2012, 01:37 AM

Best man to ever drive something with 4 wheels. You name it, Smoke's drove it and won it.

Not even close. In American motorsports, maybe.

He's nowhere near close to being the best ever, let alone top 100 on a global scale. For that to happen, and it will not, he would have to win titles in Formula 1, Formula 3000, WRC, D1 GP and DTM.

Freyaka
09-15-2012, 07:06 AM

He should have gone to RCR, I still think if he would have ended up RCR he'd have been competitive again.

Freyaka
09-15-2012, 07:11 AM

I love stewarts attitude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQB2938uRI0&feature=related

He's just such an ass in the media center and it's always hilarious!

Freyaka
09-15-2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6orM5qceb0&feature=relmfu

Peanut
09-15-2012, 09:39 PM

I think it started happening while he was still with Gibbs. The musical CCs started. Makar left, so did the chemistry and success. Anyway, that's my take on things. :D

I've been bouncing around drivers since Skinner lost his ride. Hamlin, Logano, Stewart, Jr. I ended up picking Kyle Busch as the main one.

BroncosFanInPA
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Not even close. In American motorsports, maybe.

He's nowhere near close to being the best ever, let alone top 100 on a global scale. For that to happen, and it will not, he would have to win titles in Formula 1, Formula 3000, WRC, D1 GP and DTM.

Man that one was just too funny, but thanks for the laugh & let me know when you wake up from the dream your in. :thumb:

Freyaka
09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
I think it started happening while he was still with Gibbs. The musical CCs started. Makar left, so did the chemistry and success. Anyway, that's my take on things. :D

I've been bouncing around drivers since Skinner lost his ride. Hamlin, Logano, Stewart, Jr. I ended up picking Kyle Busch as the main one.

Makkar was the only CC that could work with him, I think from what I can tell he's hard to work with for whatever reason. Once Fatback came along he just dropped off the map.

I actually suspect that fatback sat on him and destroyed his confidence and vertebra.

NFL_fanatic
09-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Dale Jr, Carl Edwards, Kurt Busch and several others. I wouldn't say I have A favorite driver anymore.

Jay3
09-17-2012, 07:00 PM
My all time favorite was Dale Jarrett. Haven't found one to replace him yet is far as a favorite.

The sport needs another quirky one like Sterling Marlin. I like the eccentric ones, country as a turnip green.

Peanut
09-17-2012, 09:23 PM
My all time favorite was Dale Jarrett. Haven't found one to replace him yet is far as a favorite.

The sport needs another quirky one like Sterling Marlin. I like the eccentric ones, country as a turnip green.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. :D

I think some of the younger drivers have lost "character". They have to keep the sponsors happy, they become more of a spokesperson. I understand why. No sponsor, no ride.