PDA

View Full Version : Player to make/break the draft

rcsodak
02-16-2005, 10:01 PM
If there is one player out there, that you think will make/break denver's draft this year, who is it?
Top D lineman?
Top O lineman?
Top LB? CB? Safety?

Or is it just better to build the chemistry with solid players?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you realy believe there is ONE player that would 'make or break' the Broncos?

Nevermind that this team is several players away in crucial areas of the team,

Drafting 25th, it is unlikely that there is any ONE player that wopuld make the kind of impact you are looking for....

Oh, disagree. But only if we switch to the 3-4 full time.

The offense is stacked, if Plummer doesn't commit the turnovers (big if), its an elite offense.

If the secondary stays healthy and we don't pair Lynch and Kennedy at Safety at the same time, we should have a great secondary.

The LBing core is already ridiculously stacked.

I am beyond certain Fetafehi and Pope can handle the NT duties.

I think we throw a bunch of veterans at one DE slot.

I think the one player that makes or breaks the Broncos is an elite 3-4 DE that actually makes a difference and can play every down. If we find that player in this draft, I think the team is made.

Again, only if its a full time 3-4 switch. Its going to take several years to patch a 4-3 defense together.

West
02-17-2005, 05:10 PM
their are many players that could make our draft but one name stands out in my mind...PAC-MAN JONES CB WVU...we let herndon go and we have a strong nickel package against the big 3 of the colts...thats what hurt us in the game was without walls and middlebrooks

the break would be Hawthorne DT WISC we have Luther Ellis when hes healthy, Ellis Johnson who played well for us in the second half of the season, Monsanto Pope when hes healthy...we have 3 solid NTs for the 3-4 D this would break our draft in pieces when we dont need a DT...its almost like wasting a 1st round pick

Dream
02-17-2005, 05:12 PM
If there is one player out there, that you think will make/break denver's draft this year, who is it?
Top D lineman?
Top O lineman?
Top LB? CB? Safety?

Or is it just better to build the chemistry with solid players?

How can one player make or break a draft?

West
02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
basically its either a bust or gem...kinda like Roy Williams was a gem and Philip Rivers was a bust...

thats 1 point for me from broncology because of my smartness :)

Dream
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
basically its either a bust or gem...kinda like Roy Williams was a gem and Philip Rivers was a bust...

thats 1 point for me from broncology because of my smartness :)

Roy Williams isn't exactly a "gem" yet and Philip Rivers isn't a bust either; he hasn't even gotten the chance to play.

The best player to come out of the first round in this past year's draft is probably Clayton (Buccaneers) -- he just flat out dominated as a rookie.

West
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Roy Williams was a gem...he single handedly won most of their games, behind him and kevin jones

and yes Rivers is a bust because he hasnt played a down and they payed him all that money and he might be traded in the next few years :duh:

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Reggie Bush in 2006

Maybe Peterson and Micheal Hart (Michigan RB), Ted Ginn jr in 2007

Dream
02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Roy Williams was a gem...he single handedly won most of their games, behind him and kevin jones

and yes Rivers is a bust because he hasnt played a down and they payed him all that money and he might be traded in the next few years :duh:

Yeah; Rivers actually has played a down.

He won't be traded; Brees will be traded. He was franchised this year to see if he could have the same success as he did this last year. Even if he has a decent year; San Diego will trade him over Rivers because they invested a lot of money into someone who they believe has the potential to be their franchise quarterback.

Roy Williams should turn into a great receiver; but he is nowhere close to being good as Clayton.

rcsodak
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Do you realy believe there is ONE player that would 'make or break' the Broncos?

Nevermind that this team is several players away in crucial areas of the team,

Drafting 25th, it is unlikely that there is any ONE player that wopuld make the kind of impact you are looking for....

Good ol' DB....

If this had been presented by anybody else, you'd have not replied as such.

But that's ok.......
...you're still weak! ;)

I didn't SAY I thought there could be ONE player ......

...but every year, it doesn't fail. There's always that "why didn't we get...", "why did we get..."

And I'm not particularly saying the 1st round, either. I said in "the draft". I notice some of the other posters caught onto that....... :duh:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Yeah; Rivers actually has played a down.

He won't be traded; Brees will be traded. He was franchised this year to see if he could have the same success as he did this last year. Even if he has a decent year; San Diego will trade him over Rivers because they invested a lot of money into someone who they believe has the potential to be their franchise quarterback.

Roy Williams should turn into a great receiver; but he is nowhere close to being good as Clayton.

Im not sure we can classify Williams and not as good as Clayton quite yet. Griese put up ridiculous numbers and Harrington was terrible. Plus Williams was hurt almost the entire season. However, Clayton certainly set the bar high.

I disagree on Brees. He's the leader of that team and each and every player adores him. If he has another season similar or slightly worse then last season, Rivers is gone. The team would mutiny otherwise.

bleedbluorange
02-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Oh, disagree. But only if we switch to the 3-4 full time.

The offense is stacked, if Plummer doesn't commit the turnovers (big if), its an elite offense.

If the secondary stays healthy and we don't pair Lynch and Kennedy at Safety at the same time, we should have a great secondary.

The LBing core is already ridiculously stacked.

I am beyond certain Fetafehi and Pope can handle the NT duties.

I think we throw a bunch of veterans at one DE slot.

I think the one player that makes or breaks the Broncos is an elite 3-4 DE that actually makes a difference and can play every down. If we find that player in this draft, I think the team is made.

Again, only if its a full time 3-4 switch. Its going to take several years to patch a 4-3 defense together.I like how you think. Fatefehi and Pope will be uncertainties but everthing you say is right if they play well at nose. If they dont play well we can look to next years draft when we will get a better pic than 25 :ugh:

rcsodak
02-19-2005, 09:30 PM
The point to the thread, was....

...if denver doesn't get a 'big' name player, ie. hawthorne, ware, etc. but fulfills spots in HIS eyes, will ya'll see it as a failure.

In other words, I guess, is name recognition all that its cracked up to be?

EddyMac87
02-19-2005, 09:41 PM
kinda like Roy Williams was a gem and Philip Rivers was a bust...
What?.....

rcsodak
02-21-2005, 11:31 PM
What?.....

Sometimes, eddy.....with westy, it's better to not ask..... :coffee: