PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Pettway

DPg2003
02-17-2005, 08:47 PM
We are moving to a 3-4 Defense this year and we need as many versatile atheletes on the field as possible. I saw this kid's bio and I thought that he would a nice pick-up in the mid rounds. He has good size(6'4" 250) and quickness(4.55) and I would love to see him in the Orange&Blue next season.

Kenneth Pettway (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/olb/kennethpettway.html)

DPg2003
02-18-2005, 09:05 PM
No comments on Pettway???

Milehigh117
02-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Sleeper, he is a Terrell Suggs-like player with outstanding athletic ability at the DE position who has the speed to make it as a 3-4 OLB. He clocks in at about 4.5 in the 40 and has great size at 6-4 255. He will most likely drop to around the 5-6 round area becasue he plays at a small school and is a relative unknown.

DPg2003
02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Sleeper, he is a Terrell Suggs-like player with outstanding athletic ability at the DE position who has the speed to make it as a 3-4 OLB. He clocks in at about 4.5 in the 40 and has great size at 6-4 255. He will most likely drop to around the 5-6 round area becasue he plays at a small school and is a relative unknown.

I hope he does fall and I hope we can snag him. He might have a longer transitional period coming from I AA, but I think that he could he still contribute in some way this season. He knows how to get to the QB and he loves to make plays in the backfield. I think he would be a nice addition to the team seeing as how we are moving to the 3-4.

JRWIZ
02-19-2005, 07:59 PM
We are moving to a 3-4 Defense this year and we need as many versatile atheletes on the field as possible. I saw this kid's bio and I thought that he would a nice pick-up in the mid rounds. He has good size(6'4" 250) and quickness(4.55) and I would love to see him in the Orange&Blue next season.

Kenneth Pettway (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/olb/kennethpettway.html)

You as sadly mistaken if you believe we will be in that defense much more than 20-25% of the plays this year. We simply do not have the personnel to do so.
Everything said is they would like to experiment with it to see how it works.
There has been NO indication that anyone in the Coaching staff has said anything to the contrary.

DPg2003
02-20-2005, 07:12 PM
You as sadly mistaken if you believe we will be in that defense much more than 20-25% of the plays this year. We simply do not have the personnel to do so.
Everything said is they would like to experiment with it to see how it works.
There has been NO indication that anyone in the Coaching staff has said anything to the contrary.

I too think that the 4-3 will be our base/safety blanket/fall back Defense, but even if we are running the 3-4 only 2% of the time we still need to add more atheletes this off-season. Pettway would be a nice pick-up in the later rounds. He could be a DE in the 4-3 and an OLB in the 3-4. If we are able to do that we could leave Hayward on the D-Line where he belongs instead of trying him at rush LB. If we draft a DE and a DT in Rounds 1 & 2 and then grab a player like Pettway in the later rounds we will not only drastically improve the D-Line, but we will be adding depth to the LB corps as well as a potential Special Teams stalwart. Pettway has good size, good speed and a killer instinct and I hope we grab him.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Have you seen him play, why are you so high on him???

DPg2003
02-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Have you seen him play, why are you so high on him???

Yes I have actually. I follow a few predominantly black colleges and I happen to know a little something about Grambling. I'm no expert scout nor do I have any idea of what he will actually do in the pros, it is just my opinion that he would an excellent mid to late round pick-up. The only thing you can say about him is he didn't play at a big school with all the big names, but if someone can play the game they can just play the game regardless of where they went to school. He had a pretty dominant Senior year and I think that he could succeed on a team like the Broncos that already have alot of talent and experience around him.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Well I havent seen him play, so i all i have is what I have read about him, he seems like a decent player, For his size i like his speed. The difference between division I and I-AA is huge not saying he cant perform but the talent level jump is much bigger to the NFL, I mean did he completely Dominate I-AA when he played, was he gameplanned around or did he just put up some good numbers?

DPg2003
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Well I havent seen him play, so i all i have is what I have read about him, he seems like a decent player, For his size i like his speed. The difference between division I and I-AA is huge not saying he cant perform but the talent level jump is much bigger to the NFL, I mean did he completely Dominate I-AA when he played, was he gameplanned around or did he just put up some good numbers?

Of the games that I did see I wouldn't say that their D was anywhere near dominating, but Pettway made some plays that just stood out. I was glad to see that NFLDraftCountdown.com (http://nfldraftcountdown.com) had him as one of their sleepers. He is very strong and has a good work ethic. I remember announcers talking about his combination of speed and strength alot. He seemed to always be in the backfield and he also seemed to be a sure tackler. But like you stated there is a big difference in the level of competition, and like I said earlier I think he would be a nice pick-up in the mid to late rounds. I'm not saying that he could come in and just shock the world at first, but I think with the players we already have on D he could be a nice cog in the wheel and be a very solid contributor on both D and Special Teams.

TXBRONC
02-21-2005, 05:16 PM

You really like these small school guys don't ya DPg? ;)

DPg2003
02-21-2005, 11:09 PM
You really like these small school guys don't ya DPg? ;)

Hey man you know it. Just throwing out a few ideas here and there. Hopefully a few will hit and I'll look like a genius. :D

DPg2003
02-21-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't know about this player.....but if he is going to amount to anything in this draft, you will know in about ten days after the combine...

Yea, I'm not saying he's the next LT or Derrick Thomas, I'm just saying that he might be a real nice pick-up in the mid to late rounds. Shanahan's no stranger to players from big schools not panning out so why not take a shot at a lesser known player? I think this kid could be a real nice piece to a D that already has the leaders and the stars, and the Broncos are just a few players away on both sides of the ball from cracking back into the top tier teams in the league.

bornbroncofan
02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
He looks like a decent athlete and if he's there in the later rounds he seems like he would be a good pick up.