PDA

View Full Version : Draft and FA

jmjk
02-17-2005, 09:57 PM
All right, its time to start talking draft with the new mock drafts out.
But lets assume that we stick with TP until he goes and nothing else major in roster movement.

1. resign Hayward (whether or not)
2. make a move on another top DE or top OL (Pace would be nice if they dont tag him)
otherwise, save the money

Make a move to get into the teens if we don't get anyone in FA.
Otherwise draft (DE multiple talent here) or OL or WR (speed with hands only) in the first depending on who falls.
take OL or DL in second if not address in the first.
third round, take best avail.
If Clarett is avail in the late fourth, take him or move up only in the fourth. He was slotted to be great two years ago and would have gone in the second last year, its worth a forth rounder to see. Shanny likes bargains on RBs.
OL and DL is a priority for both first team and second team squads for rotation and backup.
Get a TE late in the draft and maybe a punter.

#1 Griffin Fan
02-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Learn to post in the right forum.

ttejuco
02-18-2005, 01:44 AM
They just resigned Orlando Pace to a long term contract.

mr williams52
02-20-2005, 10:32 AM
i agree about roscoe parrish. he would be a great pickup if we could get him in the 3rd or 4rth round. not only would he help on punt and maybe kick returns, but he could be a good reciever for us.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Parrish is probably going to be the 5th or 6th reciever taken probably somewhere in the second or the third, he might possibly be there with our 3rd rounder (compensation pick)

EddyMac87
02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
If Clarett is avail in the late fourth, take him or move up only in the fourth.
why? why would we need cancer in the locker room, especially if he is a RB, which we are fine at...

I would'nt take Clarett in the seventh round

DPg2003
02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
i agree about roscoe parrish. he would be a great pickup if we could get him in the 3rd or 4rth round. not only would he help on punt and maybe kick returns, but he could be a good reciever for us.

I've followed Miami for some time and I like Parrish's explosiveness on Special Teams, but I think the last thing we need is another skinny WR with no muscle to fight off the bigger CB's of the NFL. I think he could be a Special Teams standout and a decent slot receiver, but there are CB's with just as much speed as him that can knock him around and run with him too. I don't think it would be a good idea for the Broncos to draft him. We have D-Watts in the slot this year, and I think the other young WR's on the team can eventually be solid WR's. If anything we need a big, rangy receiver that can be a compliment to Jeb Putzier on 3rd downs and in the red zone.