PDA

View Full Version : QB prospects in the draft

bmcl2343
02-21-2005, 03:28 AM
I just saw an interview on NFL network with four QBs. Where will these guy go in the draft? Would you like to see any one of them here?

Brock Berlin
Kyle Orton
Dan Orlovsky
Derrek Anderson

Orlovsky and Berlin seemed like they were pretty articulate and on the ball, but I don't follow college football and so don't know much about any of them. - Except that I'd heard Berlin's name mentioned really early in the year as one of the top QB prospects. He doesn't seem to be anymore?

ttejuco
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Brock Berlin is another example of a good college player, but i doubt we'll see him starting in the NFL.

BlueDevilsDB
02-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Errr, thanks for you.....ummm.....insight, Troll. Now go back under your bridge.

Orlovsky (UConn) and Ortin (Purdue) I could see going in the middle rounds. Probably around 4-5. Both have the tools to at least be decent back ups.

Brock Berlin had periods of greatness, and not so greatness at Miami. I believe he was benched several time in his Junior year. I didn't see him much this year, but I don't think much people think of him as a very high prospect anymore. Ask Razor about him, he would probably know more.

To be honest, I know nothing about Derreck Anderson.

ttejuco
02-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Errr, thanks for you.....ummm.....insight, Troll. Now go back under your bridge.

Orlovsky (UConn) and Ortin (Purdue) I could see going in the middle rounds. Probably around 4-5. Both have the tools to at least be decent back ups.

Brock Berlin had periods of greatness, and not so greatness at Miami. I believe he was benched several time in his Junior year. I didn't see him much this year, but I don't think much people think of him as a very high prospect anymore. Ask Razor about him, he would probably know more.

To be honest, I know nothing about Derreck Anderson.

Well Orton has the best chance out of those 4, because due to the low class of QB's in this draft, i wouldnt be surprised if i saw Orton go into the 2nd round. He has good physical tools, but scouts wonder if he is simply a system quarterback. Possibly another Drew Brees.

Orlovsky is another QB with the right physical tools but will be a developmental work in progress. He is a prototypical pocket passer, and has the perfect size 6'5 226.

Derek Anderson has a really good arm and great size 6'6 240, but very inconsistent and makes bad decisions. Another developmental project but could pay off in the future.

JoRo
02-21-2005, 03:52 PM
I dont really like any of those four, Mcperson would be a good pickup if we can get him rounds 3-7, if he falls that far, my geuss is hell be round 2 after combine if hes invited. and ther ereally isnt any decent qb in the draft we can take to let sit an then take over in 3-5 years

EddyMac87
02-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I really don't see Berlin being drafted at all...Orlovsky's has great size but is overrated and will probably fall late 5th or early 6th round...

Orton is by far the best out of the four..but i can see him falling to the late 3rd round...

I don't know much about Anderson...

But with the way shanny has always been behind Jake and everything, I seriously don't think we're going to be drafting a QB anyway...

Tony
02-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I'd be surprised if shanny drafts another qb this april. I like to see more out of mauck and vanpelt. Mauck looks like a keeper, who will chalenge kanell for the no. 2 spot, and i hear that vanpelt showed some moves in the last preseason game. This draft talk makes me wish april was already here. :coffee:

Dream
02-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Orton is probably a third-fourth round prospect; he played against top competition so he should be an interesting prospect.

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Orton is the 6th QB off the board after rodgers, smith, frye, campbell and Mcpherson.

I really want us to get Mcpherson

I think if he lives up to his potential he could challenge Jake

EddyMac87
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Orton is the 6th QB off the board after rodgers, smith, frye, campbell and Mcpherson.

I really want us to get Mcpherson

I think if he lives up to his potential he could challenge Jake
People on this board are a lot higher on Mcpherson then i see other places...i'd be surprised if Mcpherson is picked on the first day....

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Other places? who do you work for?
no really what the heck are you talking about?

chickennob2
02-21-2005, 10:09 PM
One guy no one is talking about but who i can see being a solid backup is Danny Wimprine from memphis. think brett favre. just... think brett favre. thats danny. Brett's his idol. He plays like Brett. Hell, he even looks like brett. give the boy some love

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
never heard of him

dbdom
02-22-2005, 04:30 AM
kyle orton is projected 2nd round, dan orlovsky 3rd - low, dont know about derek andersen and brock berlin isnt even being touted as being picked, maybe a low pick

Skix
02-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Matt Mauck was great for us on the LSU team and I still think he is a great QB. I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Astros05
02-22-2005, 12:26 PM
We don't need a quarterback we need DEFENSE!!!!!!!