PDA

View Full Version : We better be careful

Milehigh117
02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't have a link for this, but the Lions are in the market for a Strong Safety, and not wanting to spend a high pick on one, are looking very hard at Kennoy Kennedy and Donovin Darius, so we should sign Kennedy before he goes onto the open market because the Lions have a good amount of money they can spend and theyve offered good money to secondary players Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant the past two years.

JoRo
02-21-2005, 06:59 PM
maybe when seahawks take sun u can become gm milehigh

Dub-DeuceKnight
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
WE don't need kennedy! I love the guy but Nick Ferguson would fill in at FS and Lynch would move to SS and we might even be better off. or draft a Safety.

BlueDevilsDB
02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Here's my take in our safety situation.

We should deffinetly resign Kennoy. A lot of people think he should be let go because he and Lynch are the same style of safety, and neither are great at coverage. You have to think of it this way though, this year we need to use most of our high picks on D-line, not safeties. If we release Kennedy, that leaves Ferg and Lynch. Lets face it, as much as I love him, Lynch doesn't have much longer to play at the level he is. So the means we would eventually have to replace both safeties within several seasons if we let Kennoy walk, instead of just one. The only reason we should let him go is if he asks for an outrageous ammount.

dbdom
02-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Here's my take in our safety situation.

We should deffinetly resign Kennoy. A lot of people think he should be let go because he and Lynch are the same style of safety, and neither are great at coverage. You have to think of it this way though, this year we need to use most of our high picks on D-line, not safeties. If we release Kennedy, that leaves Ferg and Lynch. Lets face it, as much as I love him, Lynch doesn't have much longer to play at the level he is. So the means we would eventually have to replace both safeties within several seasons if we let Kennoy walk, instead of just one. The only reason we should let him go is if he asks for an outrageous ammount.

hmm, only kennedy doesnt provide the level of leadership that lynch provides, that guy is the protocol vet guy, he can teach the young guns, also lynch is a much better SS, he cannot play FS because hes not a cover safety, he can still deliver those hits (just ask the colts player) and he is a great run stopper and showed this year he is over his neck problems, and nick ferguson is more of a FS, considering we can replace john when he retires through draft / FA that year, i think that makes kennedy expendable

bornbroncofan
02-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I like kenoy but if he gets let go i don't think he's irreplaceable.