PDA

View Full Version : Moss to the Raiders is a good thing for our draft

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
The Vikings were certain to pick a DT, probably Shaun Cody. Now at pick 7, they are likely going to take a WR. The Raiders need 4 LBs, so you know what they are drafting.

This is a win scenario for the Broncos becuase it should completely insure that S. Cody or A. Hawthorne are available at pick 25.

Broncology should be completely thrilled if this trade happens as we have a realistic shot that Cody slips now.

The Bengals and Texans become the main DT competition, Travis Johnson should go to one of them. Both could draft a DE as well though, which would basically insure Cody would be available.

Dream
02-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh heck yes, Shaun Cody = Denver Broncos baby!

But seriously; Minnesota still has #7 and the #18 in this years, draft; so they COULD go after a guy like Spears that early or take a look at Edwards or Williams. They're going to pass he ball anyways and it's not like Moss leaving is that much of a detriment to their team.

Good news for me.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Bah, I wasn't thinking correctly, I was thinking they swapped first round picks.

Ok, so this doesn't really help unless they go Spears or Cody that early, which is entirely possible as they need a DE as well. A possible pick up would be Heath Miller as they need a TE badly if Wiggins isn't brought back. A top CB could be an option too.

Ok, this only helps Denver if they take a position other then WR at pick 7, that would mean they basically have to go WR at 18 where Clayton should be sitting. Poor Ravens, they got hammered in this deal, now they have to go for Roddy White or the Georgia guy as one less WR is going to be available now when they choose.

No Clayton for you Razor. :P

OrangeShadow
02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Guys christ mortenson just reported moss doesnt want to and proably wont play for oak

JoRo
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Guys christ mortenson just reported moss doesnt want to and proably wont play for oak

More good news for us :) if they end up gettin him an he dont play.......sweet stuff, that means that we may get out good on both draft an playin them this year :)