PDA

View Full Version : We should pick up Brad Johnson

elwayfan2k
02-23-2005, 06:47 PM
I think he could really help us at Qb posistion. We seriously need a reliable backup QB, and with Warner, Garcia, and Bledsoe all on the market I actualy think his market value might be low enough we could pick him up.
As much as i would hate to think of Jake going down again this i the NFl and **** happens.
Thoughts?

BroncosB2B
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
If he is content with being a backup I would be all for it. However I think Johnson wants to be a starter somewhere.

Bronco51
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Johnson is a statue in the pocket. Gruden did not like him in the west coast scheme, IMO he wouldn't fit in with this type of offense.

kenoyripsit#28
02-24-2005, 03:13 AM
I think brad is ready to sit down and retire he has won his superbowl, and besides a team that is really desperate for a QB, don't think many teams will be interested.

steve6787
02-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Uh....have to say No to Johnson....Bledsoe is a Cowboy. I dont think any of these guys want backup roles. They want to start. I think Garcia would be a good (maybe even scary) fit in Detroit. Warner has made it pretty well known he wants to start (his last year w/the Rams and last season as he watched he team die in the hands of Manning).

TXBRONC
02-24-2005, 07:24 AM
I think he could really help us at Qb posistion. We seriously need a reliable backup QB, and with Warner, Garcia, and Bledsoe all on the market I actualy think his market value might be low enough we could pick him up.
As much as i would hate to think of Jake going down again this i the NFl and **** happens.
Thoughts?

Kanell is competent so imo I don't see the need to pick up a qb that will more than likely cost more than Kanell.

dbdom
02-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Kanell is competent so imo I don't see the need to pick up a qb that will more than likely cost more than Kanell.

yup, and was it me or did johnson's arm strength significantly decrease last year? the years of wear and tear have taken its toll

TXBRONC
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
yup, and was it me or did johnson's arm strength significantly decrease last year? the years of wear and tear have taken its toll

I don't know if he's lost any arm strength or not because I didn't see that much of him. I think he's always knocked because of lack of arm strength anyway.