PDA

View Full Version : Rush Backer

myoung
02-24-2005, 10:29 AM
With the upcoming draft I say we take the Blackstock kid out of Virginia. He is a nasty OLB in the mold of a Derrick Thomas. This would go along ways to helping our pass rush. And if we are going to go to a 3-4 he would be perfect fit. I would prefer the Merriman kid out of Maryland but he will be off the board by the time we pick. The other option would be picking up Demarcus Ware from Troy to play that role.

If we go DE (for a 3-4) then I think we need to move up a little bit to get Cody (USC), James (Wisconsin), or Johnson (FSU). All of these guys are big enough and could not only stop the run but help collapse the pocket.

TXBRONC
02-24-2005, 10:33 AM
With the upcoming draft I say we take the Blackstock kid out of Virginia. He is a nasty OLB in the mold of a Derrick Thomas. This would go along ways to helping our pass rush. And if we are going to go to a 3-4 he would be perfect fit. I would prefer the Merriman kid out of Maryland but he will be off the board by the time we pick. The other option would be picking up Demarcus Ware from Troy to play that role.

If we go DE (for a 3-4) then I think we need to move up a little bit to get Cody (USC), James (Wisconsin), or Johnson (FSU). All of these guys are big enough and could not only stop the run but help collapse the pocket.

I think our linebacking corp is well stocked and I believe DJ has the ability to do exactly what Blackstock can do.

I do agree about getting one of those defensive line you have in your post. The one I like the best is Shaun Cody.

Milehigh117
02-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I'd rather have Justin Tuck or Shawne Merriman because they are athletic enough to be OLBs in the 3-4, but big enough to play down on the line in nickel situations and in the 4-3.

dbdom
02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
he looks good, but will he be our pick
and also DL is high priority, OLB who can pass rush isnt, since we aint going 3-4 full time anyways, we have chukwurah to do the pass rushing