PDA

View Full Version : should we trade for coles

Bell26Watts17
02-24-2005, 08:11 PM
isnt lavereous(sp?) coles looking to be traded
would it be worth it to trade pryce for coles.
i dont know how big his salary is?
plus we could use some help at WR

what do u guys think?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Coles is a great athlete and I'd love to have him, but :

-We probably can't afford him

-We have more pressing concerns on D-line, O-line, and Safety

-If we did, half the bleeding hearts on this board would probably whine about him being a jack***, big mouth, cancer to the team regardless of whether he is a great player or not because he had the audacity to sign a big contract with Washington and now doesn't want to play there anymore.

I think Rod Gardener would be a better pick up for us anyway. He'll come cheaper and he's a big,strong, possesion receiver (something we don't have).

BroncosB2B
02-24-2005, 08:21 PM
There are more pressing needs than a WR. We have Smith, Lelie, and Watts.

Milehigh117
02-24-2005, 10:14 PM
and i predict Luke and Nate Jackson will be major contributors this year, as well as BJ Johnson

MilesAbove
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
There are more pressing needs than a WR. We have Smith, Lelie, and Watts.
I agree, we're fairly solid @ WR. There are other needs to be addressed before we overspend on wides, jmo :coffee:

EMCF
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
That would be as stupid as the Raiders trading for Moss, oh wait, they just did that. Idiots.

lodo
02-24-2005, 10:24 PM
no need to trade for coles.
the skins will release him tuesday.

Aija
02-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Hell no. He doesnt give u anything more than lelie. Hell no and take on a bloated contract. No way.

Paranoid
02-25-2005, 02:14 AM
Hell no. He doesnt give u anything more than lelie. Hell no and take on a bloated contract. No way.
Denver would have to pony up more than Trevor anyway. If the NFLPA allows him to put the Skins further under the cap by giving back half his bonus (which he has already agreed to doing) then they will just release him outright.

dbdom
02-25-2005, 03:42 AM
the skins want something, so they are looking to trade and according to reports 3 teams are interested, except they cant even trade coles because of their cap situation, they are trying to get chris samuels LT to restructure before they can even trade

atruebroncosfan
02-25-2005, 10:35 AM
i read on nfl.com that they are trying to trade him back to the jets for Santana Moss.