PDA

View Full Version : You are the GM

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Okay fellas, Lets say you are the Broncos GM/Coach. Most of you are up to date with what's going on enough to make educated decisions about our future. If it was up to you how would you try to work the offseason? Assume we do end up with a decent amount of cap space and lose Heyward but re-sign Hamilton.

I would:
- Trade Pryce for draft pick(s). Even a third rounder would be worth it to make up for the one we don't have.

-Go after DL in FA first. Pat Williams and Marquis Douglas being top priority. If we can't get either look at Payne or even Hovan. I strongly feel that where we are drafting it may not be conducive to wait until then to try to fix the D-line.

-Look at a WR or possibly FS if we have the cash. There are a lot of decent WRs out there that can actually catch the ball and do more than run fly patterns (like Lelie) I would love a Rod Gardener or Derrick Mason but guys like Joey Galloway or Kevin Johnson would come cheap and could contribute immediately. Arturo Freeman is a good Safety who could really help out against some of the premier receivers we'll be facing this year.

-Draft DL if we haven't gotten a legit starter if we have go after someone like Bryant McFadden from FSU with the first round pick. He is a tough cover corner who easily IMO be converted to FS if needed.

-Draft OL. This draft is fat with C/G players who we could look at in the later rounds 2-4

-Draft a decent punter if one is available

Other than this, fill in other holes as neccessary but low round picks typically don't produce or pan out.

Jared
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
If I am GM, I:

Have Bowlen committed to the asylum, fire Shanahan, Sundquist and his entire staff......rename Investco Razor Field....

Blow the team up and trade every player on the team that has any trade value what-so-ever:

Trade QB M Mauck to Miami for a 2006 sixth
Trade RB R Droughns to whoever for a 2006 fourth
Trade RB Q Griffin to NO for a undiosclosed 2006 sixth
Trade T Bell to Tennesse for a 2006 second
Trade M Anderson for whatever I can get
Trade WR A Lelie to Minnesota for a 2005 second
Trade WR D Watts to Tampa Bay for a 2005 fifth
Franchise DE R Hayward and trade him to Dallas for a 2005 second
Trade DE T Pryce for whatever I can get
Trade ILB A Wilson to Green Bay for the Packers 2005 No.1, 24th overall
Trade LB T Pierce to Houston for a 2005 fifth
Trade CB L Walls for whatever I can get.

Cut: QB J Plummer; QB D Kannel; TE J Putzier; C T Nalen; OT M Lepsis; K J Elam; S John Lynch.

Not re-sign: TE P Hape; TE/LS M Leach; DT E Johnson; DT L Elliss; P J Baker;
OLB D Spragan; S Kenoy Kennedy.

After June 1: Release WR R Smith

After first day of training cap practice: Place CB C Bailey on IR and trade him after season for more 2006 draft picks.

In one season, I shed you of your:

a) Miserable Coach
b) Salary-cap hell
c) Provide you with more money and more draft picks than any other team

d) Have my picture taken with Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson for prosperities sake :D

Ahh, but then you have a 0-16 team for years to come. That's not generally the goal.

ttejuco
02-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Ray Lewis gets 25 for murder, the police find out Jamal Lewis' giant drug cartel, Todd Heap breaks his other ankle, Boller gets a separated shoulder on his right arm, and Ogden is diagnosed with a life threatning disease. Oh yea, Ed Reed is traded for a 7th round conditional pick.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Mkay, maybe I should've added the clause no Razor homerism. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 02:50 PM
So, the Ravens are gonna blow up their roster to make the playoffs in a couple of years?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Sounds good. All you guys really need is a good WR to stretch the field. I think if you draft one you'll make the playoffs next year.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Sounds good. All you guys really need is a good WR to stretch the field. I think if you draft one you'll make the playoffs next year.

They have plenty of salary cap space, they will sign a top FA WR, and likely draft one as well, but with the Raiders/Vikings trade, I don't think Clayton will be around anymore when they pick in the first, so now I'm trying to figure out what they would draft if the WR value wasn't up to snuff...

CB to replace Baxter I suppose.