PDA

View Full Version : Te

Colorado Bronch
02-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Im curious what everyones opinion of Jeb Putzier is?
Is he our TE of the future?

Im willing to give him the starting nod this year but damn do I miss #84!!!!

:beer:
Here is to hoping Jeb can bring it to the table this year!

LoufromLItt.
02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Jeb made some quality catches this year, he is a solid tight end.

Drewsyourdaddy9
02-25-2005, 03:58 PM
he was the only reason you guys had a chance agianst us week 13.

i'm not sure though, is he a better blocker or reciever?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I think he's a decent receiving TE. He'll never be Gonzales, Sharpe, or Gates but he has good speed for a TE and is a solid option/checkdown.

Dream
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I like Jeb; I think he's a solid TE but I believe that he'll be targeted heavily this off-season.

He's definately a better catcher than he is a blocker.

bornbroncofan
02-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Something about him is just awkward but he's a decnt TE

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 04:01 PM
He also doesn't seem to get many looks in the RZ most of the TDs went to Hape. I don't know why.

Colorado Bronch
02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
36 catches for 572 yards (15.9 avg.) in 16 games (5 starts).

Not bad for second year stats I guess.

Lets hope he can double those stats next fall.

urinal_cake
02-25-2005, 04:40 PM
he was the only reason you guys had a chance agianst us week 13.

i'm not sure though, is he a better blocker or reciever?

He's a better receiver than blocker... pretty much the opposite of Carswell™

bmcl2343
02-25-2005, 04:41 PM
I hope he steps up - and I think that he can - but at the moment I'm not completely sold on him and so I wouldn't be upset in Shanny were to bring someone in to compete for the posistion. What ever happened to Franks? Is he still a FA?

JRWIZ
02-25-2005, 04:44 PM
36 catches for 572 yards (15.9 avg.) in 16 games (5 starts).

Not bad for second year stats I guess.

Lets hope he can double those stats next fall.

Second highest YAK on the team almost double of what ashley had!

A good TE who has greatness written all over him. Perhaps not an perinal ALL PRO but a good receiver that runs' like a weeble.

DPg2003
02-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Jeb will be a very important part of this Offense, but he still needs to become more physical and establish himself at the point of attack. He needs to make himself a target on critical downs and in the red zone, and he still needs work on his blocking. The thing that I think will take him over the top is his new position coach, Tim Brewster. I think Jeb is on his way to becoming a top tier TE in this league, but he has to be more aggressive.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Bah, you Raider fans leave him alone. It's not like a team could come and simply sign him away from us since we didn't offer him a high tender....oh wait....damn it.
We'll be lucky to keep Putzier through RFA, teams will be after him. Hard. There is only one decent TE in this draft, I think we will lose Putzier.

Adrenaline
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Im curious what everyones opinion of Jeb Putzier is?
Is he our TE of the future?

Im willing to give him the starting nod this year but damn do I miss #84!!!!

:beer:
Here is to hoping Jeb can bring it to the table this year!

I think Jeb is a decent TE and can have a good season next year :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Some mock drafts have us taking Heath Miller in the first round. Normally I would laugh at this but if we lose Putz and can resolve our D-line problems in FA this may not be too much of a stretch come to think of it.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Well, you can always draft the Colorado St. kid Joel Dreesen :D

Dude, I don't even know who that is. :huh:

atruebroncosfan
02-25-2005, 07:30 PM
yes i definately think jeb is our man. Especially with the new tight ends coach we have this year. Putz did great and made the most out of a lot of crumby Jake Plummer throws, must get him back this year.

fullcollapse
02-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Putz is clutch. We counted on him in big games and he was there. Plus he was the only real Bronco feature in the Sporting News in the past month, which tells you something about the public's general opinion of our team. Sometimes I feel like we are the Montreal Expos of the NFL (except good.)

speedracer2411
02-26-2005, 01:42 PM
i hate this guy he doesnt catch for ***** the only passes he ever makes is the ones that are absolutly perfectly in his hand besides that he sucks

ttejuco
02-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Dude, I don't even know who that is. :huh:

Geez, one of the most underrated TE's in this draft. A great pass catching TE, who could excel in a role as a h-back. AND he also long snaps.

Jared
02-26-2005, 03:42 PM
i hate this guy he doesnt catch for ***** the only passes he ever makes is the ones that are absolutly perfectly in his hand besides that he sucks

Wow. You must be watching different games than I am.

A second tier TE, definitely. I suppose he could get better, but I just don't see the athleticism of a Gonzalez or Gates. SOlid, productive player who should continue to be so for a while.

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 04:17 PM

A second tier TE, definitely. I suppose he could get better, but I just don't see the athleticism of a Gonzalez or Gates. SOlid, productive player who should continue to be so for a while.

Putzier was a WR until his Senior year at Boise St. He is still working on his blocking and aggressiveness but I think that the hiring of Tim Brewster will show immediate results this season. I think Brewster will teach him how to make himself a bigger target on critical downs and down in the red zone. He has the ability to strecth the field and he also is a vertical threat. He has the hands and the speed to be a top tier TE, but he still needs to work on becoming that extra O-Lineman in blocking. I hope we lock him up to a long-term deal now and let him continue to develop because he is going to be a stud.

JRWIZ
02-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Putzier was a WR until his Senior year at Boise St. He is still working on his blocking and aggressiveness but I think that the hiring of Tim Brewster will show immediate results this season. I think Brewster will teach him how to make himself a bigger target on critical downs and down in the red zone. He has the ability to strecth the field and he also is a vertical threat. He has the hands and the speed to be a top tier TE, but he still needs to work on becoming that extra O-Lineman in blocking. I hope we lock him up to a long-term deal now and let him continue to develop because he is going to be a stud.

He needs to be used as an H back more like Shannon started out to be. Can do some damage blocking but mainly a O threat.

TXBRONC
02-26-2005, 05:28 PM

According to the press the organizations feels that Jeb is ready to step up and become one of the better TEs in the League. Only time will tell if that's the case but at the very least I think he'll be a solid TE for us for years to come.