PDA

View Full Version : Our Trade options

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Which trade option do you like best and why?

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 12:27 PM
trading with dallas or minnesota would give us two first rounders and i think that is best

trades with cleveland will let us either rebuild (new QB) or get into the early part of the first round for the first time in forever

Dream
02-26-2005, 12:30 PM
None; they're all BS and the trade values aren't even close to matching up, please delete this horrible thread.

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 12:31 PM
hahaha, when one of them happens im gonna laugh really hard

Dream
02-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I guess you're going to be waiting a long time.

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
i dont think you've been paying attention lately...pryce has gotten a lot of attention from quite a few teams and since you know better, give us a likely trade scenario - that might help

Dream
02-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Pryce has been getting some attention from teams; not a lot. At the combine we're supposed to keep talking with teams to see what they're interested in giving up for Pryce and Droughns. I've read numerous articles where teams are starting to shy away from Trevor Pryce because they're skeptical as to whether or not he will return to his Pro-Bowl form coming of his back surgery; that's a major question they have and it's definitely a liability on what we're going to get out of him.

I've posted it in other threads and since you asked I'll say it again:

Trevor Pryce at best is a second rounder; probably not even that. I think I said his value was somewhere around three hundred in draft terms; which is at the bottom of the second round. I think that we could get a second rounder for Pryce if and only if we ship a fourth rounder along with him. I don't think there are going to be too many teams that are willing to fork up a second rounder for him; then again -- I might be wrong because this is a relatively weak draft for defensive lineman and a relatively weak Free Agency Period for them as well; that's probably the #2 reason why the Broncos are looking to trade him, (other than his hellacious cap figure).

I'm not sure how many teams are willing to trade a good pick for him knowing that if he's cut by Denver; they won't have to give up a draft pick and they'll sign him for less than what they'd have to pay him if he was traded. Take that into account.

I also said that Droughns is probably third round material and carries a draft value of around two-hundred; I think the best possible scenario is shipping them together for a high second round pick to a team like Arizona or Dallas; along with another pick (possibly a third our fourth rounder) as well.

I think they're both going to be traded; maybe Droughns will stay with the team but I am certain that if Pryce doesn't get traded; he'll be cut and that'll still save us three million in cap room. The best decision for Denver is to trade him and get what they can out of him because it makes no sense to just cut him knowing damn well that they could have gotten a pick out of him.

Pryce is equal to a second (late) or third rounder.

Droughns is equal to a mid-third rounder.

Cugel
02-26-2005, 12:50 PM
None; they're all BS and the trade values aren't even close to matching up, please delete this horrible thread.

Absolutely correct!

If you want to know what the value of each draft pick acutally is have a look at this site: http://www.nflfans.com/draft/staticpages/index.php?page=20040112141754733

Then do the math and see whether what you're offering is equal to what you're trying to get.

To give you a reality check a # 3 pick in the draft is worth about 2200 points, the # 25 pick is worth about 720, or about 1/3 as much. All of the Broncos draft picks in the 2005 draft taken TOGETHER don't equal 2200!

There's just NO WAY!

:fight:

Dream
02-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Absolutely correct!

If you want to know what the value of each draft pick acutally is have a look at this site: http://www.nflfans.com/draft/staticpages/index.php?page=20040112141754733

Then do the math and see whether what you're offering is equal to what you're trying to get.

To give you a reality check a # 3 pick in the draft is worth about 2200 points, the # 25 pick is worth about 720, or about 1/3 as much. All of the Broncos draft picks in the 2005 draft taken TOGETHER don't equal 2200!

There's just NO WAY!

:fight:

That's what I use man. I think a lot of people on here are just into wishful thinking. If there are really that many teams interested in Pryce (as indicated on http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2733590,00.html) I do think we have a SHOT, an outside shot at landing a second rounder. A third is probably more likely and I like getting that as well. If we can prove Pryce is back to normal and Pryce can prove that to teams as well; I think that's how his stock can get higher too. I think management will have to do a hell of a job convincing other teams that Pryce is back to his old form.

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 12:57 PM
heck with the math

this is why these trades are possible:

-the top 5 isnt as valued as usual
-cleveland is in need of DL and RB, heck package droughns, pryce, and # 25 for # 3 and warren like i said yesterday...that is a fair deal

-cleveland may not want to spend the necessary money on a top 5 pick
-shanahan's only chance of making a splash now is by getting into the top 10 in the draft, moss is no longer an option

Trench777
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
If we can prove Pryce is back to normal and Pryce can prove that to teams as well; I think that's how his stock can get higher too. I think management will have to do a hell of a job convincing other teams that Pryce is back to his old form.

We need a DLine....-if- Pryce is back to old form, why in the world would we trade him. Cap room? Cap room for what...a kick-butt DLineman? Ummm....am I the only one who sees the circular logic here?

T777

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 01:09 PM
if pryce is healthy, he is still tradeable cuz he may not want to reduce his high price tag and restructure, plus we can get younger on the dline which we need to do

Dream
02-26-2005, 01:14 PM
We need a DLine....-if- Pryce is back to old form, why in the world would we trade him. Cap room? Cap room for what...a kick-butt DLineman? Ummm....am I the only one who sees the circular logic here?

T777

You answered your question; for Cap Room on top of that, draft picks and the ability to acquire new youth on our defensive line. Ever since Pryce signed that ridiculous contract a while back; his production has gone down ever since. For someone who is supposed to be performing at his best and getting paid millions to do it; he's certainly not getting the job done. It's time to get rid of Pryce and hopefully bring in someone like Shaun Cody or Marcus Spears to do some dirty work. A pass rush is coveted in the NFL today and since this is a slim-pickin's draft for DE's and DT's -- their value is even more so the likelihood of us landing a impact player at #25 is going to be extremely difficult.

I've also been thinking that we could trade #25 and Pryce to move up higher in the first round and acquire another draft pick as well. It will almost secure us of a high talented lineman in this years draft. That's probably our best option as of right now. To be honest with you, I think that Dallas is the front runner; having the cap room and picks it would take for us to pull of a trade that's pleasing to both sides.

Denver sending Pryce and #25 would be a value of 1020 on the draft chart. So that could move us into the top fifteen.

Colorado69
02-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I like the simple and direct approach to trading Pryce and the 1st round pick to Dallas for their 1st round pick and maybe a second round pick. The DE from LSU looks great. Also, I wish the Broncos had a shot at Jones (Arkansas QB).

Sharpey
02-26-2005, 01:26 PM
packaging pryce and the # 25 makes good sense broncology...however, i would like us to get multiple picks in the first round somehow...you dont think dallas would give up a first rounder for pryce even though they have 2? or how about lelie and pryce to minnesota for # 18? they have 2 first rounders also.

Dream
02-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I like the simple and direct approach to trading Pryce and the 1st round pick to Dallas for their 1st round pick and maybe a second round pick. The DE from LSU looks great. Also, I wish the Broncos had a shot at Jones (Arkansas QB).

As do I; they have the #11 and #20 picks in this year's draft along with the #42 in the second round.

If we were to trade Pryce and our #25 to Dallas; we could move up to #20 and possibly squeak out their second rounder as well. That's probably one of the most probable of scenarios.

Pryce and our #25 to Seattle for their #19 (it's either that or #23) and their second rounder is also a likely trade.

To me; those are our two best options. Hopefully we can get it done.

Dream
02-26-2005, 01:35 PM
packaging pryce and the # 25 makes good sense broncology...however, i would like us to get multiple picks in the first round somehow...you dont think dallas would give up a first rounder for pryce even though they have 2? or how about lelie and pryce to minnesota for # 18? they have 2 first rounders also.

No; Dallas would never give up a first rounder for Pryce.

Parcells covets first rounders and in 2000 when he was coaching the Jets, he was able to get FOUR of them.

12) Shaun Ellis, DE
13) John Abraham, LB
18) Chad Pennington, QB
27) Anthony Becht, TE

I'm not for trading Lelie at all; and I don't think that Minnesota would be interested because they've been talking with Mike Williams and seem to be highly interested in him.

EddyMac87
02-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Leile is not going anywhere...and we just picked up plummers option...

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Gerard Warren and #3 Cleveland pick for Pryce and our #25

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Leile is not going anywhere...and we just picked up plummers option...
Yeah that!

Lelie is our most talented receiver, and Plummer is an outstanding QB, 10 of his INTs thrown were tipped up by the line, or his own receivers... STOP THE HATIN!

NeedDLinemen
02-26-2005, 06:59 PM
One of Dallas' 1st rd picks will go to the Raiders in a trade for Woodson. Dat Nguyen will also move the other way!!

Dream
02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
One of Dallas' 1st rd picks will go to the Raiders in a trade for Woodson. Dat Nguyen will also move the other way!!

No it won't; you don't know what you're talking about.

It'll cost Dallas both their #1's for Woodson since he's a Franchised Player; also no CB is worth 10.5 Million.

Oh and; that Cleveland #3 and Warren for our #25 and Pryce is BS; can't happen -- if you actually knew anything about football; you'd know that's BS.

So, everyone should shut up and stop talking about it.

LoufromLItt.
02-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd love price for sf #1 ,Miami's #2, and cleveland's #3... this trade would get it done.
:D :D

Cugel
02-27-2005, 08:11 AM

I guess some people want to live in Never-Never land and refuse to deal with reality.

None of these proposed trades is going to happen. The value of a top 10 pick is not "diminished this year" if only because you need to keep funneling draft picks into your organization for salary cap reasons - they're young so they can play for a while and they don't make as much money as veterans, plus they fill in on special teams for a few years until they become starters and you constantly need special teams players.

The top draft picks will be just as sought after as ever.

No, Dallas coach Bill Parcells hasn't had a brain lock. Therefore he will NOT part with a #1 draft pick for Trevor Pryce. Probably not a #2 either.

Pryce is 30 years old and coming off major back surgery. It's questionable whether he will ever be the same player again. If he is recovered it's questionable whether the back problems will re-occur. It's all a risk. You could trade your #2 pick and then Pryce retires after a couple of mediocre seasons while the draft pick goes on to start for years on the Broncos.

That's great for us, but why would Dallas agree to that? Why would anyone?

That's why the Broncos are having trouble getting a #2 pick for Pryce. Teams are reluctant to risk it. Maybe he recovers and becomes a pro-bowl player again and you look like a genius for trading for him, but the bigger chance is that he's never the same again and you look like a fool.

JRWIZ
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I guess some people want to live in Never-Never land and refuse to deal with reality.
None of these proposed trades is going to happen. The value of a top 10 pick is not "diminished this year" if only because you need to keep funneling draft picks into your organization for salary cap reasons - they're young so they can play for a while and they don't make as much money as veterans, plus they fill in on special teams for a few years until they become starters and you constantly need special teams players.

The top draft picks will be just as sought after as ever.

No, Dallas coach Bill Parcells hasn't had a brain lock. Therefore he will NOT part with a #1 draft pick for Trevor Pryce. Probably not a #2 either.

Pryce is 30 years old and coming off major back surgery. It's questionable whether he will ever be the same player again. If he is recovered it's questionable whether the back problems will re-occur. It's all a risk. You could trade your #2 pick and then Pryce retires after a couple of mediocre seasons while the draft pick goes on to start for years on the Broncos.

That's great for us, but why would Dallas agree to that? Why would anyone?

That's why the Broncos are having trouble getting a #2 pick for Pryce. Teams are reluctant to risk it. Maybe he recovers and becomes a pro-bowl player again and you look like a genius for trading for him, but the bigger chance is that he's never the same again and you look like a fool.

I agree they should wish in one hand a shat in the other and see which one fills up first.

bmcl2343
02-28-2005, 02:41 AM
In my opinion. Not one of these trades will happen.