PDA

View Full Version : Players Denver has singled out at the Combine.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-26-2005, 04:36 PM
As per requested, I will keep this updated with any players that Denver privately interviews or shows substantial interest in....keep in mind they never even talked to DJ Williams before selecting him in the last draft. They had talked to all the other selections though.

Chris Myers / OL / Miami-Fla.

- 6'4/300.

- The teams that have shown the most interest so far have been Kansas City, Denver, Jacksonville, and the Giants.

- He describes himself as a "scrapper".

Dustin Colquitt-P-Tennessee

- He said his best attribute is directional punting.

- Had a 74-yard punt in high school.

- Has talked to Denver so far, but will have interviews scheduled for the weekend.

Ray Hudson / RB / Alabama

- Measured in at 5'9"/193

- Has received interest so far from Chicago, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Denver.

Vincent Jackson / WR / Northern Colorado

- Plans to workout here.

- Expects to be selected on the first day of the draft as long as his performance at the combine is good.

- Has interviewed with over 10 teams so far. He said Denver showed an interest in him.

Troy Williamson / WR / South Carolina

- Measured in at 6'1/203. He added that he likes playing at that weight and doesn't plan to gain or lose any.

- Will work out here and at his pro day on 3/6.

- Has interviewed with the Buccaneers, Broncos, Packers, Ravens so far.

- He said he should run in the 4.3's and anything higher (4.4's) wouldn't be acceptable.

Jonathan Goddard/DE/Marshall

- He measured in at 6-0/240

- He expects to be selected between the second and fourth rounds.

- He said most teams are talking to him about playing linebacker.

- He ran a 4.5 in college.

- He played at 228 pounds in college.

- He said that more teams going to a 3-4 defense in the NFL helps his stock.

- He played very little linebacker in college, but might translate there in the NFL.

-Most of the 3-4 teams have talked to him.

- He will do everything but the 40 because he tweaked his hamstring about three weeks ago.

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I am very disappointed in that list. Hopefully they just don't want to tip their hand as to who they really want.

West
02-26-2005, 05:04 PM
gosh dangit....that list sucks...i seriously hope that list is going to change...maybe add Antrel Rolle, Shaun Cody, David Pollack, Odell Thurman and some others

Jared
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
gosh dangit....that list sucks...i seriously hope that list is going to change...maybe add Antrel Rolle, Shaun Cody, David Pollack, Odell Thurman and some others

WHy? I wouldn't waste my time interviewing players who are absolutely going to be gone by the time #25 rolls around.

West
02-26-2005, 05:14 PM
you never know Jared my man...maybe Shanny has something up his sleeve :confused:

but i know one thing..the only 1st rounder up in that one list is Troy Williamson and i wouldnt want a Marcus Nash clone

Dream
02-26-2005, 05:17 PM
WHy? I wouldn't waste my time interviewing players who are absolutely going to be gone by the time #25 rolls around.

David Pollack and Odell Thurman will not be gone by #25; there is a strong chance Cody will still be there too; Rolle is the only one out of that list who is a shoe-in to be gone by the time we pick.

West
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
i put Rolle there for the off chance we trade pryce and our 1st for a 7-15 pick in the draft

Jared
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
David Pollack and Odell Thurman will not be gone by #25; there is a strong chance Cody will still be there too; Rolle is the only one out of that list who is a shoe-in to be gone by the time we pick.

I think Cody will be gone.

Pollack and Thurman, I'll concede.

Dream
02-26-2005, 05:27 PM
i put Rolle there for the off chance we trade pryce and our 1st for a 7-15 pick in the draft

Always wishful thinking from you eh West? :cheers:

Even if we did trade our #25 and Pryce; at best we could get the #15 pick overall; I think Rolle will probably be a top ten pick; but he might even slip to Dallas at #11.

I do get your point; it seems like Denver is targeting players that might be available if we "shore" up some draft picks via trades this off-season. You'd think with the emphasis of Defensive Lineman on the front page of DenverBroncos.com today; we'd be talking to some bigger end lineman.

I think Cody will be gone.

Pollack and Thurman, I'll concede.

Cody will more than likely be gone; Spears has a torn meniscus in his knee and I think that'll definately cause him to move down into the lower rung of the first round; which probably makes Shaun Cody's stock go up a little higher.

I don't think we'll be picking at #25 this year; I think we're either going to trade up with a team like Seattle or Dallas (involving Trevor Pryce) to get the player we want. I've never heard of us trading down and we're in a similar position as last years. A key player gets injured (Mobley - Pryce this year) and their return is questionable; so we move up higher in the draft to make sure we get the kind of player we're looking for and to fill the missing hole on our team. If Hayward walks; that couldn't be anymore indicative of us having to move up on draft day to ensure top talent at the DE/DT position.

West
02-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Always wishful thinking from you eh West? :cheers:

Even if we did trade our #25 and Pryce; at best we could get the #15 pick overall; I think Rolle will probably be a top ten pick; but he might even slip to Dallas at #11.
gotta keep the faith my man :rockon:

i mean Role would balance our secondary and maybe we can get a good coverage safety in round 3 possibly Brimmer if he so happens to slip down or Josh Bullocks if he slips and maybe some more

Dream
02-26-2005, 05:35 PM
gotta keep the faith my man :rockon:

i mean Role would balance our secondary and maybe we can get a good coverage safety in round 3 possibly Brimmer if he so happens to slip down or Josh Bullocks if he slips and maybe some more

Rolle would be a great addition to our franchise; but I don't see us taking a corner in round one because of the tender placed on Walls and how high the team's coaches are on him; however I do see us taking a playmaker in the secondary if we're able to obtain a third-rounder in trade or through the compensation which we should get for Bertrand Berry and Ian Gold.

I'm thinking a Fabian Washington or a Antonio Perkins type CB in Round Three.

Perhaps a saftey like Nicholson, Atogwe or Butler if they fall that far.

Bullocks will probably go in the middle of round two; and I think Brimmer in the third round is way too high.

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-26-2005, 07:10 PM
My boy Ernest Shazor in the 2nd round!

West
02-26-2005, 07:37 PM
who wants a john lynch-no-cover clone? :confused:

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Poole from OU wouldn't be a bad bet for a cover safety.
I've seen 'drafts' having him go late in the first to mid second...... :coffee:

West
02-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Little bit of homerism there RC?

How about JJ Billingsley from CU as our safety :)

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Little bit of homerism there RC?

How about JJ Billingsley from CU as our safety :)

Nothing like the pot/kettle/black thing, huh westy?

I simply stated a fact.
Take it or ignore it - your choice. :coffee:

West
02-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Nothing like the pot/kettle/black thing, huh westy?

I simply stated a fact.
Take it or ignore it - your choice. :coffee:
im just picking at ya my man...jeez man eez

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-27-2005, 01:32 PM
who wants a john lynch-no-cover clone? :confused:

Because he has the potential to be a ballhawk... Just needs to work.

Dream
02-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Poole would be a great pickup RC; but he'll probably go in the top part of round two.

OrangeShadow
02-27-2005, 01:47 PM
That list does kinda suck. whered you get it?

Milehigh117
02-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I'd want Marviel Underwood, the FS from San Diego State, he's a little undersized, but he's got the speed, and athletic ability to be an Ed Reed type of player.

rcsodak
02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Poole would be a great pickup RC; but he'll probably go in the top part of round two.

Well, you never know.
A few quirks in the draft by way of trades, and certain runs, he could be there for the picking at our #2 pick.
I'm not saying he's head'n shoulders above all the rest of the safetys, since I've not seen them in action. Just that he is more than just a hammer in the secondary; he can actually make interceptions too. ;)

bronx_2003
02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
itz just a few players we are looking at for later rounds, no big deal

Colorado Bronch
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Trading up in this draft would be big mistake IMO.
The best deals this year will be in picks 20-100!

Im glad they are looking at the WR from University of Northern Colorado.
This kid is a Roy Williams clone and could be a steal for the Broncos!! He played on a team that struggled this year and had a very bad QB throwing to him. :coffee:

Milehigh117
02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
He'll be a good WR, but he is by no means a Roy Williams clone. Williams is 6-2 212 and ran a 4.3 in the 40. Jackson is 6-5 240 and ran a 4.5, they are very different players. Jackson I don't think really has someone he can be compared to in the NFL as far as his size and speed except maybe Kellen Winslow.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Man, we've got to get Jackson if at all possible. He is the most impressive receiver at the combine by far. His combination of size, speed, and strength make him a lethal WR. We're looking at the next T.O. here, BANK IT!

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Vincent Jackson also caught the ball really well. He basically floored every scout there.

OhNoKoolAid
02-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey Mat, do you see Williamson as the potential darkhorse in Denver's draft plans? You should know as well as I do that you can only expect Shanahan to do the unexpected on draft day, well, that and taking a running back. Williamson is projected out of Denver's range right now, but things do change, and the World Champion Rams proved you can never have too many explosive skill players. I posted about a month ago that Williamson would be a welcomed suprise. While it isn't a primary position of need, I would think that anyone would be satisfied with this Chad Johnson clone.

BVP
02-28-2005, 08:21 PM
I hope that the Broncos get Vincent Jackson / WR / Northern Colorado because he could be a good player nobody really knows about. But if Fred Gibson is there in the 2nd, we need to get him in a heartbeat!

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
I hope that the Broncos get Vincent Jackson / WR / Northern Colorado because he could be a good player nobody really knows about. But if Fred Gibson is there in the 2nd, we need to get him in a heartbeat!

Oh, everyone knows about Vincent Jackson now.

PRBronco
02-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Seriously, since when is wide receiver a concern? I don't know if anyone noticed, but lack of receiving wasn't responsible for us getting our asses handed to us in the playoffs the past two yeras.

JRWIZ
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Seriously, since when is wide receiver a concern? I don't know if anyone noticed, but lack of receiving wasn't responsible for us getting our asses handed to us in the playoffs the past two yeras.

Great point,but it will be lost on all these ADD kids that seem to lose focus on what the problem is.

Colorado Bronch
03-02-2005, 08:22 AM
He'll be a good WR, but he is by no means a Roy Williams clone. Williams is 6-2 212 and ran a 4.3 in the 40. Jackson is 6-5 240 and ran a 4.5, they are very different players. Jackson I don't think really has someone he can be compared to in the NFL as far as his size and speed except maybe Kellen Winslow.

/shrug
Your entitled to your opinion but after watching Vince at every home game but one in Greeley he really reminded me of Roy Williams when he caught the ball.
He just moved like Roy does.

But keep comparing your cute combine stats, we all know they mean so much.