PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Trade!!!

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-26-2005, 04:54 PM
I heard this on ESPN Radio on the way home from my grandparents, it reported that there are strong rumors going around saying that the Raiders are going to trade C-Wood to the Cowboys for Dat Nyguin and the #11 overall pick in the draft!

What do ya'll think?

West
02-26-2005, 04:56 PM
that trade sucks....way to throw away another corner Al...now he has no corners

Philip Buchanon wants out and now C-wood is gone...

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE TO THE RAIDERS SECONDARY IF THEY'VE EVER HAD ONE :D

OrangePeel
02-26-2005, 04:59 PM
im betting that that 11th pick turns about to be a bust, what a waste :P

The Dark Knight
02-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I heard this on ESPN Radio on the way home from my grandparents, it reported that there are strong rumors going around saying that the Raiders are going to trade C-Wood to the Cowboys for Dat Nyguin and the #11 overall pick in the draft!

What do ya'll think?

Wrong forum.

That's what I think.

KnightOLB53
02-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I guess they can stop the run now with all the linebackers there getting

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Dat?
What exactly did he do for the Cowboys?
Why wouldn't they just sign Law and keep their #11 pick?
Sometimes J Jones amazes me.......

Jared
02-26-2005, 05:08 PM

What do ya'll think?

For a franchised player, you need to give two #1's.

Also, the Cowboys are 18 mil under, without Bledsoe's contract, so how can they afford to pay Woodson without gutting their team?

This is a rumor that will stay that, I would imagine.

West
02-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Dat?
What exactly did he do for the Cowboys?
Why wouldn't they just sign Law and keep their #11 pick?
Sometimes J Jones amazes me.......
maybe Law doesnt want to play for the 'Tuna' :confused:

TXBRONC
02-26-2005, 05:10 PM

What do ya'll think?

Sounds like a bad trade and I don't think it help their cap situation all that much.

West
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
It is a bad trade.. as we learned this year...one corner isnt going to really improve your secondary...That is a terrible trade on both parts... there goes the Tunas shot at Rolle or Jones in the draft

Dream
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
For a franchised player, you need to give two #1's.

Also, the Cowboys are 8 mil under, without Bledsoe's contract, so how can they afford to pay Woodson without gutting their team?

This is a rumor that will stay that, I would imagine.

Actually; the Cowboys are 18 million under the Salary Cap; they'd be about 8 million under if this trade actually happened; which it won't.

Jared
02-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Actually; the Cowboys are 18 million under the Salary Cap; they'd be about 8 million under if this trade actually happened; which it won't.

damn....typo. I thought I had that '1' in there.

But still, I say this trade won;t happen.

Dream
02-26-2005, 05:31 PM
damn....typo. I thought I had that '1' in there.

But still, I say this trade won;t happen.

Jared, you're a genius. :)

Parcells would never give up his first rounder for Woodson; let alone two of them. I posted this in a thread earlier about how Bill covets his first rounders; he had four of them back in the 2000 NFL draft when they took Pennington, Ellis, Abraham and Becht; there is no way in Hell that Bill or Jones would screw themselves over like that.

Jared
02-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Jared, you're a genius. :)

Parcells would never give up his first rounder for Woodson; let alone two of them. I posted this in a thread earlier about how Bill covets his first rounders; he had four of them back in the 2000 NFL draft when they took Pennington, Ellis, Abraham and Becht; there is no way in Hell that Bill or Jones would screw themselves over like that.

Exactly. As much as he likes vets, he likes picks as well. And he usually only signs vets who have played under him before. Not always, but that generally is his MO.

And, Woodson would have to get equal to or MORE than what the Raiders offer is in order to sign there, and I am fairly certain that Parcells doesn't view ANY CB as worth 10.5 million for one year.

kenoyripsit#28
02-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Who cares if they loose people in the secondary, i have a feeling with that #11 pick it could be used to grab a solid QB or RB because they way that offence is shaping up they wont have to worry about defence. (wait dosen't defence win championships) :duh: ( EVIL LAUGH) idiot raiders.

Snk16
02-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Raiders are really looking dumb right now.

Dean
02-27-2005, 08:35 AM
It's not a look. They really are dumb this is just the latest evidence.