PDA

View Full Version : well, lets pick up clarett!!

bronx_2003
02-26-2005, 06:58 PM
LOL, jus' playin' - check this out

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8232554

i still think he will be drafted 4-5

spikerman
02-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing that when you get outrun (or close to it) by offensive linemen, it doesn't bode well for a future NFL career. On the bright side, he's got that fine college education to fall back on... :ugh: ... my bad.

I hear McDonald's is looking for management trainees.

In all seriousness... I hate to see a kid not do well, and I hope he either gets drafted or makes a team as a FA. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise some people. I understand that he was very upset after his combine. Fortunately for him, he'll get at least one more chance.

RebelSyxx
02-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, he only ran a 4.7-4.9.......that makes half the full backs in the NFL faster than him. Im not a big believer in 40 times, but holy cannoli's that is awful. He can get his 40 time down with due training, but jeez...

LoufromLItt.
02-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I suggest he starts cutting for the 40 and agility tests... 1500 calories a day... 200 grams protein.. he could drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks.

Im rooting for the poor guy.!

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I suggest he starts cutting for the 40 and agility tests... 1500 calories a day... 200 grams protein.. he could drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks.

Im rooting for the poor guy.!

WHY?
He's had over a year to prepare for this very weekend....and what'd it get him?

A BELLY FLOP!

I hope he gets the Mr. Irrevelant Trophy..... :coffee:

puredenfan
02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
i hate taht guy and i would be exremely dissapointed if we drafted him

BroncosB2B
02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
I saw on NFL Network that TD was saying he ran only a 4.7-4.8 at the combine. Obviously that draft pick worked out ok.

RealBronco
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
He's still at it eh? Man...I hope that if he gets drafted, 1. It isn't by us, and 2. that he will get clobbered.

EMCF
02-26-2005, 10:08 PM
It's only a few tenths of a second, there are many more qualities that make up a solid HB.

GIVEME6
02-27-2005, 12:52 AM
It's only a few tenths of a second, there are many more qualities that make up a solid HB.

Speed is a MAJOR factor at HB. Any rushing lanes that his lineman may open up will be gone way before he hits them. The guy is a joke, and a thug. Hope he gets snubbed in the draft, just so I can buy his National Championship ring on Ebay in a few years.
:coffee:

rush_limbaughII
02-27-2005, 02:21 AM
With our offensive line system, even he can have a 1000 yards. I am not concerned because shanahan is great in drafting linebackers and running backs.

Dean
02-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Clarret is an obnoxious, egotistical loudmouth. This could be one of those situations that cause a person to re-evaluate themselves.

Maybe he may start to grow up. He can or at least could carry the ball. If Denver could pick him up in free agency, I would be in favor of it. We have some very talented backs. He might well not be able to make the cut and if he did Shanahn could use him sparingly as a role player to control his ego and mouth. He has good vision, size, and can break tackles. He could be a big plus. If he did not have major bucks from signing, his off field distractions might be lessened and he might be motivated to fit in to earn bigger money down the road (my feeble attemp at psychoanalysis).

Then again maybe not. I wouldn't invest significant money in him at this point and I wouldn't allow him major playing time unless on special teams. If he were to be placed in a position where he had money and starting power, I think he could be a major problem.

dbdom
02-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Clarret is an obnoxious, egotistical loudmouth. This could be one of those situations that cause a person to re-evaluate themselves.

Maybe he may start to grow up. He can or at least could carry the ball. If Denver could pick him up in free agency, I would be in favor of it. We have some very talented backs. He might well not be able to make the cut and if he did Shanahn could use him sparingly as a role player to control his ego and mouth. He has good vision, size, and can break tackles. He could be a big plus. If he did not have major bucks from signing, his off field distractions might be lessened and he might be motivated to fit in to earn bigger money down the road (my feeble attemp at psychoanalysis).

Then again maybe not. I wouldn't invest significant money in him at this point and I wouldn't allow him major playing time unless on special teams. If he were to be placed in a position where he had money and starting power, I think he could be a major problem.

it does genuinely sounds like hes changed, lets hope he really has, but no one will invest significant money in him anyways, hes probably dropped to a 2nd day because hes ran seriously slow, but then benched 22 reps, thats pretty strong, but seems like that bulk has slowed him down a lot

Dean
02-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Can you imagine showing up at something as important to his future as this is the second time in a row uprepared. If he was prepared he would have known almost precisely what his 40 time was going to be- cut weight, increased hip flexor stregth, etc to be ready. I'm not sure has really changed all that much.

bmcl2343
02-28-2005, 02:38 AM
From everything I've heard about this guy I'd be happy to NEVER see him in a Broncos uniform. It sounds to me like he might be a good fit a the Raiders. They seem to like players with his sort of character. :D