PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it Woodson made a deal with

Raiderjoe
02-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Cowboys. (work out a longterm contract with them) Raiders supposedly want their number 11 pick and LB Dat Nguyen. I don't think dallas gives up number 11 but i could see their second first rounder, and Dat Nguyen. Dallas is going 3-4 and Nguyen is too small for that defense but is a good lb in 4-3(looks like defense Raiders will play) B Parcells wants to win now(probnably his last year coaching Dallas) and he needs to upgrade CB position. First Dallas has the cap- to fit C woodson in and second no rookie QB going to come in and contribute immediately.(making emphasis to call no contact after 5 yards C woodson makes there defense even better.

Chaji
02-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Dallas is going 3-4 and Nguyen is too small for that defense but is a good lb in 4-3(looks like defense Raiders will play).

What's up Joe, I thought the 3-4 was perfect for the Faiders? :laugh:

TXBRONC
02-26-2005, 07:27 PM
What's up Joe, I thought the 3-4 was perfect for the Faiders? :laugh:

Yup the Faiders were supposed be a dominate 3-4 defense according to Schmoe. Btw Schmoe even if the deal between the Faiders and Cowboys happens they still can't afford to have Moss. To bad.

Raiderjoe
02-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Yup the Faiders were supposed be a dominate 3-4 defense according to Schmoe. Btw Schmoe even if the deal between the Faiders and Cowboys happens they still can't afford to have Moss. To bad.

Again keep dreaming(hoping) but at least # 84 won't be burning C Bailey again. Supposedly Randy Moss will wear number 18 and J porter(use to be 84) might wear tim Brown 81. Again Raiders claim they have money and we will see if its true or not. Are you going to admit you were wrong when Raiders get R Moss, and sign L jordan and have enough put aside to keep C woodson(temporarily till a deal is worked out in coming weeks)

Javalon
02-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Cowboys. (work out a longterm contract with them) Raiders supposedly want their number 11 pick and LB Dat Nguyen. I don't think dallas gives up number 11 but i could see their second first rounder, and Dat Nguyen. Dallas is going 3-4 and Nguyen is too small for that defense but is a good lb in 4-3(looks like defense Raiders will play) B Parcells wants to win now(probnably his last year coaching Dallas) and he needs to upgrade CB position. First Dallas has the cap- to fit C woodson in and second no rookie QB going to come in and contribute immediately.(making emphasis to call no contact after 5 yards C woodson makes there defense even better.
Okay, why don't you take this to the "Other NFL Teams" forum? This topic was orginally brought up to show why the Broncos were smart not to use their franchise tag. But your posts no longer have anything to do with Denver and are getting boring.

Dream
02-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Nice Javalon; at that -- how about you just don't post at all?

It's BS; it's a rumor. ENOUGH SAID.

Raiderjoe
02-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Okay, why don't you take this to the "Other NFL Teams" forum? This topic was orginally brought up to show why the Broncos were smart not to use their franchise tag. But your posts no longer have anything to do with Denver and are getting boring.
Yea but when you report bogus reports and I call you out on it. Show you link that says otherwise. Again we shall see in next couple days who was right and wrong. Listen I know it must suck being a Bronco fan - when everyone in divison getting better and your going backwards.(how many players did you lose already) How many Olineman did you cut, R hayward going going gone and T Pryce is finished. Who can blame you for being cranky.

Javalon
02-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Yea but when you report bogus reports and I call you out on it. Show you link that says otherwise. Again we shall see in next couple days who was right and wrong. Listen I know it must suck being a Bronco fan - when everyone in divison getting better and your going backwards.(how many players did you lose already) How many Olineman did you cut, R hayward going going gone and T Pryce is finished. Who can blame you for being cranky.
Blah blah blah...post in the correct forum and we'll talk about it there.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I think I started this rumor last night on the Raider boards. They kept talking about Woodson for Henry, so I gave them the Dallas or Cleveland scenarios because it made more sense. Silly Raider fans.

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 08:18 PM
This dude is trying to cover his tracks because he talks so much stuff he just keeps burying himself. When the off-season is over and teams are through shaping their rosters come back and talk about how smart the Raiders are. Until then post in the correct forum. :coffee:

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 08:18 PM

O linem(e)n? How's bout 1! And he'll prolly get re-signed......
The difference between a bronco/faider fan....
....bronco fans are realistic in that their team doesn't believe in overpaying has-beens such as sapp/washington, etc.....they get them on the cheap.
And they don't put themselves in the situation that the faiders find themselves in, currently.
Hayward is an average DE. Good for him to find greener pastures.
Pryce is a cap casualty.....you, of all people, should know something about that situation. :coffee:

Must we drudge up your posts from last year, where you were spewing about how good your faider were going to be? With all your bios/weights/heights/ etc.
Where did that get you? (other than ANOTHER high draft pick)

Your faiders will be the next Chefs....all offense and NO DEFENSE!

Javalon
02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I think I started this rumor last night on the Raider boards. They kept talking about Woodson for Henry, so I gave them the Dallas or Cleveland scenarios because it made more sense. Silly Raider fans.
:laugh: That would be just too funny if RaiderSchmoe was quoting your ideas on their forum and saying, "rumor has it." Not that it's a bad idea in the slightest, just that he's now pinning his hopes on any possible scenario he can find.

Hey Mat'hir, do you know if Woodson can refuse to be traded now that he's signed the franchise tender? I don't believe I've ever heard of this scenario before and I'm getting a big old kick out of it. I'd love it if Woodson could make things even worse on the Raiders. :D

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I posted this on the Raiderboards, just cutting and pasting. My take on the situation, which Raider peeps have agreed with so far.....

Who is going to want to pay Charles Woodson 10.5 million to play CB? Not a damn team.

What Woodson and the Postons did was lock in a guaranteed 10.5 million, that the Raiders have to pay, it's guaranteed. Woodson will be a FA next offseason and can simply dictate where he wishes to sign then.

That has two ramifications....

1) If Davis trades him to a team he doesn't like, Woodson will be a 10.5 million one-year lease and he'll leave the next season in FA.

2) A team has to be willing to take on his guaranteed 10.5 million contract.

Who in their right mind is going to do this? You've got to find a team that has 10.5 Million on THIS year's cap to accept a trade. The Raiders are in NO position to take back an equally bad contract due to your salary cap situation, so that's almost guaranteed not to happen.

You have Anthony Henry, Ty Law, Samari Rolle....all players that teams can get cheaper then Woodson's guaranteed 10.5 million.

You guys don't get it. They did this because it's the best deal he was going to see this offseason. Woodson now gets a guaranteed 10.5 million, he's not going to waive that right for anybody unless he gets a massive signing bonus. And with all those other, BETTER, CBs available for less, that's not going to happen.

You guys just got served by your own player. He told you not to put the franchise tag on him. Woodson will not sign a long term deal with the Raiders nor will another team be stupid enough nor have the cap space to trade for him and his guranteed massive 1 year deal.

He is going to collect his money playing for you this one season, and he will leave in FA next offseason to the team he chooses....Unless, you idiots make the same mistake again.

Jav,
the Raiders can trade Woodson for whatever deal they want, a 7th round pick if they choose....however, they have to find a team willing to pay him 10.5 million for a 1 year rental or else buck up a massive signing bonus to convince Cwood to waive his rights and sign a long term deal. Woodson has said he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL, over Champ.

He's sooooo staying with the Raiders this season, sitting on the bench with fake injuries, collecting 10.5 million and laughing his ass off.

Dean
02-27-2005, 08:30 AM
M.U.G. good analysis or in other words I was thinking the same thing. I would not be surprised in the least if he intentionally screwed Oakland out of spite.

TXBRONC
02-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Again keep dreaming(hoping) but at least # 84 won't be burning C Bailey again. Supposedly Randy Moss will wear number 18 and J porter(use to be 84) might wear tim Brown 81. Again Raiders claim they have money and we will see if its true or not. Are you going to admit you were wrong when Raiders get R Moss, and sign L jordan and have enough put aside to keep C woodson(temporarily till a deal is worked out in coming weeks)

The piece of garbage that you're making your claims from is incomplete. The writer doesn't even mention how Porter's new deal fits into all this. As far as admitting that I'm wrong, wont be any need too, because I wont be.

oaklandxraiderx
02-27-2005, 01:44 PM
well this is my 1st post over here at enemy lines, so hello donkies! :D And Moss will be a raider, and make the vet. minimum...and as far as woodson goes, the raiders have already accounted for how much he will cost, otherwise we would have let him walk....we will trade woodson, possibly to cowboys, or saints or cards....whoever wants him...and all this talk about woodson is not worth 10.5 mil for 1 yr, well, what about ty law? I thought i heard law wanted 12 mil from new england...so when u look at it, getting woodson would be a deal...samari rolle turned down 10 mil....so u donks tell me...but i can say that the passing game will be much better then it was in 04. GO RAIDERS :beer: