PDA

View Full Version : The Gerrad Warren deal

JohnElway#7
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I think it would make most sense if we traded Trevor Pryce , 1st rounder and 3rd rounder to cleveland for Gerrad Warren and there 1st(3rd overall). Let me know if you guys think this is a possability.

bronx_2003
02-26-2005, 07:31 PM
good idea but no im afraid.

TP and warren would be viewed about the same worth and our 1st and 3rd are nowhere near good enough for the 3rd overall

HORSEPOWER 56
02-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Do we even have a third rounder? I thought that was the pick we lost for cap violations.

Dream
02-26-2005, 07:35 PM
It'd take our first rounder this year, next year and Pryce atleast to get to #3.

Hell; look what it took the Giants to get Eli.

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Hell; look what it took the Giants to get Eli.

Exactly. Is there anything sadder than seeing a team tricked into thinking that they are good enough to win now, so they throw away their future to make a run at the Super Bowl right away??? I kind of feel sorry for them but if they can somehow get Orlando Pace they might win 8-10 games this year since they are in such a weak division.

MilitantDBFan
02-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I have faith in mike shanahan. I believe we will have a top 15 pick in the draft. last season we were able to move up with delta, i know for a fact we can move up with pryce. I dont know about the cleveland deal but its going to be interesting.

Ayo Broncology since you seem to know everything, do u know when the messiah is coming, alot of people are waiting.

myoung
02-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Do we even have a third rounder? I thought that was the pick we lost for cap violations.

You are correct. But it is expected that we will pick up a supplementary pick at the end of the third round because we lost FAs last year that performed so well. Loosing Bert might get us a third rounder. It will be at the very end of the round.

Milehigh117
02-27-2005, 07:56 PM
All I want for Draftmas is Shawne Merriman

NJBRONCOSFAN
02-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Exactly. Is there anything sadder than seeing a team tricked into thinking that they are good enough to win now, so they throw away their future to make a run at the Super Bowl right away??? I kind of feel sorry for them but if they can somehow get Orlando Pace they might win 8-10 games this year since they are in such a weak division.
I'm pretty sure the way the Giants see it, they didn't throw away their future...rather they invested in it by going out and getting Eli.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the way the Giants see it, they didn't throw away their future...rather they invested in it by going out and getting Eli.

They gave up key draft picks that they could desperately use, they gave Manning a huge contract that is going to eat alot of cap space in the future, and he has no blocking or no one to throw the ball to. They have a decent Defense, but they are still missing key pieces on it as well. How did they invest in their future???

Astros05
02-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I like the idea of the trade with cleveland I would do it in a heartbeat!!! That would be a great upgrade from pick #25. Just Do It :beer:

Peerless
02-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I think it would make most sense if we traded Trevor Pryce , 1st rounder and 3rd rounder to cleveland for Gerrad Warren and there 1st(3rd overall). Let me know if you guys think this is a possability.

He's not worth that. I think he brings peoples moral down on a team...

JoRo
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM

You are good at readin other peoples posts......arentcha

wizkid31
02-28-2005, 08:54 PM
He's not worth that. I think he brings peoples moral down on a team...

trevor wants out, warren wants out, we get the 3rd overall pick, they get the 25th. Sounds good to me. no one knows if trevor will be the same after his injury and missing almost all of last year, warren was a 1st round pick and we just need him to play at the level he did in college!!! how we do that i dont know but i still think he is an upgrade over an aging trevor pryce!!!

myoung
02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
trevor wants out, warren wants out, we get the 3rd overall pick, they get the 25th. Sounds good to me. no one knows if trevor will be the same after his injury and missing almost all of last year, warren was a 1st round pick and we just need him to play at the level he did in college!!! how we do that i dont know but i still think he is an upgrade over an aging trevor pryce!!!

If it is a no brainer that he is a big upgrade over Pryce then why would they give us the #3 pick also? Come on...... I think we will go for Warren. I am just not so sure the #3 pick is open for discussion. If we had a LT to throw in to the pot maybe. I think we could get him for a later draft pick straight across and deal with Trevor somewhere else (maybe Minnesota or Seattle).