PDA

View Full Version : Icognito injures knee during workout at combine

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Icognito injures knee during workout at combine (http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/8231401)

Maybe this injury will drop him into the late Round 4 -Round 7 range, or maybe even keep him from being drafted at all, and he could fall into our laps. We know how much Shanahan loves versatile O-Linemen that can move and Igcognito is that. He can be a real head case so that could keep alot of teams away and he may not be worth the risk. If we could grab Chris Spencer in Round 2 and Scott Young on Day 2, and lock up Ben Hamilton to a long-term deal our O-Line would be shored up for years to come, but if we can't get Spencer or Young, Incognito could be a good pick up.

Any thoughts??

rcsodak
02-26-2005, 10:28 PM
He's a basket case that belongs with the faiders!
Kicked off of two teams within months of each other...........NOT what I'd call a 'good character' kinda guy...

DPg2003
02-26-2005, 11:32 PM
He's a basket case that belongs with the faiders!
Kicked off of two teams within months of each other...........NOT what I'd call a 'good character' kinda guy...

Yea he has definitely had some personal issues and I hope he doesn't end up ruining his life by doing something tragic, but you can't deny his physical abilities. I don't know if he can ever be controlled, but if he could get his self together he would be the perfect fit, physically so, for our O-Line. But like I said I don't know if he can be contained and I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking that chance. When I think about Incognito I think about another young man that couldn't control his personal demons, Demetrius Underwood. A very talented young man but he had some personal issues that he just couldn't control. I hate to see things like that happen, but that's life.

Jared
02-27-2005, 12:46 AM
He was suspended by Cornhuskers' coach Bill Callahan last season after what Callahan said was a series of violations of team policies.

???????????????????????

Bill Callahan has to be the most lacking disciplinarian ever. And thsi guy was too out there for Bill?

No thanks. Talent or not, if you can't follow Callahan's rules (which are next to non-existant), how are you supposed to survive at the next level?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-27-2005, 01:07 AM
This guy is a natural Raider. They'll grab him in the 4th, watch and see.

chugfish
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
He's actually a really good kid who admittedly has some anger management issues, but there aren't a whole lot of OL who aren't salty guys. His dad is a good guy too. What happened at NU was unfortunate, but the kid and his family still have incredible loyalty to the program. Saying he got kicked off two teams is false, he never even enrolled at Oregon so I'm not real sure how he could have been kicked off that team. The kid is an absolute freak of a physical specimen for an interior lineman and will be a monumental steal for some team which I hope is ours.

By the way, the MRI on his knee was fine, there is nothing torn or stretched, just a mild sprain.