PDA

View Full Version : ty law

rush_limbaughII
02-27-2005, 02:28 AM
likely moving to the chiefs heard on espn radio

LoyalSoldier
02-27-2005, 02:32 AM
You mean KC might have a good defensive player for a change. :eek:

Ah well we still have the other side of the field wide open :coffee: .

kenoyripsit#28
02-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Is this deal through a trade or FA? why i aren't we going for Ty Law?

NeedDLinemen
02-27-2005, 03:24 AM

Probably money and the fact that he doesn't play on either line.

Snk16
02-27-2005, 05:29 AM

Obviously too much money. I think he's better than Champ. Maybe cut Champ and then get him? Law's much more physical than Champ.

mikemustgo
02-27-2005, 07:34 AM
I hope your kidding about the champ v law thing!!! did you forget that law hasnt played a down in almost a year and is older and played with alot of very good if not great people in NE??? lets see how good law is in KC im thinking they is a very very very large drop off from talent on KC v NE!!! Law is not better than Champ!!!

mikemustgo
02-27-2005, 07:36 AM
I hope your kidding about the champ v law thing!!! did you forget that law hasnt played a down in almost a year and is older and played with alot of very good if not great people in NE??? lets see how good law is in KC im thinking there is a very very very large drop off from talent on KC v NE!!! Law is not better than Champ!!!

Snk16
02-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Um..........Duplicate Post?

And also, who's got more INTs? That's Law. Who got burned against the Raiders, Bengals, and other teams? Champ. :duh: Who's a great cover guy but still gets INTs? Law.

So what you're saying isn't ture.

LoufromLItt.
02-27-2005, 08:12 AM
I would agree, law has posted numbers better than champs, but he also played on a better defense than the denver broncos. Patriots as a team have like crap loads of ints. compared to the broncos.

dbdom
02-27-2005, 08:36 AM
CB's are getting some HUGE contracts now
people are talking about 12mil bonus or something for samari rolle, thats big
whoever signs a FA CB will need to have a lot of room

Cugel
02-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm sure Ty Law would help the Chiefs defense a lot, but they need 11 new players (o.k. maybe 8-9) and he's only 1.

I'm not sure he's the answer unless the question is: how many seconds do you think you can cover a #1 receiver downfield while the DL falls down without getting to the QB?

Can you cover for 3-4 seconds? Cause' we could use that kind of cover guy!

DPg2003
02-27-2005, 12:02 PM
And also, who's got more INTs? That's Law. Who got burned against the Raiders, Bengals, and other teams? Champ. :duh: Who's a great cover guy but still gets INTs? Law.

INT's don't make a great CB, and Ty Law has yet to play with the new rules that were instituted because of, well him. Ty Law was apart of a very good Defense that was solid at all positions. Our D-Line, including Hayward, didn't get immediate pressure on the QB and force him to move and make difficult decisions with the football. If we would've had Ty Law instead of Champ last year our D would have been worse. Champ had to make plays off of pure atheleticism because he had to cover people for 5 or 6 seconds. When we get a consistent pass rush and put a cover Safety back there Champ will show once again that he is the best CB in the game. One man can't do it all by himself.

If you want INT's you might get them this year because our D will be better and some teams will probably throw at Champ alot more. Alot of the times Champ got "beat" he was so close to the receiver that he would get tangled and lose position. He didn't want to give up anything, not even a 5 yard slant. Other times the passes were just perfect and they got right by his hand. Other times he wasn't even supposed to be on the guy but Lynch and Kennedy were so slow getting over in the zone that it looked like Champ had gotten beat. This year Champ will be more relaxed and with more talent around him he will have a big season.

Snk16
02-27-2005, 12:36 PM
INT's don't make a great CB, and Ty Law has yet to play with the new rules that were instituted because of, well him. Ty Law was apart of a very good Defense that was solid at all positions. Our D-Line, including Hayward, didn't get immediate pressure on the QB and force him to move and make difficult decisions with the football. If we would've had Ty Law instead of Champ last year our D would have been worse. Champ had to make plays off of pure atheleticism because he had to cover people for 5 or 6 seconds. When we get a consistent pass rush and put a cover Safety back there Champ will show once again that he is the best CB in the game. One man can't do it all by himself.

If you want INT's you might get them this year because our D will be better and some teams will probably throw at Champ alot more. Alot of the times Champ got "beat" he was so close to the receiver that he would get tangled and lose position. He didn't want to give up anything, not even a 5 yard slant. Other times the passes were just perfect and they got right by his hand. Other times he wasn't even supposed to be on the guy but Lynch and Kennedy were so slow getting over in the zone that it looked like Champ had gotten beat. This year Champ will be more relaxed and with more talent around him he will have a big season.

Well, than it's hard to compare the 2. I think Law got more INTs than Champ in half a season or so. Not even. But until next year, I'm going to have to wait before I judge Champ. Unlucky I guess because of the new rules and the new Defense.

TXBRONC
02-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Obviously too much money. I think he's better than Champ. Maybe cut Champ and then get him? Law's much more physical than Champ.

Cutting Champ would be a cap killer. I do disagree with you about who is the better corner. Law may have more ints but he also has been playing on a defense that has been getting consistant pressure on the qb. Law being more physical doens't make him a better corner, but imo that's because he lacks the speed to keep up with fleet recievers. He also didn't play all year with new emphasis on the 5 yard rule with way he likes to mug receivers I think it will be a harder adjustment for Law to cope with.

DPg2003
02-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, than it's hard to compare the 2. I think Law got more INTs than Champ in half a season or so. Not even. But until next year, I'm going to have to wait before I judge Champ. Unlucky I guess because of the new rules and the new Defense.

Law only had 1 INT last season. If you look at the year by year stats on each of them neither has really had big INT years, except for '98 when Law had 9. Champ is 4 years younger than Law and is at a higher individual skill level. Law got to sag off and jump routes in New England because he had players around him that would cover him if his risk failed. Champ didn't have that luxury last season. When we put the talent around Champ that Law had around him in New England we will see who the better CB really is.

TXBRONC
02-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm sure Ty Law would help the Chiefs defense a lot, but they need 11 new players (o.k. maybe 8-9) and he's only 1.

I'm not sure he's the answer unless the question is: how many seconds do you think you can cover a #1 receiver downfield while the DL falls down without getting to the QB?

Can you cover for 3-4 seconds? Cause' we could use that kind of cover guy!

No doubt. What team wouldn't want a guy who could cover for 3-4 seconds?

West
02-27-2005, 01:53 PM
So Snk your saying that since TORY JAMES has more ints at 6 or 7 than Champ who has 3 is better? :laugh:

elwayfan805
02-27-2005, 10:36 PM
wow i cant believe you said we should cut champ for law....champ is the best CB in football the only reason law has more int than him is because champ is a SHUTDOWN corner and its alot harder to pick the ball off if the other teams are throwing to the other side of the field teams are terrified of champ....plus champ is younger and more of a team player hes not a distaction like law is

PatriotsFan08
02-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Two days ago all pro cornerback Ty Law was released by the New England Patriots because he was too ex*****ve, was still in a wheel chair from his surgery, and they have plenty of cornerbacks now. Still i wish him good luck, and if he signs with dallas he will rejoin Glenn, Parcells, Smith, and Bledsoe. Oh boy! LOL, GO PATRIOTS! :beer:

puredenfan
02-28-2005, 04:03 PM
imagine ty law and bailey on both sides :confused: