PDA

View Full Version : FA Help at O-Line

DPg2003
02-27-2005, 10:28 PM
We are close to signing LG Ben Hamilton to a 5 year deal and we are close to signing LT Lepsis to a 4 year contract extension. I believe RT George Foster has at least 2 or 3 years on his contract, but I am not sure. Nalen has one more year on his contract, and when he leaves Ben Hamilton move back to C leaving a hole at LG.

We all know this but I state this to make this point. I think that we should try to sign a veteran G that can play RG this season and then take over at LG in 2006. In doing this I also think that we should draft a G, hopefully Scott Young, and groom him to take over at RG in 2006. The FA I think we should target is Rick DeMulling from the Colts. He is the type of O-Lineman that Shanahan looks for and he shouldn't be too expensive.

This is my view, any other opinions????

PRBronco
02-27-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm glad to see someone else is worried about our guards, and not just shouting out the names of whoever was most recently released. I definitely would like to see us pick up a solid guy like demulling or bennie anderson. Plus, i've made it no secret that i don't like hamilton as a guard, i think we have two good young players who could compete in josh sewell and tyson clabo.

Milehigh117
02-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I've been saying for a while we should get DeMulling, he's a perfect Bronco lineman.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm glad to see someone else is worried about our guards, and not just shouting out the names of whoever was most recently released. I definitely would like to see us pick up a solid guy like demulling or bennie anderson. Plus, i've made it no secret that i don't like hamilton as a guard, i think we have two good young players who could compete in josh sewell and tyson clabo.

I think P.J. Alexander is due to break out, but I think there are some other good young Linemen on this team that could make some noise as well. Best case scenario is that we bring in a reasonably priced veteran, like DeMulling, and the young guys on the roster give him some real competition. Sewell though is best suited at C and I don't think they'll try him at G.

I like Anderson, but I don't think his style fits with this team. If he can move and pull and quickly get to the second wall of defenders then he would be an excellent pick up, but I think that DeMulling best fits the style of this O-Line.

Hamilton will only be the LG for one more year so be patient. He does a good job for his size, but I would like to see him add some more girth, even to play C. D-Linemen are getting bigger and stronger and our O-Line needs to do the same.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 02:00 AM
We should get DeMulling, he's a perfect Bronco lineman.

I agree. I think he's the best UFA OG for this team.

OrangeShadow
02-28-2005, 04:30 AM
i think we'll draft one