PDA

View Full Version : Lepsis Signed A Contract Extension

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Lepsis' Four-Year Deal Clears Cap Room (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2736306,00.html)

Matt Lepsis agreed to a 4-year extension that saves 800k against the cap this year. I guess he has a void clause in 2006, but hopefully he'll stay through the contract. The Broncos gave him his career and I hope he shows some loyalty to the organization.

Milehigh117
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
no, he has the option to be an UFA if the contract is voided, but if it isnt, then it is a 4 year extension.

TXBRONC
02-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Lepsis' Four-Year Deal Clears Cap Room (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2736306,00.html)

Matt Lepsis agreed to a 4-year extension that saves 800k against the cap this year. I guess he has a void clause in 2006, but hopefully he'll stay through the contract. The Broncos gave him his career and I hope he shows some loyalty to the organization.

I agree and hopefully Lepsis will.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 05:36 PM
anyway you want to slice it, this was a one year deal for Lepsis in exchange for the Broncos to save $800K on this years cap

Thanks, that's to the most to the point way to explain it.

JRWIZ
03-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Look, that's the point, the agent for Lepsis agreed to the restructe under one of two conditions in the future....It either forces the Broncos to excercise their option and pick up the final three years of his contract, which will include a ridiculous "roster bonus" next March, or it will force the Broncos to do an Ephraim Salaam or Dan Neil and cut the player before his roster bonus is due, thereby allowing Matt Lepsis to test the FA waters.....anyway you want to slice it, this was a one year deal for Lepsis in exchange for the Broncos to save $800K on this years cap...

You don't get something for nothing...

Are you absolultey sure there was not already a roster bonus or some clause that would not have blown this contract up already? It was known last year when Foster became the RT that it was temporary, until he got the exprience needed so he could be moved to LT. Was that not a hint of things to come?

I'm certainly not sure how you get by everyday as negative as you are?

Your negativety on this board reduces your insight, to take this info with a grain of salt because I have an agenda.