PDA

View Full Version : i might be crazy but

CAMERON
02-28-2005, 08:05 AM
i really believe that we need to either pick up mike williams or vincent jackson i think that we might see to future super stars right there also what did alex smith do at the combine the tight end from stanford

Milehigh117
02-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Sundquist in his interview sort of hinted at the fact that we're definitely considering drafting Vincent Jackson, he said, "I know mike, if we're looking for a certain player, but a WR who's 6'4 220 pounds and runs a sub 4.5, we all know how mike loves getting the ball down the field." That description is Vincent Jackson to a T, I've heard Denver has personally interviewed him and he played college ball in colorado.

Btw, Vincent Jackson checked in at 6'4.5 and 240 pounds and ran an unofficial 4.4

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-28-2005, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Vincent Jackson but he looks to have moved to the top of the 2nd round now, so it's likely we will have a chance. He would likely be used as a TE type with us ala Sharpe, and since we have no depth behind Putzier and might lose Putzier in RFA, this guy would make a ton of sense.

But like I said, he would have to last until our 2nd round selection to even be considered, and we will only have the luxory of considering drafting him if we sign several D-linemen in Free Agency.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 12:17 PM
I would love to see us draft Jackson, but only if he would be playing as WR/TE hybrid, moving all over the field. I strongly believe that Putzier is on his way to being a top tier TE in this league. I don't think that we will lose him as a RFA because I think Shanahan will match any offer he is given, no matter how much it is for, and I believe that he is trying to lock up him with a long term deal as well. Just my opinion, no articles to back it up, but I think Shanahan signed Tim Brewster for the sole reason of taking Putzier to the next level and I think he will get it done.

I read that we are trying to sign Shad Meir, whom we tried to trade for, to add depth to the TE position, so I would love to get Jackson and use him as a constant mismatch for opposing D's.

Astros05
02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Vincent Jackson but he looks to have moved to the top of the 2nd round now, so it's likely we will have a chance. He would likely be used as a TE type with us ala Sharpe, and since we have no depth behind Putzier and might lose Putzier in RFA, this guy would make a ton of sense.

But like I said, he would have to last until our 2nd round selection to even be considered, and we will only have the luxory of considering drafting him if we sign several D-linemen in Free Agency.

I agree with you!!!!! :beer:

xxRatedxx
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
hmmmmm....... vincent jackson played basketball, antonio gates played basketball, we went and got the man who groomed gates. :confused:

bornbroncofan
03-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I'd like this guy as a bronco