PDA

View Full Version : The draft trade game

Milehigh117
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Okay, try to follow my logic on this one, but if the rumors come true, this would be a very nice scenario come draft time.

First off, I'm hearing a lot on the Gerrard Warren and the prevalent rumor would send Pryce, our 1st rounder, and maybe another pick to cleveland for Warren and their #3 overall pick which would be great.

However, we definitely do not want to pick at #3 because any player we would want at that point would be a complete reach. Most "draft experts" have Alex Smith the QB going at the number three spot, so our best suitor would be Green Bay who holds the #24 overall and two second rounders and definitely need to draft a QB of the future since Favre's future is up in the air.

So, essentially, we would give up TP, the #25 and maybe a third rounder, and in exchange get Gerrard Warren, the #24 overall pick and two more second rounders.

Astros05
02-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Thats good because we can get who we want unlike with pick #25 we don't know who will still be around. So I like the idea of the trade because its in our favor. I hope we get Antrel Rolle or David Pollack. :rockon: :fight:

vicious2500
02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Thats good because we can get who we want unlike with pick #25 we don't know who will still be around. So I like the idea of the trade because its in our favor. I hope we get Antrel Rolle or David Pollack. :rockon: :fight:

Or the best D-linemen in the draft by the name of Marcus Spears ^_^, but the chances of us getting their #3 pick is like zero to none.

LoufromLItt.
02-28-2005, 02:41 PM
What?

Why would Cleveland trade the Broncos their #3 AND G Warren for the Broncos first #25, and T Pryce?

Come on people, think.....what would Cleveland's motivation be to do this deal??

Basically, they would be paying YOU to take their #3 and G Warren off their hands???

COME ON!

I agree, but I think he said our #25 pick, TP, and maybe another pick for gwarren and clev. #3.

JoRo
02-28-2005, 03:30 PM

We would move one spot fella, the good thing tho would be we would stockpile picks........... warren is a loser though unless hes real cheap

JoRo
02-28-2005, 05:16 PM
What is this #24 business? That pick belongs to Green Bay...the poster indicates the Broncos would turn around and trade with them AFTER the Cleveland deal...

Why do I bother??!!??....this trade will never happen....

Why don't you just package T Pryce, Matt Mauck and your first to Indy for PeytatoHead.......SURELY, Indy would do THAT deal :duh:

No, wut he had said was after we get the 3 pick.. and im not sayin this would work but if it did, then he said we could trade gb to get 24 an maybe evne a second or third rounder of theres........ thats wut i was talking aobut